Diet Plan - Any Suggestions

I am planning a diet as soon as my order comes in. Planning on a minimum of 6 weeks.

My current stats are:
Height 5’5"
Weight 192 lbs
No Abs in site
Age 39

Lifts currently are:

Max Bench 320
Squat 315 for 8 reps (Past Parallel)
Max Deadlift 455
Max Power Clean and Press 190

My goals are:
Height 5’5"
Weight 170 to 175 lbs
At least 4 Abs in site

Maintaining as much strength as possible. I want to be able to bench 2X bodyweight, power clean and press 1.5X bodyweight, squat and deadlift 3X bodyweight. These are long term goals.

Here is my plan using a partial velocity diet:

Calories 1500 - 1800

Diet Plan
I will be using HOT-ROX Extreme.
Basic Diet for everyday:

Breakfast
Metabolic Drive Complete with Flax Mill
400 Cals 14g fat 27g carbs 44g pro

Morning Snack
Metabolic Drive with Flax Mill
290 Cals 9g fat 12g carbs 43g pro

Lunch
Solid Meal (Goals)
250 Cals 8g fat 20g carbs 20g pro

Afternoon Snack
Metabolic Drive with Flax Mill
290 Cals 9g fat 12g carbs 43g pro

Dinner
Solid Meal (Goals)
250 Cals 8g fat 20g carbs 20g pro

During/Post Workout Drink
Surge Recovery
340 Cals 2.5g fat 46g carbs 25g pro

Non Training Days (Goals)
<1500 Cals <50g fat <100g carbs >180g pro

Training Days (Goals)
1800 Cals <55g fat <150g carbs >200g pro

I have a concept 2 Rower and I am going to get up early 3X a week and row 5K. This takes about 20 minutes.

I will walk during lunch every day it does not rain for 30 minutes, 4X to 5X a week.

I may also add in additional cardio on the off days to speed in fat loss as needed. I have some playing cards made up for cardio to keep it fresh. Draw from the deck and do what it says. Currently have cards for jump Rope for 150 reps rest 1 minute and go again for 10 sets, Jog 2 miles, run telephone poles for 2 miles(I walk one pole jog one pole and sprint one pole for the whole two miles), row 5K(will remove from deck for now), ride bike for 10 miles at a fast pace and walk 4 miles.

Training Routing Currently:
Monday
Closegrip Bench with Bands 5 sets of 3
(Speed only using 60 to 70% raw max)
Weighted Chinups 4 sets of 3
Cable Curls 2 sets of 12
Rowing on Concept 2 Rower 5 sets of 500M Sprints rotaing sets with partners(2) so about 4 minutes rest between each all out attempt.

Wednesday
Squats 1X10, 1X8, 2X6
(I have had knee problems and I am working back into heavy squats)
RDLs 3 sets of 8
Pull Thrus 2 sets of 15
Bear Complex 2 sets of 10 Reps

Friday
Max Effort Flat Bench 6 sets of 3
(Working up to a max effort)
A1 - Chins with Seated Row Handle (to failure)
A2 - Hand Stand Pushups (to failure)
(2 sets of this superset)
B1 - Fat Bar Dips (to failure)
B2 - Blast Strap Pushups (to failure)
(2 sets of this superset)

I usually change workouts every 3 weeks.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I will post my progress and any changes I make. I will let you know when I start. I would say I will start this coming Monday but I know I will not be able to wait if my order comes in earlier.

What are the solid meals.

1500-1800 to darn low to start imo where are you going from there just lettuce

TONS of pressing 2 pulls/rows not good 1/3rd the lower body work then heck just the pressing Why?

Phill

[quote]Phill wrote:

1500-1800 to darn low to start imo where are you going from there just lettuce[/quote]

I used the formulas from the velocity diet to get these calorie counts. I will be using HOT-ROX Extreme also which is suppose to help prevent muscle loss. Solid meals will probably be some meat along with a fibrous vegetable. This is to jump start my weight loss. My little girl loves the water and I will be spending a lot of time showing off my small pot belly if I don’t do something.

[quote]
TONS of pressing 2 pulls/rows not good 1/3rd the lower body work then heck just the pressing Why?[/quote]

Had not thought about balancing out push and pulls too much. I grew up powerlifting in the late 80’s and sometimes I forget to apply some of the new/better methods I read here. Good catch, thank you. Looked at my last 3 weeks before this and it had Power Cleans, pullups, chinups and chest supported rows for pulling. It had Incline Bench and weighted dips for pressing. I also had back work first in the routine where it is last this time. Should I balance out this every time then?

As far as legs. I messed my knees up pretty good when I was younger between powerlifting and soccer. I had to start out with walking, lunges, light RDLs and bodyweight squats about a year ago and gradually build back up to where I am now. I try to squat semi-heavy for 3 weeks then deadlift heavy for 3 weeks and then do bodyweight work for 3 weeks.

This has kept my knees healthy for the most part. I have made decent but slow progress this way. If I am not careful with squatting and deadlifting my knees swell and get stiff for a few days.

It is also really important for me to stay fit while I do this. I guess that is why I do higher rep bodyweight work in here also. I have a 5 year old daughter that I want to be able to run the soccer field with and whatever else she wants to do. That is my number one priority.

Yes easier imo to strike some type of constant balancer i mean you aint gotta be anal but get close. Or one could do times like you 4-8 weeks lots of pressing 4-8 lots of rows hell id rather just get close on them all the time lol

still think the cals are way damn lol but hey just know dont stay there to long it’ll be a slow road back from syuppressed metab.

best of luck
listen to your body
Phill

[quote]TCMbuna wrote:
Phill wrote:

1500-1800 to darn low to start imo where are you going from there just lettuce

I used the formulas from the velocity diet to get these calorie counts. I will be using HOT-ROX Extreme also which is suppose to help prevent muscle loss. Solid meals will probably be some meat along with a fibrous vegetable. This is to jump start my weight loss. My little girl loves the water and I will be spending a lot of time showing off my small pot belly if I don’t do something.

TONS of pressing 2 pulls/rows not good 1/3rd the lower body work then heck just the pressing Why?

Had not thought about balancing out push and pulls too much. I grew up powerlifting in the late 80’s and sometimes I forget to apply some of the new/better methods I read here. Good catch, thank you. Looked at my last 3 weeks before this and it had Power Cleans, pullups, chinups and chest supported rows for pulling. It had Incline Bench and weighted dips for pressing. I also had back work first in the routine where it is last this time. Should I balance out this every time then?

As far as legs. I messed my knees up pretty good when I was younger between powerlifting and soccer. I had to start out with walking, lunges, light RDLs and bodyweight squats about a year ago and gradually build back up to where I am now. I try to squat semi-heavy for 3 weeks then deadlift heavy for 3 weeks and then do bodyweight work for 3 weeks.

This has kept my knees healthy for the most part. I have made decent but slow progress this way. If I am not careful with squatting and deadlifting my knees swell and get stiff for a few days.

It is also really important for me to stay fit while I do this. I guess that is why I do higher rep bodyweight work in here also. I have a 5 year old daughter that I want to be able to run the soccer field with and whatever else she wants to do. That is my number one priority. [/quote]

ZMA!

Helped me a bunch when I was on the V-Diet.

You’re pushing heavy weights and amping up your activity more than the recommended amounts for the V-Diet (if memory serves me correctly) and giving your body a minimal amount of calories.

I also supplemented with BCAA (Purple Wrath or Scivation) although some of my friends though that was overkill.