Diet Mistakes I've Learned From

Over the years I have made a number of dietary mistakes. Fortunately, I have also learned from them. I’d like to hear about yours.

Here are a few of mine:

1. Going vegan: Ok I did this a long time ago. There is no traditional society that has ever been vegan. PERIOD. When I tried being a vegan I lost weight and looked like an intern at some Nazi concentration camp. Not pretty. I was always hungry no matter how much I ate. As a result, I ate tons of grains which gave me a full feeling but not for long.

Ok, there might be the RARE individual that does well on this kind of diet. After all, the great Olympic track star Carl Lewis is a vegan. But Carl Lewis is more god-like than human, so he doesn’t count :wink:

1. Not Cheating. You should occasionally cheat on your diet. I have been on diets where I didn’t cheat and such severity screws you up psychologically and socially.

Yeah, on a daily basis you should stick to your diet, but if you’re not eating the pecan pie that Granny makes on Thanksgiving, you are really isolating yourself socially and people wont want to hang out with you…especially if on top of quibbling over every dish when eating with others, you also become the food fascist who tells others what they should and should not eat.

1. Check out the source. You hear about a diet that is radical but is higly acclaimed by certain people. You are like me, in that you tend to just dive into things. Wait a minute! Check out some people that eat the diet
    to see just how healthy they are.

There is one HIGHLY acclaimed author of a diet/nutrition book. I happen to have lived in a community with this person some years ago. I now hear people making laudatory remarks about his book. What they dont know is this…the guy looks like run-down shit.

I am not talking about someone who is just naturally unhandsome. This guy is gaunt and shrivelled up. Not exactly a poster-boy for his diet. I bet if people knew about his health, they might think twice about engaging in his dietary plans.