Diet and Training Help

well im new henceforth making a post here so ill get straight to the point. i am almost 19, male, 6 feet tall, around 200 lbs, with a pretty big build. i havent really had… proper exercise and eaten healthy in a lot of years.

Considering that im “luckily” still quite healthy, strong, fast, etc… in a way this makes me feel that anything that i could inherit from my parents and stuff is good enough.

now basically i want 3-4 things. i dont care if i look big or i look good or hawt or whatever. i want to lose fat, or turn it straight into muscle, and i want to do it as fast as possible.

i read a bunch of posts in the site so far, but to remember them its quite hard for me right now, mostly cause english isnt my first language and second cause i dont know lots of words related to the exercising and the foods. im not a giver up or anything, what im asking for is just this more or less:

a sample of a diet, like one for 7 days or more if its best that way with many examples of actually food like e.g.

breakfast = couple toasts, a glass of milk OR cereal OR etc etc…
i’d also like to know about how to exercise at least a few examples to get me going.

so please if there is another post that has lots of examples, or if someone can post a few that would be great. just remember that i want to do this strictly, and as fast as possible.

my main goal is being strong, fast, high stamina, and i guess most importantly to be able to defend myself and others around me. i know this will probably need me to find a gym and/or a defensive arts place , but for now what can i do alone?

I’m going to Munich on a business trip in two weeks. I have to learn German immediately. Any recommendations?

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:
well im new henceforth making a post here so ill get straight to the point. i am almost 19, male, 6 feet tall, around 200 lbs, with a pretty big build. i havent really had… proper exercise and eaten healthy in a lot of years.

Considering that im “luckily” still quite healthy, strong, fast, etc… in a way this makes me feel that anything that i could inherit from my parents and stuff is good enough.

now basically i want 3-4 things. i dont care if i look big or i look good or hawt or whatever. i want to lose fat, or turn it straight into muscle, and i want to do it as fast as possible.[/quote]
Whatever you do, remember that things will most like take alot of time, at least 6+ months for anything noteworthy and a few years for fundamental changes. I don’t want to discourage you, just know what lies ahead :slight_smile:

Fat and muscle are two different kinds of tissue, it’s physically impossible to ‘turn fat into muscle’ (although you can build muscle and lose fat simultaneously)

Also, the way the human body works, it’s pretty hard to achieve different goals at the same time (“you can’t dance on two parties at once”). For example, gaining muscle mass implies a caloric surplus, while losing body fat requires a caloric deficit.

It it possible to do both at the same time, but barring ‘beginner gains’ during your first 6-12 month or so, it’s very slow and inefficient compared to a bulking (=controlled overeating) followed by a cutting phase. If you even want to gain cardiovascular endurance at the same time, it becomes nearly impossible.

[quote]i read a bunch of posts in the site so far, but to remember them its quite hard for me right now, mostly cause english isnt my first language and second cause i dont know lots of words related to the exercising and the foods. im not a giver up or anything, what im asking for is just this more or less:

a sample of a diet, like one for 7 days or more if its best that way with many examples of actually food like e.g.

breakfast = couple toasts, a glass of milk OR cereal OR etc etc…
i’d also like to know about how to exercise at least a few examples to get me going.

so please if there is another post that has lots of examples, or if someone can post a few that would be great. just remember that i want to do this strictly, and as fast as possible.

my main goal is being strong, fast, high stamina, and i guess most importantly to be able to defend myself and others around me. i know this will probably need me to find a gym and/or a defensive arts place , but for now what can i do alone?[/quote]

Good place to start :
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=640350

If you have any more specific questions, be sure to ask :slight_smile:

Successful training in a nutshell :

Eat right :
-small meals every ~3 hours
-protein with each meal (try to get ~1g protein per lbs of bodyweight)
-start with a big breakfast

Train right :
-around 25-50 repetitions per muscle group
-rest around 90-180 seconds between sets
-do big compound movements that use many muscle groups at once (Deadlift, Squat, Bench, Chins/Row) rather than isolation movements

Get enough rest (~8 hours sleep per night)

Stop immediately if you feel pain in your joints/tendons/ligaments

well i went and signed up for a gym so thats taken care of

first question i got… muscle groups

when you say make 50 repetitions for each muscle group… should i for example make 50 to lift weight upwards… then uhm say forward and backwards 50 times more?

or just 50 with only 1 exercise for the muscle group and another 50 for a different exercise for the same group the next day?

as for discouragement and all that i know, im just saying that i want the best ideas you have

[quote]lordstorm88 wrote:
well i went and signed up for a gym so thats taken care of

first question i got… muscle groups

when you say make 50 repetitions for each muscle group… should i for example make 50 to lift weight upwards… then uhm say forward and backwards 50 times more?

or just 50 with only 1 exercise for the muscle group and another 50 for a different exercise for the same group the next day?

as for discouragement and all that i know, im just saying that i want the best ideas you have[/quote]

Hes talking total reps from 25 - 50 copuld be one exercise. like 5 x 10 = 50

or 4 x 8 = 32 still in there

or say 3 x 8 on one 2 x 10 on another = 44 etc etc…

Ideas no matter how uber cool they sound are just that an in the end mean diddly. you have to put a plan any plan even a crappy one to WORK to see any results and adjust from there

Go get em bro

Phill

well today i went for the 3rd time to the gym. and there is already a difference :wink:

as far as statistics the only ones i got is from the treadmill. all 3 days i used it for 25 minutes. first day avg speed was 6,2 km/h, 2nd 7,3 3rd 8,1

thing is i sometimes feel uhmmm dizzy/nauseous… i think it has to do with not eating enough but im not sure… or maybe when i have been under a lot of pressure… well anyway

another thing i want to ask is… since the gym does build up your muscles thats all good… but do you get higher reflexes… higher speed? (well except for running of course) if not then do i have to join some self defense class or what?

Sure lifting can help you jump higher be faster etc It wont changes your reflexes thats will be a more specific training Sure if you have an interest and desire for self defense weights wont teach you that a class for it will

Phill