T Nation

Diet Help

I need the input of people on here to improve my diet, originally i started i dropped from 6000cal to 5,500. now im down to 1500 and my progress has stalled, Doing cardio 7 times a week for 40 mins and im working through my 5th cycle of 5/3/1. My diet is posted below.

Breakfast
2 Eggs Fried in 1 Tbsp. Butter
2 slices Bacon
Snack
Metabolic Drive with 250mls water
1â??2 cup Cottage Cheese
Lunch
2 oz. Summer Sausage
4 Rice Cake
Snack
2 Hard Boiled Eggs
Dinner
4 oz. Ground Beef
1 Tbsp. Mustard #
Snack
1 cup Sugar Free Jello
Adds up to around 1500 cals a day if i posted the whole diet it would be a huge text wall.

Monday through Saturday are 1500 carbs a day Sundays are my carb up, i usually consume about 7k calories from mostly clean sources, rice, pasta, veggies, rice cakes and sweet potato pie.

Input would be incredibly helpfyl and thanks in advance.

I am no expert, but I think 1,500 cals may be too low; I think you are suppressing your metabolism. I would consider increasing the protein and quality fats for a few weeks and see what happens. I hope you are measuring your body-fat percentage to evaluate progress and not relying on scale weight.

Also, rice cakes have a higher glycemic index than table sugar. I don’t touch them.

So add some Flameout, Yes i am measuring BF i’m down from 25% to 17% in about 2 months. I might substitute the rice cakes for a couple extra protein shakes, that should put it up to around 2000. I’ll try 2k for a couple of weeks and see what happens.