Diet Help for Girlfriend

Hello there. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me assist my girlfriend in losing weight. I personally have very little nutritional knowledge and do not know what to tell her as far as eating goes. She workouts out pretty hard but is frustrated because she doesn’t seem to be losing the weight she wants. So hopefully I can get some help on here and give her the help she desires.

She goes to crossfit 3-4 times a week and plays highly competitive volleyball at least 2 times a week. She is 5 10 and i’m not sure what she weighs but she is looking to lose about 10-15 lbs.
I used my fitness pal to get a general idea of what she eats on a weekly basis.

Breakfast:
Granola 1/4 cup
oikos yogurt 1 cup
raspberries 1/4 cup
peanut butter 2 tb

Lunch
Carrots 3oz
Cheese 1/4 cup
Romaine lettuce 1 cup
Sunflower kernels 1/4 cup
Skinny pop 1 cup

Dinner
it usually varies but most times its
1/4 cup rice
4-6 oz protein ground turkey or chicken.
Her macros for the day with that end up as 118g carbs 59g fat and 73g protein. Calories 1271.

If I can get any help it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

ah yes, the classic girlfriend scenario where she does so much high intensity exercise and eats so few calories that her metabolism is completely jacked up and losing weight is damn near impossible.

Need to try and convince her to eat a little more and exercise a little less while she lets her metabolism get back to normal.

So, yeah. Good luck with that…

3 Likes

Just run away. Far away.

1 Like

More protein! At least 150-170 grams.

Eggs for breakfast. Meat with lunch, just like dinner.

Protein shakes an hour or 45 minutes before workouts or games.

This is the best advice so far. I’ve learned that trying give your girlfriend nutrition advice is about as effective as herding cats

1 Like

Look, she is either your girlfriend or your client. If you are not a trainer, then be the boyfriend and get get a nutritionist that is in line with her goals.

What works for you doesn’t necessarily work for her, etc

If you are a trainer, get her a nutritionist that is in line ether goals. Sport nutrition preferred.