T Nation

Diet/Protein Tips?

Hey guys I just started (or should I attempted) To eat better and healthier; I am getting a gym this month and I want to be able to jump right in head first but first I want a proper diet. I currently eat just whatever for Breakfast, A chef salad with a bottle of water for Lunch, usually a snack like pasta or something when I get home, finally tuna sandwiches for dinner. Any tips are greatly appreciated I am tired of being a scrawny little 16 year old.

Read articles or do a search. All the cool kids are doin' it.

Fetuses...it's all about the fetuses

Eat only whole foods(for the most part)
Every time you eat, consume the following:
A serving of lean protein
A serving of vegetables
A serving of fruit
A serving of healthy fat

How much is a serving? That depends on your goals and current state.

Not to start any kind of rant, but you're 16 and your username is "Nobama." Seriously? Like, seriously? Okay then.

Listen and absorb everything MattyG said. Simple guidelines are best for now.

According to your profile info, you're 5'7", 140 pounds, and "21.9% bodyfat." How in the world to you come up with that bodyfat percentage?

If it was a handheld machine, they're notoriously inaccurate. If someone used calipers, they can be inaccurate depending on the person taking the measurement. I suggest you forget everything about bodyfat percentages and concentrate on reliable tape measurements, photos, and how clothes are fitting.

Starting today, get on this basic routine, which I believe is a great start for younger guys:
Mon., Wed., and Fri.
Squat 2x15 (No weight, keep both feet flat on the floor.)
Push-up 2x15 (On your toes, go until the chest almost touches the floor.)
Lunge 2x15 (Alternate legs, 1 rep left/1 rep right.)
Neutral-grip pull-up 2x15 (assisted if necessary. Try to find beams/monkey bars/tree branch/something. Could be substituted with inverted rows.)
Plank 2x15-count (Hold the top part of a push-up, on the toes, arms straight, keep the whole body straight. Count to 15.)
Burpee/squat thrust 2x15

By the time that whole workout is easy, you'll be ready to start using the gym.