Diet for My Overweight Sister.

Hi to everyone, first of all i wanna say that T-Nation has help me a lot when it comes to getting strong so i thank you all. This time, however, im not looking for anything dealing with bodybuilding im actually looking for diet tips for my sister.

Let me give you some insight on my sis she got pregnant like 3 years ago and like most woman during this prenetal perioid she gained a lot of extra weight. She had a baby 2 years ago and didn’t really pay attention to her body for those 2 years so now she wants to loose weight.

I gave her some tips that i learned from this site and hopefully they will work, anyway i just wanna check you guys or even better with “you girls” that have gone through the same experince if the advice that i gave her is accurate.

She normally just eats once and a day and never exercises, so what i told her was to eat small meals 4 times per day with breakfast being the biggest and leaving the fats for nighttime and do light physical activity for 3 daysa week.

I never told her to drastically decreased the total calories she consumes in a day or to bust her ass exercising everyday bcuz i think the there will be too much xtra skin that wont be reduced as fast as the fat loss.

So shell end up looking like a anorexic blob. Please help me out here I would really appreciate all the tips and so will my sis. Thank you all.

the advice you gave her is good, make sure to let her know to avoid carbs late at night. Tell her about complex carbs, simple carbs, and glycemic index.

Also tell her what kind of foods to eat, ie. oatmeal every morning.

Just keeping her diet clean, and adding in some lifting will drop the weight.

Make sure that she also begins drinking a healthy amount of water, I know my family doesn’t.

[quote]the_overman wrote:
the advice you gave her is good, make sure to let her know to avoid carbs late at night. Tell her about complex carbs, simple carbs, and glycemic index.

Also tell her what kind of foods to eat, ie. oatmeal every morning.[/quote]

I know what complex and simple carbs are but not glycemic and i relly dont know what should tell her about that other than don’t eat them at night. You got me there.

[quote]RebornTN wrote:

Make sure that she also begins drinking a healthy amount of water, I know my family doesn’t.[/quote]

So its true that if fat is lost too rapidly the extra skin will be hanging all over like a hellish blob?! Shes good with the water intake but i’ll reminder. I’ll make sure that i take her height and weight later on so i can give a a close approximation of her need caloric intake. Your help is highly apreciated, thanks =)

[quote]Damner wrote:
RebornTN wrote:

Make sure that she also begins drinking a healthy amount of water, I know my family doesn’t.

So its true that if fat is lost too rapidly the extra skin will be hanging all over like a hellish blob?! Shes good with the water intake but i’ll reminder. I’ll make sure that i take her height and weight later on so i can give a a close approximation of her need caloric intake. Your help is highly apreciated, thanks =)[/quote]

She might have skin hanging; the longer she is lean, the more it will tighten up. It may never tighten up all the way.

Is she hot?

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Is she hot?[/quote]
rofl

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
Is she hot?[/quote]

LOL — so inappropriate.