Diet Disaster!

I am sure that others have experienced this before and there is no question per se’. Just more of a rant. Been doing really well with the dieting for months now (4-5 months). Have been eating pretty clean and still gaining. It is a bitch to gain while eating clean BTW!

The last 2 weeks have been awful. Just can’t seem to find the dedication that I have had when it comes to the diet. Still do ok during the week but the weekends are a train wreck. Wonder what happens in the mind that causes this?

Anyway, this morning was whole eggs, oatmeal with lots of syrup, then spaghetti for lunch, cookies, and then more cookies. Made a shake in the blender and found myself adding all kinds of shit to it. It was good, not good for me, but yummy good. Fuddruckers for dinner with soda and 2 more cookies.

Anyone else have spells like this where they just lose track? For how long? Just curious…

That sucks.

I don’t buy crappy foods, so there is less temptation.

[quote]Mateus wrote:
I am sure that others have experienced this before and there is no question per se’. Just more of a rant. Been doing really well with the dieting for months now (4-5 months). Have been eating pretty clean and still gaining. It is a bitch to gain while eating clean BTW!

The last 2 weeks have been awful. Just can’t seem to find the dedication that I have had when it comes to the diet. Still do ok during the week but the weekends are a train wreck. Wonder what happens in the mind that causes this?

Anyway, this morning was whole eggs, oatmeal with lots of syrup, then spaghetti for lunch, cookies, and then more cookies. Made a shake in the blender and found myself adding all kinds of shit to it. It was good, not good for me, but yummy good. Fuddruckers for dinner with soda and 2 more cookies.

Anyone else have spells like this where they just lose track? For how long? Just curious… [/quote]

Ya, I have definitely had spells where I thought it wouldn’t be that bad to just eat a little more crap, but they usually only last a day or 2. When I begin to feel like crap from the food I ate, I’ll usually stop.

This is why you have scheduled cheat days haha, so you don’t just completely get off track. Everyone will eventually break down if they go months without a cheat.

I don’t know if you have a scheduled cheat day, but I would have at least 1 meal a week of just whatever you feel like having.

I know I didn’t really answer your question, but this is all I got :slight_smile:

I just got back on track after 2 or so months of being off track. Getting in two meals of day that consisted of ice cream and pizza all the while never touching a weight.

Yep…I’ve had this too. You just sort of go off track for a few days.

One thing I find is that if you buy a new tub of protein or a fresh bottle of HOT-ROX or the like then you renew your enthusiasm.

[quote]elusive wrote:
I just got back on track after 2 or so months of being off track. Getting in two meals of day that consisted of ice cream and pizza all the while never touching a weight. [/quote]

Its funny that you don’t even realize you are that far fucked until about a month in and then its a complete mind fuck and motivation killer, then one day its complete focus and back on track.

its funny how bodybuilder and people who stick with their diets 100% junk food binge hardcore.

I don’t fall out too often these days mainly because i allow more carbs in my diet- if I fell I am getting off track I allow myself pasta and brown bread which really helps.

the Trick I used to get out of a slump is gutting carbs in the last 2 meals of the day - even if I eat pizza burgers and chips for lunch - you will find in 2-3 weeks you will be back on track.

I have that happen to me, but it is usually a couple of days at a time. Every once in a while it will last for a couple of weeks. You really just have to renew your drive when you think you’re ready. For me, it’s when I end up getting pissed off at myself for the lack of discipline. That being said, I usually don’t eat much total junk food, like cookies, sodas, ice cream, etc, because I really don’t have a taste for them anymore. I prefer foods that will fill you up, and are delicious, like pizza, hamburgers, etc.

If you’re cutting, seriously, for months, then you really need to schedule some sort of break for both mental and physical sanity reasons. I’d say at least a week or so. Diet fatigue can be very real.

Although I really want to investigate this ‘ice cream and pizza’ diet!

I definitely go through spells like that, exactly as you described. I’m not sure how to fix it for myself, but I like the suggestions here.

I take a 2 week diet break per Lyle Mcdonald’s flexible dieting book.

1-2x5 and 1x8-12 per muscle group/compound lift, 2 upper 2 lower or 3 full body & eat clean meals when hungry, cardio on off days. Normalizes hormones and brings strength back, then back to the trenches.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
This is why you have scheduled cheat days haha, so you don’t just completely get off track. [/quote]

Amen brother.

When you schedule a cheat you have control of it, rather then letting it all go to shit.