Diet Critique

I’am going to be bulking for around 1 year. Right now I’am 170 and I hope to be up to 190. Tell me what you think

Meal 1- Large bowl bran cereal with 2 cups skim milk,banana

Meal 2- 40g whey protein mixed with skim milk

Meal 3- Chicken or turkey ,apple,cucumber, 1 multi vitamin

Meal 4- Can tuna,salad

Meal 5- Salmon or chicken or beef,veggie plate,3 salmon oil capsules

Meal 6- 20g whey mixed with 2% milk, 1/2 cup cottage chesse, mixed nuts,3 salmon oil caps

Post workout- 40 g whey,
gatorade mix

1 1/2 hours after pwo- 4 slices toast with jam ,1 cup skim milk,small chicken sub.

Pre workout- Fruit bar,20 g whey,4 or 5 sesame snack things.

Looks good. Throw in more complex carbohydrates like oatmeal and whole grain bread.If you’re seeing no results with your nutrition plan,after a couple weeks or so,up your calories.[quote]tmay11 wrote:
I’am going to be bulking for around 1 year. Right now I’am 170 and I hope to be up to 190. Tell me what you think

Meal 1- Large bowl bran cereal with 2 cups skim milk,banana

Meal 2- 40g whey protein mixed with skim milk

Meal 3- Chicken or turkey ,apple,cucumber, 1 multi vitamin

Meal 4- Can tuna,salad

Meal 6- 20g whey mixed with 2% milk, 1/2 cup cottage chesse, mixed nuts,3 salmon oil caps

Post workout- 40 g whey,
gatorade mix

1 1/2 hours after pwo- 4 slices toast with jam ,1 cup skim milk,small chicken sub.

[/quote]

You could definititely use more fats…try to add in some nuts later in the day…also add things like avacado or olives to your salad. Even fattier meats like steak are good too.

Yeah.Steak is great when bulking.Ground beef is good too.I ususally make a taco salad with the ground beef.

First off–who bulks for a 1 year cycle?

Second wrt the plan–try and do a better job with your pre/post/and post-post nutrition.

Remember if you want to get big, you need to eat big. Follow Berardi’s massive eating guideline you will need around 4000 calories a day but i guarantee you if you are eating 4000 cal a day you wont be bulking for long, maybe a few months deffinately not a year.

Have a look at this i have added a few things, but you need a lot more calories;

Meal 1- Large bowl bran cereal with 2 cups skim milk,banana ((use oatmeal add some almonds and add a few egg whites))

Meal 2- 40g whey protein mixed with skim milk (( you need add some whole foods or you will be hungry doesnt matter what it is, maybe a apple and some almonds or any nuts))

Meal 3- Chicken or turkey ,apple,cucumber, 1 multi vitamin (( add some whole grain bread or any very grainy bread, i use to hate brown bread with a passion, now when i eat white bread it tastes like cardboard to me…anyway bread has good carbs and protein))

Meal 4- Can tuna,salad ((more brown bread agian))

Meal 6- 20g whey mixed with 2% milk, 1/2 cup cottage chesse, mixed nuts,3 salmon oil caps (( try get some calcium calseinate or just casein powder))

Post workout- 40 g whey,
gatorade mix

As i said earlier you need a lot more calories.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Heres Dr John Berardi’s diet he used to get big, give you some ideas:

here’s the diet I generated:
8 AM, Breakfast: 6 whole eggs, 4 slices of whole grain bread, and 4 packets of instant oatmeal.
12 PM, Lunch: 1 pound extra lean ground beef, 1 cup cauliflower, and 2 large baked potatoes.
4 PM, Evening Meal: 1 pound of extra lean ground beef, 1 cup broccoli, and 2 large baked potatoes.
8 PM, Post-workout: half pound of pasta (weighed before cooking), 1 cup green beans, and half pound extra lean ground chicken.
Before bed: 6 whole eggs, 4 slices of whole grain bread.
Also, upon waking each morning I’d mix up a one gallon jug of water and somewhere between five and ten scoops of protein. In addition, I’d open a bag of six cinnamon raisin bagels and put peanut butter on each one. The protein drink and the bagels were to be consumed all day long when an actual meal wasn’t being eaten. The motto was: “If I’m not chewing, I’m not growing.” As soon as I’d finish each meal, I’d start right away with my protein shake and bagels and continue on them until the next meal. No lie.
Gluttony? You bet! Did I grow? You bet! On this plan I went from 165 pounds at 8% fat to 210 pounds at 12% fat in about six months. Hurray for newbie gains! That’s 34 total pounds of lean mass or about six pounds of lean mass per month.

Cheers SMT.

EAT BIG, SLEEP BIG, LIFT BIG and results will come.

[quote]sasquatch wrote:
First off–who bulks for a 1 year cycle?

Second wrt the plan–try and do a better job with your pre/post/and post-post nutrition.

[/quote]

Agreed why such a short time only 1 year. Unless you plan on reraching your size goals after just one year I would extend that to a MUCH longer time.

I agree on the pre w/o nutrition advaice as well and the above fats comment.

Good luck keep us informed,
Phill