Diet Help: P+F

I’ve been cutting on a low carb diet taking in about 30% calories less than I need to maintain.

I read up about carb reloading but does anyone know what would happen if I ate triple my fat content for a day? Would it have the same effect as a carb reload, would it do nothing to help me?

With a diet that low in calories, a refeed (or carb load) day is a good idea. By increasing your calories for one day, your body increases production of leptin and other key hormones in the fat burning proccess.

If I were you, I would not be too concerned with spesific macronutritional ratios. If anything, focus on carbohydrates. By eating carbs, you will replenish your glycogen stores (the next few days you will feel energized and have an awesome pump in the gym).

Basically, eat an excess of calories once every two weeks. You will come back feeling refreshed phsycially and psychologically.

Yea, I’ll be trying to do that soon enough.
I was asking about the “fat reload” becuase I ended up breaking diet and eating an extra 1000 cal. of healthy fats and was wondering if there would be similar effect.

P1, if you were on a low-carb diet and then ate a bunch of carbs, the body would take those carbs and refill muscle and liver glycogen.

On a low-carb diet, assuming you’ve been on it a while, your body has become accustomed to using fat as an energy source. When you do a fat load, anything it cannot use for energy, it will store.

For someone on a low-carb diet, a carb-load is a lot more beneficial than a fat-load.

Sounds like you just broke down. Blow it off and keep on trucking!!!