T Nation

Diet Program Theory

Reading and searching through the web I came about the following theory:

Take your ideal weight, say 200 pounds, you take that and multiply it by 10 and that will give you the amount of calories that you should ingest, in this case 2000. Then the total of calories should be divided in carbs, proteins & fat. 40%, 40% & 20%. So it would look like this 800cals from carbs, 800cals from protein & 400 cals from fat. You should eat at least 5 times a day with 60 to 80% of the carbs should be eaten before 6pm and the last meal should contain slim to none carbs.

The carb source will come from fruits (lots of pineapple for it’s benefits in protein digestion), green veggies, oatmeal and rice.

Protein source: fish (salmon, tuna), chicken and red meat.

Fats: Fish oil, olive oil, basically Essential Fatty Acids-Omega 3, Omega 6 and CLA

Any opinions about this program??

anyone?

try it out, but your calories seem too low. Im assuming this is a fat loss diet? If its a mass gaining diet, your calories are really really too low.

Actualy it is a fat loss diet. I’m looking for a healthy non-extreme way to lose weight.

How about including some information about what the program is aimed towards…
Bulking? Cutting? Year-round, healthy-living?

What you’ve said is pretty solid, and is a good clean diet. But personally I’d just ensure I got 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, and not sweat the details - unless you had a specific goal in mind…

-Rowesk

Edit: looks like I was way too late…
I’d be more inclined to lean towards one of the many diets listed in the articles on this site. Try restricting carbs more-so, and raise fats.
Perhaps 40/20/40, [P/C/F].
Just a personal preference, but i always find i do better losing weight on a low-er carb approach.

You’re healthy, non-extreme, approach will work. Just a hell of a lot more slowly than a routine directly aimed at boosting the metabolism, and turning your body into a ‘dat furnace’.

Thats not a fat loss diet. Thats more like a mypyramid joe schmoe eating plan

[quote]roweski wrote:
How about including some information about what the program is aimed towards…
Bulking? Cutting? Year-round, healthy-living?

What you’ve said is pretty solid, and is a good clean diet. But personally I’d just ensure I got 1g of protein per lb of bodyweight, and not sweat the details - unless you had a specific goal in mind…

-Rowesk

Edit: looks like I was way too late…
I’d be more inclined to lean towards one of the many diets listed in the articles on this site. Try restricting carbs more-so, and raise fats.
Perhaps 40/20/40, [P/C/F].
Just a personal preference, but i always find i do better losing weight on a low-er carb approach.

You’re healthy, non-extreme, approach will work. Just a hell of a lot more slowly than a routine directly aimed at boosting the metabolism, and turning your body into a ‘dat furnace’.[/quote]

Thank you for the feedback. Very helpfull. The diet does take into account 1gr of protein for pound of weight. And as the proporcion goes, I will lower the carbs. I was thinking of starting with a 33/33/33 approach and see how it feels and start raising or lowering the variables depending on results.

As for the articles I will check them out. Tried the V-Diet, went down 15 pounds, but for me it was hell. The phase of I didn’t do it well and gain back a couple of pounds.

That looks like a decent plan.

• It has adequate protein. The 200 pound individual would end up eating 200 g protein.
  • It includes healthy fats.
  • Carb sources are decent.

It has a few flaws IMO:

• No need to try to get additional omega 6 fats. Meats contain some.
  • Someone with poor insulin sensitivity will probably do better with fewer carbs and more fat.
  • For those who do well with carbs, I believe in sticking to sources that are naturally high in fiber with a low glycemic index. I eat only carbs that are at least 15% fiber (except PWO of course).