I’ve been lifting for a few years and this winter I really want to bare down and get serious with lifting and nutrition.
Back ground info
Weight: 175 lbs
Body fat 13-16%
Decent lifts (1RM): Squat: 300lb, Dead 400lb, Bench 270lb
started lifting about 4 years ago at 137 lbs and i ate a lot of meat/eggs ect and recently was flagged by my doctor that my cholesterol was double what it should be for my age and i need to focus on bringing it down, i chose the natural route and tried to stay away from drugs.
My goals for the fall are to cut about 10 pounds of fat before i begin a clean bulk for the winter and i have questions regarding cutting and bulking with anyone with experience with high levels of cholesterol
- Egg whites / Veggies
- 1 Cup of mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts and pumpkin seeds) and 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/2 Cup of beans or 6oz chicken with veggies or potato
- 1 Cup of Mixed nuts and 1/2 protein shake (until i get my cholesterol free protein )
- Fish or chicken with rice and veggies
- 1 whole wheat slice of bread with natural peanut butter and honey + 1/2 shake of slow digesting protein
you think this will work. any suggestions, trying to keep cholesterol mg’s at 100-150 max
And bulking, i’m going to eat the same with a lot more calories, Any idea what i should aim for calorie wise cutting/ bulking?
Thanks for any suggestions