T Nation

Diet Plan Help!

Ok this is my basic diet plan… I really hate doing things when im thinking im doing it wrong so give any suggestions you want…just nothing really veg.

Breakfast
6:00am
4 Eggs and piece of whole wheat toast. 240 calories
For some reason I always have trouble eating breakfast because i feel sick to my stomach…anyone know why that is?

9:00am
granola bar.

Lunch:
12:00
Turkey sandwich w\ lettuce(alot), tomato(5 cherry tomatoes),pickles
snack:

2:30
2oz mixed nuts o
Work out
3:00
Workout days, 1 scoop whey protein (33grams protein, 7g BCAA’s)

Dinner
5:00
4 oz chicken breast, 3-4 servings veggies
snack(optional)
8:00
2oz nuts

so what should I add? or even recipe suggestions are welcome :slight_smile:

How much do you weigh?

I ask because it looks like you’re getting about 150g of protein and about 1700 kcal, which is pretty decent if you weigh 150 lbs and are fat (~20% or so).

Switch the granola bar with a protein bar- it’s healthier, usually. Granola bars aren’t really healthy, they’re usually filled with sugars.

Add some extra virgin olive oil to your chicken breast dinner. The extra fat shouldn’t hurt your fat loss, it’ll make the meal taste good and give your body a source of fuel to run on to keep it from burning protein as fuel.

All in all, it looks pretty good.

EDIT: add some gatorade or other simple carbs to your post workout drink. This should help recovery.

im twice the man any little 150 midget is… literally lmao

I had my weights and stuff on the original post but for some reason doesnt show up o.0

but anyway I’m 17, 300lbs (i was weaing my shoes when i check my weight XD!)
height: 6’1
39 % bf

I get around 2400kcal a day,

The protien is about 150, should be like 300, think i should drink more protien shakes or ???

ill add in gatorade before workouts

all i can say is where’s the beef? chicken and fish for that matter. 4oz of chicken breast, bullocks! Eat twice that. Have a shake instead. Have a shake 1.5-2 hours after lunch. You need more protein period. I did a high protein uber low carb diet when I was a chub. Worked for me.

I also started at 300 pounds around there anyways.

I was 34% though so about your size and I eat 2200-2500 calories
mainly meat and vegis

as was stated to me you want to stay away from beans starches and sugars.

carbs on workout days are fine but complex carbs like oats and stuff.
2 months in on a half assed program I lost 17 pounds gained 15 or so back in muscle because I am hovering around 26% body fat now
strength is awsome and I am shrinking but staying same weight

I figure if in a year I was 280 and in the teens for fat I will be happy as hell and it is reachable with my current diet.

heres typical of what I eat and how much http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=nichaaron look into fitday to track what you eat its opened my eyes
this is a few days ago I havent really updated this but its an idea

keep in mind my higher calorie higher carb days are on work out days the 2000 calorie ones are my lazy days
I am way too high on the carbs and can do much better without all of them but it is really hard to stay away from carbs

You walked in with a pretty good diet, and you’ve also got a good idea of where you need to go with it. So I figure you’ve got both common sense and the willingness to do what it takes to succeed.

With that in mind, here’s something you might want to do- read two pages of this thread tomorrow.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readPhysClin.do?id=1824539

Tell me if you can relate.

That link is to Bartl’s Physique Clinic thread. It details his journey from being a fat 260lb guy to a lean ~190 in about five months.

And by detail, I mean it shows EXACTLY what he ate and how he worked out.

Read a bit, and let me know what you think.

ive actually looked over many of the posts made on that particular thread, its very interesting for me, to see how people change.I think its really cool that they do that kind of stuff.

The main problems I have is I usually want things to be set so I dont have to rush to do things. Probably a unconscious excuse because im lazy lol. like I said in an earlier post, if I dont thing im doing something right I dont think its worth doing. but I will get over it!

I want to change and investing time to feel better psychologically and physically is definitely worth it.I may weigh a lot but it would only take a year or two at most if I work hard to get down to a good weight and I would look normal and also start a base for a nice body in the process if I train hard.

