1/4 Cup Oats
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

1:00

5 oz Chicken Breast
2 Cups Mixed Veggies
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

1:30-3:00 Training (Surge)

4:00

Super Chili (Bulk Recipe for 5 servings)
4 pounds of extra lean ground beef
1 pound of onions
1 pound of carrots
2 cups of cooked drained kidney breaks
2 cups of cooked drained white beans (Northern Beans)
2 cups of crushed tomatoes
4 tbsp of milled flaxseeds
1 tbsp of olive oil
Cayenne Pepper
Black Pepper
Oregano

(581 Cals/14 Fat/60 Carbs/56 Protein0

7:30

1 Scoop Whey
.5 Cup Oats
2 Tablespoons Flaxseed
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

10:30

1 Cup Cottage Cheese
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Flax Seed
(Mixed Veggies or Fruit)

This is what I’ve got planned for my clean bulk starting in two weeks.

Anyone have anything to add or have any advice to share?

I’ve got it planned out so I train mid-day which may not always be the case. If so I’ll move my training to early morning and change my meal order accordingly.

Daily Totals are

3047 Cals/115 Fat/248 Carbs/264 Protein

This is going to be my baseline for gaining, if I go up or down from here in bodyweight I’m make changes accordingly.

Hmmm… 210 huh?

Well I think your fat is a little low, as is your protein. Take all of those “1 scoop” shakes and make them two and add in some extra natural peanut butter or nuts. I would shoot for closer to 3600-3800 calories (17-18X BW).

As long as they are clean you should be fine with the extra. You aren’t going to gain much only eating 3100 calories at your weight.

Otherwise the food selections and timing looked fine. I could nitpick, but really it looks fine.

Why waste your time and everyones to post your ‘diet?’ Are these the only foods and amounnts that you are going to eat? Every day–same food–same times???

Total calories and macro breakdowns will suffice. That said–you gave no details for a baseline of yourself, so even your caloric and macro breakdowns mean little. It seems the poster above found your weight at 210. But, that is still but one indicator of where you need to go/be.

That said, I would agree–that caloric level would hardly qualify as a bulk. It may be a slight uptick and eventually lead to weight gain???but hard to tell. I would shoot for an extra 500 cals of carbs and maybe a touch more fat.

And someone explain to me any bulk that starts with 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites. The calories you are pitching are mighty valuable. How about 3 or 4 whole eggs? And your choice of milk makes me think you are intolerant-yet you eat cottage cheese and other cheeses.

Food choices are pretty good.

Total intake seems low and the breakfast ingeneral seems low. start off with a big meal and much easier to make your caloric level when bulking.

Fat intake doesnt bother me to much look ok to me falls in that in theory good range of .5-.6 per lb if you are infact 210 but hjey couldnt hurt to up it with healthy fats as thats an easy increase. Protein could take a rise and id even say carbs early in the day.

All this however is us shooting kind of blind we have no idea how your train how much, how intense, extra activity yada yada.

all in all not horrid. Main this see if it has you gaining. If yes its good if no fix it,

Phill

[quote]Florida Titan wrote:
3047 Cals/115 Fat/248 Carbs/264 Protein[/quote]

I’m losing 2 lbs. a week eating that, and I’m only 220 lbs.

Are you really training hard?

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Florida Titan wrote:

I’m losing 2 lbs. a week eating that, and I’m only 220 lbs.

Are you really training hard?

[/quote]

lol. Yes I am training hard. And no I don’t weigh 210 anymore.

I should have posted this info…

I weighed 210 at my last meet in the summer. I’ve done the velocity diet and followed JB’s metabolism advantage book and have lost 28 pounds. I’m know at 182 @ 8% body fat.

I currently train using Waterbury’s programs particularly TBT 3 times a week and do cardio 3 times a week. All on seperate days. I do 1 long duration cycling session and 2 HIIT sprint sessions on the track.

The “1 scoop shakes” are a remnant of the metabolism advantage diet I was following for awhile so I’ll definitely bump those to 2 scoops.

And yes. I am lactose intolerant and use lactaid with my meals that have dairy to help with the digestion problems.

Anybody have anything else to add other than “eat more”? I’m most concerned with nutrient timing and something I may have missed.

