Diet/ Long Work Hours

I am currently cutting weight. My overall calorie intake is 2300-2500 on non training days and 2800-2900 on training days. This is working pretty good for me. My only issue is work. Sometimes I work 24 or more hours straight. Today I am going in at 1pm and will not be leaving until anywhere from 6am to 1pm and I’ve been awake since 630am. What is the best way to manage my diet? I typically eat every 2.5-3hrs. Should I just continue that? Should I cut back on some calories during the later meals?

I think the over whelming consensus arrived at on diet over the last 15 years is that total calories taken in during the day is more important than frequency. Big meal at night versus breakfast probably doesnt really matter. There are ways to optimize this, but getting the calories in is 90% of the battle.

Take it day by day and just make sure to get the food you need in.

CT would advise you to take PLAZMA during training as well.

Thank you for the response. I have been eating this way for so long that eating every 2.5 -3 hrs is just normal to me now. I starting taking the plazma a cpl months ago and the results have been phenomenal. I am pretty happy with my diet right now and everything seems to be slowly falling into place. I feel like I am actually adding muscle while slowly losing some of the fat.

As for work and working overnight, I guess I will continue to eat as I do now (every cpl hrs) since I am hungry every couple of hours and I will not worry to much about the calories adding up since I still need energy while working extended hours. Unfortunately when I work those crazy hours sleep becomes an issue for me. I can not get decent sleep during the day.

This past weekend I started work at 1pm saturday and was home at 11am sunday. I woke up sat at 630am. Sunday I layed down at close to 12pm with the intention of sleeping until 4pm. At 2pm I woke up and that was it. I was awake until 10pm.

I used to work 12 hour night shifts and days like that were unfortunately all too common. Its a very difficult thing to adjust to for many people.

Its the realities of life though… You do what you can and keep moving forward.