Diet....Let Me Know What You Think!

Well i am going on a diet…or i shouldn’t call it a diet. I am going to change my lifestyle! And i have been doing alot of research on diets as far a loosing weight and building a stronger and faster metabolism. Right now i am 5’ll 240 and my goal weight is 215 i know i can do it.

As far as my training i am doing P90X. So if you would check out my diet and tell me what you think, that would be great.

615AM- Fat burner

6:45 AM - 5 Egg Whites + 1 whole egg scrambled
1 Cup Oatmeal

10:00 AM - 1 Protein Drink
2 Rice Cakes

11:30 AM - Fat burner

12:00 AM - 6-8 Oz Boneless Skinless Chicken
1 Cup Brown Rice
1 Cup Mixed Veggies

2:00 PM - 1 Cup Oatmeal
1 Teaspoon Natural peanut butter
1 Scoop Protein Mixed in With Above

4:00 PM - 6-8 Oz Boneless Skinless Chicken
1 Cup Brown Rice
1 Cup Mixed Veggies

5:00 PM - Workout

6:30 PM - 5 Egg Whites + 1 whole egg scrambled
1 Protein Drink
1 Teaspoon Natural Peanut Butter

9:00 PM - 2 Scoops Protein

Well thats what i came up with so far tell me what you think about it. if theres anything that you think that should be tweaked let me know.

Not a fan of egg-whites whatsoever due to the mass nutritional benefit you miss with not eating the yolk.

Everything else looks fine I suppose, Uh…

Good amount of vegetables, clean protein, plenty of whole-grain sources; just two suggestions in general.

Calcium?
Possibly yogurt; however if your trying to lean out, a lot of people remain skeptical with introducing calcium products into their diet. But, if you’re trying to solely lose weight, throwing some servings in would do wonders for you.

Good Fats?
To be honest, I’d rather you drop all your carbs (excluding vegetables of course), and have a more diverse fat-intake. There is a small tear on my eye that you will be consuming 3 tablespoons of peanut butter a day! A serving of Olive Oil a day, Flax Seeds, possibly some Fish Oil if you’re willing would be outstanding for you! In terms of health and your appearance.

Good luck!

[quote]Oquendog wrote:
Not a fan of egg-whites whatsoever due to the mass nutritional benefit you miss with not eating the yolk.

Everything else looks fine I suppose, Uh…

Good amount of vegetables, clean protein, plenty of whole-grain sources; just two suggestions in general.

Calcium?
Possibly yogurt; however if your trying to lean out, a lot of people remain skeptical with introducing calcium products into their diet. But, if you’re trying to solely lose weight, throwing some servings in would do wonders for you.

Good Fats?
To be honest, I’d rather you drop all your carbs (excluding vegetables of course), and have a more diverse fat-intake. There is a small tear on my eye that you will be consuming 3 tablespoons of peanut butter a day! A serving of Olive Oil a day, Flax Seeds, possibly some Fish Oil if you’re willing would be outstanding for you! In terms of health and your appearance.

Good luck![/quote]

Oquendog first off thank you

As far as calcium i am taking a multi-vitamin i dont know if that is enought calcium but thats whay im taking.

As far as good fats what else would you recommend? could you give me some examples,show me what to cut out of the diet. Once again thanks for your input its appreciated

Sure.

[quote]10:00 AM - 1 Protein Drink
2 Rice Cakes[/quote]

Take 1 or 2 Tablespoons of Flaxseeds with this; I don’t know how many scoops of Protein Powder you’re using but, if your using less than 2 you can try 1 Tablespoon instead. Just be sure to mask the flavor a bit since your drink isn’t very diverse.

[quote]12:00 AM - 6-8 Oz Boneless Skinless Chicken
1 Cup Brown Rice
1 Cup Mixed Veggies[/quote]

Throw in a couple of Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil right here, I think it’ll make the Brown Rice go down a bit better since fresh, natural Brown Rice isn’t the most palatable thing in the world.

[quote]6:30 PM - 5 Egg Whites + 1 whole egg scrambled
1 Protein Drink
1 Teaspoon Natural Peanut Butter[/quote]

Is this your Post-Workout Shake?

Throw in a Tablespoon (or 2) of Flaxseeds, Olive Oil, or Peanut Butter right here.

I’ll reserve judgement on throwing in a cup or two of Green Tea for the time being due to the fat burner you’re taking.

That mutil-vitamin will not replace the calcium you receive from Yogurt, including the probiotics. If anything, whenever you eat a solid meal if you want to give it a shot, throw in a serving of Yogurt.

If you receive any stomach/bowel distress, halve the serving and try again the next day. If you still receive the stomach/bowel distress; discontinue.

Thanks you so much! i like this better actually i will give this a shot for tomorrow today wasnt bad it was my first day on it. Once again i want to say thanks

You have the right Idea with the diet and Im in complete agreement with Oquendog hes got the right Idea with upping your fats!

Now what id be concerned about is if this is enough diversity for you so you can stick this diet out? I hope you can but after a couple weeks youl be craving some other types of food! Im just throwing that out there so you should have a plan to weather these cravings and keep the diet in check! Some fish, turkey, maby some lean stake what about some sweet potatos or maby something else other than rice cakes!

But you may be just fine and I wish you all the best!

Now as for this P90X stuff thats sumthing you need to rethink! What you need is a good split routine or at least give “Starting Strenth” a read through!

Dave.

Dave F

hey i don’t know buddy p90x is very intense! i have been training for probley 3 years before started p90x 1 week ago. and by far p90x is the hardest workouts i have ever been threw period. No joke is very intense.