Diet Has Slid Since Last Comp

I know enough to know that I know nothing.

So since my last comp my diet has slid down here. Mainly that I am not eating enough and what I do eat is well, half assed.

This is a problem as I am getting married in 2 months and would like to look good for it!

I have calculated out that I am eating 3,000 cals a day but I am falling short of 300 grams of protein per day. That I know is the first thing I need to fix! I will be shooting for 320 grams of protein per day (as I weigh 200 right now).

My diet breakdown of today is as follows:
260 grams protein
80 grams fat
307 grams carbs

This splits to:
35% protein of total cals
24% fat
41% carbs

The majority of my carbs are being eaten in the morning and then peri-workout.

Fats are coming from olive oil and other healthy fats such as nuts and PowerButter.

Carbs are coming from whole grains and not the Kellogg kind :slight_smile: as well as fruit.

So is this break down ok, any suggestions on adjusting the percentages?

Thanks for any help all.

CP

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
…to know that I know nothing.

So since my last comp my diet has slid down here. Mainly that I am not eating enough and what I do eat is well, half assed.

This is a problem as I am getting married in 2 months and would like to look good for it!

I have calculated out that I am eating 3,000 cals a day but I am falling short of 300 grams of protein per day. That I know is the first thing I need to fix! I will be shooting for 320 grams of protein per day (as I weigh 200 right now).

My diet breakdown of today is as follows:
260 grams protein
80 grams fat
307 grams carbs

This splits to:
35% protein of total cals
24% fat
41% carbs

The majority of my carbs are being eaten in the morning and then peri-workout.

Fats are coming from olive oil and other healthy fats such as nuts and PowerButter.

Carbs are coming from whole grains and not the Kellogg kind :slight_smile: as well as fruit.

So is this break down ok, any suggestions on adjusting the percentages?

Thanks for any help all.

CP
[/quote]

What are you trying to do, man?

You mentioned looking good for the wedding (sorry to hear that…er, I mean CONGRATULATIONZZZ!!) but what does that entail?

Dropping some chub?

Adding some lean muscle?

[quote]NewDamage wrote:

What are you trying to do, man?

You mentioned looking good for the wedding (sorry to hear that…er, I mean CONGRATULATIONZZZ!!) but what does that entail?

Dropping some chub?

Adding some lean muscle?

[/quote]

Oops, I write a freaken thesis about my diet but I forgot to mention my goal!

I need to add some mass. I want to fill out the tux and all haha

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

I need to add some mass. I want to fill out the tux and all haha[/quote]

Hahaha yeah you damn retard, you’ve been here long enough, you should know better, n00b!

Well 2 months ain’t a whole lot of time seeing as the Physique Clinic was like 3 - but a couple of thoughts:

At first glance it looks like your Calories are too low, might wanna bump that up to 3500-4000 (you’re lean and seem to have a fast metabolism)-obviously you know your body best and if 4000 Cals/day adds fat too quickly than don’t go that high.

Other than that your food sources look fine I’d say, just get your Calories right

And I think you’ve been doing a majority of powerlifting style training so for a change of pace you may wanna adopt a more traditional bodybuilding split, it might result in some renewed progress.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:

I need to add some mass. I want to fill out the tux and all haha

Hahaha yeah you damn retard, you’ve been here long enough, you should know better, n00b!

Well 2 months ain’t a whole lot of time seeing as the Physique Clinic was like 3 - but a couple of thoughts:

At first glance it looks like your Calories are too low, might wanna bump that up to 3500-4000 (you’re lean and seem to have a fast metabolism)-obviously you know your body best and if 4000 Cals/day adds fat too quickly than don’t go that high.

Other than that your food sources look fine I’d say, just get your Calories right

And I think you’ve been doing a majority of powerlifting style training so for a change of pace you may wanna adopt a more traditional bodybuilding split, it might result in some renewed progress.[/quote]

Sorry about the noob mistake!

Funny you should say that as I have recently bumped my reps into the higher rep ranges (10-12). I am certainly sore since my body is trying to get used to this new method. Not too mention it feels like I just ran a mile after every set :slight_smile:

So I’ll up my protein to 320 grams, add more carbs pre workout (I plan on adding a 1 hour pre workout meal of carbs and protein), and I’ll take a shot of olive oil before bed with my shake.

I suspect that my over training and too low of protein has been killing my gains.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:

Sorry about the noob mistake!

Funny you should say that as I have recently bumped my reps into the higher rep ranges (10-12). I am certainly sore since my body is trying to get used to this new method. Not too mention it feels like I just ran a mile after every set :slight_smile:

So I’ll up my protein to 320 grams, add more carbs pre workout (I plan on adding a 1 hour pre workout meal of carbs and protein), and I’ll take a shot of olive oil before bed with my shake.

I suspect that my over training and too low of protein has been killing my gains.[/quote]

Cool.

The 60g of protein will give you another 240 Cals, so if you get about an equal amount of carbs and a shot of olive oil you’ll be right at about 3500-3600 Cals.

Obviously adjust upwards if that ain’t doin the trick. Good luck man, 2 months is a pretty short time but with adequate food intake and a drastic training change, you should see some nice progression anyways.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
Cool.

The 60g of protein will give you another 240 Cals, so if you get about an equal amount of carbs and a shot of olive oil you’ll be right at about 3500-3600 Cals.

Obviously adjust upwards if that ain’t doin the trick. Good luck man, 2 months is a pretty short time but with adequate food intake and a drastic training change, you should see some nice progression anyways.[/quote]

I am not expecting anything great in only 2 months. Mainly I would like to gain back the 5lbs that I cut and have not gained back (I was 205 before the meet) and then another 5lbs if possible. With that I will be totally happy and on my way to the top of a new weight class.