Clean Bulk

7:00

2 Whole Omega 3 Eggs
4 Egg Whites
1 Slice of Cheese
1/2 cup Fiber One Cereal
1/2 cup Lactaid Milk :grin:
5 Fish Oil Caps

10:00

1 Scoop Whey Protein
1/2 Cup Frozen Fruit
1/4 Cup Oats
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

1:00

5 oz Chicken Breast
2 Cups Mixed Veggies
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

1:30-3:00 Training (Surge)

4:00

Super Chili (Bulk Recipe for 5 servings)
4 pounds of extra lean ground beef
1 pound of onions
1 pound of carrots
2 cups of cooked drained kidney breaks
2 cups of cooked drained white beans (Northern Beans)
2 cups of crushed tomatoes
4 tbsp of milled flaxseeds
1 tbsp of olive oil
Cayenne Pepper
Black Pepper
Oregano

(581 Cals/14 Fat/60 Carbs/56 Protein0

7:30

1 Scoop Whey
.5 Cup Oats
2 Tablespoons Flaxseed
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

10:30

1 Cup Cottage Cheese
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Flax Seed
(Mixed Veggies or Fruit)

This is what I’ve got planned for my clean bulk starting in two weeks.

Anyone have anything to add or have any advice to share?

I’ve got it planned out so I train mid-day which may not always be the case. If so I’ll move my training to early morning and change my meal order accordingly.

Daily Totals are

This is going to be my baseline for gaining, if I go up or down from here in bodyweight I’m make changes accordingly.[/quote]

OK

timing and stuff missing–This will be somewhat nitpicky because, AGAIN, nobody eats the same thing everyday at the same time–but,

breakfast–I wouldn’t eat 5 fish oils here. I would try to incorporate more carbs here as well.

snsck–2 scoops as mentioned. Here I would add a little olive oil or fish oil.

preworkout–I would say this is too big of a meal and too slow digesting 30 minutes before a workout. Maybe swap this with meal 2 or move it back at least 1 hour so it is eaten 90-120 minutes before working out.

At your current weight I wouldn’t add anymore calories until you see how this works. Give it a good 2-4 weeks then modify. I still think you may be eating a tad too much protein and not enough carbs for a good bulk.

You also don’t have to be so time rigid with your meals when bulking. It is not so imperative to eat every 3 hours and eat as small. I wouldn’t mind seeing a macro total of 200g/p 300g/c 100-120g/f

I mean–obviously it looks pretty good, but there is a difference between application and jotting down a healthy diet. Just worry about

1. total calories
  2. limit processed foods
  3. make sure you maximize your workouts to take advantage of your increased calories
  4. evaluate and tweak

I tend to gain fat quickly with a lot of carbs in my diet. That’s why I kept them somewhat low and increased my intake of fats and protein.

I think I may switch the shake with the regular meal preworkout like you said. I have my second meal of the day at home so that would make more sense.

Should I move the fish oil caps to later on…say pre bed meal?

I tend to gain fat quickly with a lot of carbs in my diet. That’s why I kept them somewhat low and increased my intake of fats and protein.

I think I may switch the shake with the regular meal preworkout like you said. I have my second meal of the day at home so that would make more sense.

[/quote]

Dare I say you probably gained fat with a lot of BAD carbs in your diet. I don’t know, but not many people I know eating sweet potatoes, fruit, veggies, and oatmeal are gaining excessive weight as long as their total caloric amount is in line. I’m not trying to argue, but that’s my take.

As far as the oils, yes space them out a tad. I don’t like the idea of ‘overfatting’ in the first meal because of absorption issues. I like to get that food flowing right away. And yes–a little fat mixed with your last meal is a good idea. I usually eat something and either add a tsp of olive oil or a couple-3 omega pills.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
Florida Titan wrote:

Dare I say you probably gained fat with a lot of BAD carbs in your diet. I don’t know, but not many people I know eating sweet potatoes, fruit, veggies, and oatmeal are gaining excessive weight as long as their total caloric amount is in line. I’m not trying to argue, but that’s my take.

As far as the oils, yes space them out a tad. I don’t like the idea of ‘overfatting’ in the first meal because of absorption issues. I like to get that food flowing right away. And yes–a little fat mixed with your last meal is a good idea. I usually eat something and either add a tsp of olive oil or a couple-3 omega pills.[/quote]

Would you put whole wheat pasta in the group with the good carbs?

I am not afraid of pasta. Regular or whole wheat. Moderation is certainly an issue as well as timing could be. I wouldn/t eat a big spaghetti dinner before bed, but I don’t avoid pasta at all costs as some would suggest.