T Nation

Diet Questions...The Flip Diet

lifted from Chad Waterbury’s ‘sexy female training article’
Here’s the breakdown of The Flip Diet:

Calories: Body weight x 10

Days 1-3

Carbs: 10% of calories in the form of vegetables

Protein: 30% of calories from lean beef, chicken, turkey, eggs, and protein powder

Fat: 60% of calories mainly from mono- and polyunsaturated sources. Be sure to use whole flaxseeds as one of your fat sources since it helps maintain digestive health.

Day 4

Carbs: 60% of calories in the form of whole grains, sweet potatoes, and vegetables

Protein: 30% of calories from chicken, tuna, turkey, egg whites and protein powder

Fat: 10% of calories from any source

Ok…the only part I am still trying to wrap my head around is 60 percent fat cals for days 1-3…i can’t picture in my head what i eat to accomplish that…manage to do it 3 days in a row…and not feel ill. does one just eat a lot of nuts?

i could some advice/reccomendations as to what you’d suggest filling that 60% fat cals requirement with.

i’ve never tried flaxseeds but they’re on my shopping list, and nuts are fine. except filberts. not a filbert fan…

help?

Well the meats, eggs etc have fat to count as well. Eat fatty fish like salmon. The fat in meats, eggs etc is not all saturated much of it is MUFA’s and PUFA’s.

Other than that yes nuts, seeds, avacado, olives, olive oil, flax meal, other oils like fish oil, maybe walnut oil. these can be great used on a green salad. etc etc.

Best of luck Oh and remember that its a lot easier getting that 60% of calorie from fat as its 9k/cals per gram as opposed to 4 k/cals of protein and carbs

Phil’s answer is spot on as regards food choices.

If you want to make life easier for yourself, check out a food-log application such as the Fitday software (www.fitday.com).

You simply maintain a log of daily intake, using a comprehensive drop-down list of any food you can imagine (and if you have any that aren’t included, you may add to the database).

The software provides a detailed caloric analysis for each macronutrient, so it becomes a peice of proverbial cake to stick to the specs of your diet.

Good luck,

Dimitri

the break down is the the same as the gsd diet,the volume of food is not that much but the fat is filling.

Cooking with butter is a good way to go also. Why not scramble eggs and cook them in a tablespoon of butter? Lay some butter on a skillet and then fry some eggs. Keep the heat low (no higher than medium) and go to town.

[quote]eic wrote:
Cooking with butter is a good way to go also. Why not scramble eggs and cook them in a tablespoon of butter? Lay some butter on a skillet and then fry some eggs. Keep the heat low (no higher than medium) and go to town. [/quote]

Throw some full fat cheeses and a couple shakes of hot sauce in there and you be eating my favorite breakfast.