Diet/Bulk Nutrition For HIgh Cholesterol

Hello All,

I’ve been lifting for a few years and this winter I really want to bare down and get serious with lifting and nutrition.

Back ground info

Height: 5’6
Weight: 175 lbs
Body fat 13-16%

Decent lifts (1RM): Squat: 300lb, Dead 400lb, Bench 270lb

started lifting about 4 years ago at 137 lbs and i ate a lot of meat/eggs ect and recently was flagged by my doctor that my cholesterol was double what it should be for my age and i need to focus on bringing it down, i chose the natural route and tried to stay away from drugs.

My goals for the fall are to cut about 10 pounds of fat before i begin a clean bulk for the winter and i have questions regarding cutting and bulking with anyone with experience with high levels of cholesterol

Cutting Ideas:

• Egg whites / Veggies
  • 1 Cup of mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts and pumpkin seeds) and 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
  • 1/2 Cup of beans or 6oz chicken with veggies or potato
  • 1 Cup of Mixed nuts and 1/2 protein shake (until i get my cholesterol free protein )
  • Fish or chicken with rice and veggies
  • 1 whole wheat slice of bread with natural peanut butter and honey + 1/2 shake of slow digesting protein

you think this will work. any suggestions, trying to keep cholesterol mg’s at 100-150 max

And bulking, i’m going to eat the same with a lot more calories, Any idea what i should aim for calorie wise cutting/ bulking?

Thanks for any suggestions

I’d add in some sugar free metamucil… can help with the cholesterol #s and since you aren’t eating much grains (which necessarily a bad thing) you’ll be hard pressed to hit a high amount of fiber without supplementing in some form.