Diet/Greens Supp/BCAA Questions

I have several questions and would love for some input some of the veterans could give me.

1. I was hoping somebody could give me some input on my diet. When I first started working out I was only 4-5 percent body fat so I didn’t really worry about fat gain. This basiclly means I ate everything and anything in my meals as long as their was protein and carbs in them. Since then i’ve gained 50 or so pounds and i’m at 7.5-9.5% bodyfat. So what i’m basiclly trying to do is change my diet so i can get the maximum amount of muscle with the least amount of fat gain.

Stats:
age=20
Weight=165
Body fat=7.5-9.5%
Metabolism=very fast considering i’m only 20

Here’s a typical meal formation on a workout day.

Meal 1
Two slices Whole Grain Bread or two packets oatmeal
1 cup orange juice
1 serving Protein powder+8 oz milk

Meal 2
16 oz milk+1 meal replacement(main stats: 250 calories 22 g carbs 37 g protein 2.5 g fat)
2 fish oil capsules
1 tablespoon flax seed oil/olive oil

Post-workout
1 Serving Surge

Meal 3 (post-workout meal)
1 serving chicken (about 25 g protein worth)
2 servings rice/pasta
1 serving tuna or 2 serving cottage cheese
1 serving vegetables/fruits

Meal 4
16 oz milk+1 meal replacement(main stats: 250 calories 22 g carbs 37 g protein 2.5 g fat)
2 fish oil capsules

Meal 5
1 serving lean meat (25 g’s worth)
2 serving rice/pasta
1 serving salmon or 2 serving cottage cheese or a second serving of lean meat
1 serving vegetables/fruits

Meal 6
1 serving fruits/vegetables
2 fish oil capsules
16 oz milk with one-two scoops of protein powder

Estimated calories=4100, estimated protein=300 g estimated carbs=300-400 g
estimated fat=150-200 (based on my knowledge of what’s in all these foods this should be pretty close)

The two meal replacements aren’t really an option, since I work afternoons at a restaraunt job(no way to eat during 5 hour shift), and I have class before and RIGHT after so no way to eat a full meal. I was thinking since I’ve been drinking Whole Milk that I should change it to Skim Milk to lower carbs in my protein/fat meals? Also, i’m thinking the meal replacements have too much carbs which are probably from sugar, should I just make a meal replacement out of milk and protein powder instead?

1. I’ve been looking for a greens supplement, I picked some up at GNC and was curiuos if this is good quality?
    Serving Size 1 Tablets
    Servings Per Container 180
    Amount Per Serving % DV
    Chlorella Green Algae Powder 75.00 mg **
    Spirulina Blue-Green Algae Powder 50.00 mg **
    Wheat Grass Powder (Triticum aestivum) 25.00 mg **
    Barley Grass Powder (Hordeum vulgare) 25.00 mg **
    Alfalfa Powder (Medicago sativa) 50.00 mg **
    Bee Pollen Powder 50.00 mg **
    Odorless Garlic Powder (Allium sativum) 30.00 mg **

2. I don’t have a lot of money to spend so I wanted to know whether I should invest in an Amino Acid Chain such as BCAA? I usually conserve my money to buy protein powder and Surge+fat oils, but would it be worth it for me to bust my ass a little extra to get some money for BCAA or another supplement?

Thanks for your time and sorry for all the questions =( Hopefully I can be the one answering the questions in the future.

With your fast metabolism, I would definitely use the BCAA’s from Biotest. They will help you gain muscle provided nutrition and proper training and rest are covered.

I would go with Greens Plus when you’re done with the GNC stuff. You can do a search on them and see they have a good rep in these parts. I use one scoop in my morning protein shake daily and make an effort to eat a lot of vegetables and fruits as well.

D

I don’t think you need BCAA’s, save you money for FOOD, protein powder, fish oil, and GREENS+ is a good idea.
If your getting alot of calories and protein you really would not need BCAA’s. For you to see any extra results taking the BCAA’s you would need to take a ton 40-50 a day. Takeing that much will really make the wallet a lot lighter.

GOOD LUCK

You meal plan looks great. I would keep my high glycemic carbs closer to my workout to spike insulin response for say PWO and in the AM upon waking ( Breakfast). My veg carbs are spread through the last 4 meals of my day included with the majority of my fats.

70% or greater of my fat intake is spread in my late meals for my body to use as energy, since it is looking for carb energy to store as fat and you want to keep fat storage to a minimum.

The metabolism of monunsaturated and saturated fats are closely related to higher serum testosterone levels. Consuming these later in the day ensures they are available to use by your body when it is in the hormonal production state.

Consuming fats early in the day closer to your workout will blunt insulin response (which you dont want) and provide fat energy when you are already providing carb energy which you dont want. Keep fats early in the day to a minimum, fish oils, flax seed, udo’s oil in the last few meals of the day.