I have one question. I know I am around 40ish% bf and 40% of 300lbs is 120lbs, 300-120 is 180lbs…12o/2=60lbs=20% of bf so that would mean I would be only 60lbs over weight o.0 well… 20%bf isnt ideal but still.

hey maybe im not morbidly obese l0l… I am very tall and have a very large build… very wide shoulders ect

[quote]Petermus wrote:

hey maybe im not morbidly obese l0l… I am very tall and have a very large build… very wide shoulders ect[/quote]

Frankly, you probably don’t have large build. I’m 6’2" and started at around 250-260lbs. I used to think I was just built bigger. Then I got skinny(ish)…and I saw hyoge football players lifting where I lift…I don’t have a big build.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
Ok this is my basic diet plan… I really hate doing things when im thinking im doing it wrong so give any suggestions you want…just nothing really veg.

Breakfast
6:00am
4 Eggs and piece of whole wheat toast. 240 calories
For some reason I always have trouble eating breakfast because i feel sick to my stomach…anyone know why that is?

9:00am
granola bar.

Lunch:
12:00
Turkey sandwich w\ lettuce(alot), tomato(5 cherry tomatoes),pickles
snack:

2:30
2oz mixed nuts o
Work out
3:00
Workout days, 1 scoop whey protein (33grams protein, 7g BCAA’s)

Dinner
5:00
4 oz chicken breast, 3-4 servings veggies
snack(optional)
8:00
2oz nuts

so what should I add? or even recipe suggestions are welcome :slight_smile:

[/quote]

You should add: Cheese! maybe?

Also, breakfast suggestion: how about a few scoops of protein powder for meal 1, then making some eggs later. Also, drop the toast. Eat some oatmeal if you want carbs.

Some carbs post work out might help as well.

ok thanks for the advice

I do have a large build though :stuck_out_tongue:

most people dont believe im over 250lbs, when I put my hand up against any one of my friends, its twice as big lol

dunno

I have a suggestion, vegetables. If, in your sandwhich, you are using iceberg lettuce, that doesn’t count as a vegetable.

Each time you eat you should have a vegetable. It will make you feel a lot better and give you some nutrients you need.

Recommendations: broccoli, spinach, green beans, bell peppers, cauliflower, cucumber, olives, pickles.

The more I read Thibaudeau’s protocols, the more I think he’s onto something really, really efficient.

I didn’t see results until I decided to put my faith in a coach’s training and diet program, and just go BTFO.

Combine the two, and I’d recommend doing the program and diet Bartl did.

As far as [quote]I… want things to be set so I dont have to rush to do things.[/quote], that’s more of a time management thing than a training/diet thing. I hear what you’re saying… but it probably comes down to-

1. Waking up early enough to do the walks
  2. Scheduling out your day to make time for training.

And these are things you’ll probably have to do anyways.

[quote]Petermus wrote:

I have one question. I know I am around 40ish% bf and 40% of 300lbs is 120lbs, 300-120 is 180lbs…12o/2=60lbs=20% of bf so that would mean I would be only 60lbs over weight o.0 well… 20%bf isnt ideal but still.

hey maybe im not morbidly obese l0l… I am very tall and have a very large build… very wide shoulders ect[/quote]

40% at 300lbs is 180 lean, 120lbs fat.

Drop 60lbs of fat, leaves you at 180 lean and 60 fat.

60/240(new total weight) = 25% bodyfat not 20%. You can’t use the original 300lbs for the bf calc once you lose weight.

Drop 75lbs and you get to 20% at 225.

Diet looks decent, maybe drop the granola, addin a Metabolic Drive bar or a shake. Maybe add one more feeding in and try and get some more lean meats. You could try 3 eggs scrambled with 3oz of ham for breakfast. Ups your protein for the day and tastes mighty good.

Pretty solid base, now you just need consistancy and time. You seem like you have already made the important choices in regards to changing.

Ive had a very interesting day. I got up at 5:30 and went upstairs (we have a family room and my room downstairs) and cooked up 2 eggs,3oz of ham, 2 pieces of whole wheat toast(I wont eat toast tomorrow) and A cup of coffee. I then decided to put a scoop of whey protein in the coffee.

Now, I am normally a calm person but today during first period during environmental science we went outside and I decided to run the 500 yrds across the field, from then on I was very twitchy lol… I had trouble writing because I was twitching so much. Ive been drinking coffee since I was 8 years old… I never get hyper off caffeine but when I ate 50grams of protein I was like electric. I tried to sit in the library during lunch and I had to start doing push ups lol.

I also went to the grocery store and bought lettuce,tomatoes,broccoli,asparagus, cauliflower,pickles, Alot of chicken breast, whole peanuts,mozzarella and cheddar cheese. and a few other items