Diet Questions, Getting to 175

Hey guys, hoping you guys could help me out a little with my diet, or direct me in some way. In jan. I was around 230 lbs, I started boxing and running and managed to bring my weight down to 198. But now, and for the last 3 months or so I’ve remained at this weight and I suspect its due to my diet.

My diet is fairly clean ( no fast food, no soda no junk ect) but its not as clean as it could be and I think I’m ready mentally to start a diet to drop the remainder of pounds I want to lose. I want to get around 175 by march or april if its possible. I’m looking for some diets to follow and if anyone could direct me to drop as much as fat as possible while being beneficial to a BOXER. any help i would be grateful for thanks, sorry if my writing is all jumbled im a bit tired thanks.

Post your diet. That way we can use it as a basis and modify it accordingly.

Well, i don’t think there is a specific diet out there to go for, but what do i know.

When it comes down to the basics, it’s all about calories in vs calories out. So basically if you’re not gaining nor loosing any weight, you’re burning just as much as you take in.

If you wanna loose weight, 300-500 calories in the negative is good. You go a lot lower than this, you’re gonna be very likely not to be able to keep the weight down, when you finish your diet.

So if you list everything you’re eating on an average day right now, and count all the calories, you should come up with the number that your body requires to maintain its current weight with whatever level of activity you’re at. Subtract 300-500 calories from that number.

thanks guys. my diet is something like this usually

Breakfest: 6:30AM
2 scrambled eggs on 2 slices of whole wheat bread
Orange juice or a whey protein shake

Lunch: 12pm
Since I am a student in highschool eating a good lunch is hard for me.
Chicken on a bun with water, sometimes if I feel hungry Ill grab 2 chicken

I get home around 3:30 then I’ll have
Perdue baked chicken cutlet on 2 slices of whole wheat bread and a apple or banana and some water or diet soda.

Then I go to boxing practice at 5:30 and train until 8:30 ish, and I get home around 9.

If I’m hungry I’ll usually grab another chicken cutlet or eat some fruit.

I know there’s a large gap of time between breakfest and lunch, but the only way i think I can eat something in between is to keep a granola bar or something in my pocket and eat it in between periods. Not sure what I can do here, any suggestions would be nice.

I have the same problems as you with the high school thing.

The way I take care of it right now is that I make my breakfast bigger and I sneak either a banana or a orange to class in the middle (9am~).

For lunch, its going to be a hassle at first but try preparing your own lunch. I right now focus on tuna sandwiches. However instead of mayo, I switched it up with some cottage cheese. It may smell but I can deal with it and my friends don’t care. Also, cottage cheese means more protein for me and it has a good consistency like mayo so for me it acts as a good substitute.

Try fitting in two meals at home to bring it up to a total of 4 meals, or sneak in a fifth with snack. I just drink water and I’ve that was probably one of the easiest transitions I’ve done.

Also, read this as it’s probably a bible to anyone wanting to drop fat.
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459493

[quote]boxerjx wrote:
thanks guys. my diet is something like this usually

Breakfest: 6:30AM
2 scrambled eggs on 2 slices of whole wheat bread
Orange juice or a whey protein shake

Lunch: 12pm
Since I am a student in highschool eating a good lunch is hard for me.
Chicken on a bun with water, sometimes if I feel hungry Ill grab 2 chicken

I get home around 3:30 then I’ll have
Perdue baked chicken cutlet on 2 slices of whole wheat bread and a apple or banana and some water or diet soda.

Then I go to boxing practice at 5:30 and train until 8:30 ish, and I get home around 9.

If I’m hungry I’ll usually grab another chicken cutlet or eat some fruit.

I know there’s a large gap of time between breakfest and lunch, but the only way i think I can eat something in between is to keep a granola bar or something in my pocket and eat it in between periods. Not sure what I can do here, any suggestions would be nice.

[/quote]

I’d cut out the bread. Get carbs only from fruit and veggies. Also you need to eat more often. Take a shaker to school with a few scoops of whey and in between two classes hit a water fountain and drink that. If the chicken is just regular grilled chicken thats ok but if its anything like my HS was its all probubly shit food so I would bring your own lunch. Go to the beginner thread at the top of the beginner forum look under the nutrition heading and read the 7 habits to healthy eating its one of the most kick ass articles on here and you should try to follow it the best you can.

[quote]HighVoltage wrote:
I have the same problems as you with the high school thing.

The way I take care of it right now is that I make my breakfast bigger and I sneak either a banana or a orange to class in the middle (9am~).

For lunch, its going to be a hassle at first but try preparing your own lunch. I right now focus on tuna sandwiches. However instead of mayo, I switched it up with some cottage cheese. It may smell but I can deal with it and my friends don’t care. Also, cottage cheese means more protein for me and it has a good consistency like mayo so for me it acts as a good substitute.

Try fitting in two meals at home to bring it up to a total of 4 meals, or sneak in a fifth with snack. I just drink water and I’ve that was probably one of the easiest transitions I’ve done.

Also, read this as it’s probably a bible to anyone wanting to drop fat.
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=459493[/quote]

Didn’t realize you already linked the 7 habits. Just a quick question does that cottage cheese and tuna work? I mean it tastes good, not like crap?

Your diet isn’t very good. You must eat after your boxing class. Sometimes I don’t feel like eating after a workout, but I do it anyway.

[quote]ss847859 wrote:

Didn’t realize you already linked the 7 habits. Just a quick question does that cottage cheese and tuna work? I mean it tastes good, not like crap?

[/quote]

My palate isn’t as sophisticated as a gourmet eater but I’ve been eating it for a while now. Its not bad at all and it tastes fine to me but I’ve also been eating cottage cheese for some protein for a couple weeks before I decided to mix it in with tuna.

[quote]HighVoltage wrote:
ss847859 wrote:

My palate isn’t as sophisticated as a gourmet eater but I’ve been eating it for a while now. Its not bad at all and it tastes fine to me but I’ve also been eating cottage cheese for some protein for a couple weeks before I decided to mix it in with tuna. [/quote]

I’ll have to give it a try…it sounds wierd but I’m just trying to shove as much stuff as I can down my throat anyway so the taste doesnt really matter.