T Nation

Diet in a Box

Here’s an idea for those of you out there who like me live in a house where there is a constant flux of oreos, doritos, twix…etc. And yet no one is sympathetic to the quest of finally getting “lean”…grrr

Take all your “dry” food such as oatmeal, canned tuna, almonds and simply put it in a large cardboard box. Set the idea in your mind that whatever food you are eating on your diet may ONLY come from that box. Make a shopping list and paste it onto the lid for the duration of your diet to keep track of what you’re running low on…If you keep the box full of good stuff, the idea or presence of a seemingly large amount of food may keep you from going nuts and binging on junk.

With that said it seems this idea may be best suited for people like me who will be heading towards the extreme end of the dieting game…I came up with this idea mainly because for the past 2 years I have been unable to break underneath 20%bf (6’2" 240lbs) for one reason or another and I am just plain sick of it. My plan is to box my food, eat around 1500-2000 calories a day, workouts ala “The New H.I.T” and try to get in around 2 gallons of water a day. I plan on using HOT-ROX when the losses start slowing…If it works I’ll be at 10%bf (around 215lbs) by May.

Only problem is when you open the fridge to get some frozen chicken breasts and see the big tub of triple fudge peanut butter ice cream. Haha JK.

I had the same problem, but after a while I feel so good from eating clean that I dont even crave that other stuff.