T Nation

Diet Help

Hello to all I am making a concious effort to correct my diet and really lean out for probably the first time in my life.
Right now I am really trying to consume as much protein as possible hear is a quick look at my diet if anyone has critiques or good changes.

Every mourning start off with a shake
(2 schoops protein, 12 oz. Milk, Tbls Peanut butter, Tbls Cottage Cheese, Cup Oats, hand ful of ice cubes)
Meal 2 Salad & Pasta
Meal 3 Shake
Meal 4 (Salad or eggs, Chicken or Steak)
before bed (two scoops protein & 12oz milk)
I also have a protein shake with water post work out.

More and varied veggies, fear not the Fruit, and good fats, fish oil, fatty fish, olive oil etc.

Other than that hard to tell Oh and I am guessing there is a proterin source in that salad?? and if trying to get lean may think about dropping the pasta add in good fats, fruit etc something MUCH lower GI/II

Phill

Sorta the right idea - Check out the 7 habits article by Dr Berardi, then tweak what you’re doing a little bit.

Like Phill said, is there chicken or tuna on your salads?

And, you might want to use some of your last meal’s protein powder for earlier in the day and just eat a bunch of cottage cheese before you hit the sack.

[quote]sob440 wrote:
Hello to all I am making a concious effort to correct my diet and really lean out for probably the first time in my life.
Right now I am really trying to consume as much protein as possible hear is a quick look at my diet if anyone has critiques or good changes.

Every mourning start off with a shake
(2 schoops protein, 12 oz. Milk, Tbls Peanut butter, Tbls Cottage Cheese, Cup Oats, hand ful of ice cubes)
Meal 2 Salad & Pasta
Meal 3 Shake
Meal 4 (Salad or eggs, Chicken or Steak)
before bed (two scoops protein & 12oz milk)
I also have a protein shake with water post work out. [/quote]

Definitly Check out Dr. JB

Since you are realling looking to lean out. ditch the oats and pasta for breakfest and lunch, better use the types of carbs for for your anabolic meal (1 hour ofter workout). For your morning energy use a serving of fruit instead of the oats. And add more veggies. at least 2-3 servings with each meal.