Diet and Supplement Suggestions!

Hi,

I recently was on the Anabolic Diet for a month, but I had to get off of it because my schedule doesn’t really allow for it right now.

I am looking to get on a diet to help me lose body fat that is a little easier to manage. I don’t really care about losing weight, I am more concerned about losing body fat and retaining muscle (5’8" 195lbs 15% bf).

After doing research, these are some things I am going to try to incorporate:

1. Low-carb (not as extreme as AD, but low carb seems to help the best with losing bf)
  2. No carbs at night
  3. Also, not afraid of dietary fat due to the AD

I’m also going to use the following supplements:

1. HOT-ROX
  2. Flameout
  3. Low-Carb Metabolic Drive
  4. BCAA (when they are back in stock)

In no specific order, I am considering having the following throughout the day:

1. tuna w/ mayo
  2. 3 servings of 2 HOT-ROX or 2 servings of 3
  3. 2 or 3 servings of Metabolic Drive
  4. chicken/steak with salad or vegetables or on a wrap
  5. 2 or 3 hardboiled eggs
  6. oatmeal
  7. fruit
  8. Almonds throughout day

Now, I need help specifying my diet and timing of meals.
I am also planning on taking BCAAs before and after my workout in the evening. I am also planning on doing fasted cardio in the morning and need to know whether or not to have a little protein or BCAA’s before and after.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

So I did some more research and have come up with the following schedule for a diet. Please comment and let me know how I can fix it for the better.

Wake Up:
Glass of water and 3 pills of HOT-ROX and BCAA

AM Cardio (should I have some protein prior to this to prevent catabolism?)

Breakfast: Oatmeal (~30g of carbs) and 1 scoop of Metabolic Drive w/ water + 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil (should i add it) Also, BCAA and Flameout

Snack: can of tuna w/ mayo

Lunch: Either salad w/ grilled chicken and eggs or meat and veggies. Flameout

snack: fruit and scoop of MD w/ water

PreWO: BCAA and HOT-ROX

Dinner/PWO: BCAA and scoop of Metabolic Drive w/ water

Questions:

I am not sure how much Flameout and BCAAs I should take. Also, should I have something more from dinner even though it would be around 10pm and I don’t want to affect fat loss by eating late or will Metabolic Drive be enough.

Plus, should I have something else both Pre and Post work out? Does this look like enough protein to prevent catabolism? Have protein before AM cardio? Thanks!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

To me it looks as if you’re undereating.

Pick some numbers to hit and eat that amount each day. To get you started, maybe shoot for :
1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweigt
.5-.75 grams of fat per pound
50-100 grams carbs per day (ingested post workout and breakfast)

Divide that among 4-6 meals per day.

Use your BCAAs in between your meals to ward off catabolism and peri-workout.

HOT-ROX supplementation looks good.

Whatever you decide to do, try to be consistent for two weeks, assess your results, and make any adjustments you need if you’re not losing fast enough or losing too fast (loss of strength.) None of this is really written in stone, so its gonna take some tweaking to hit your sweet spot in terms of the amounts you need to eat.

[quote]NewDamage wrote:
To me it looks as if you’re undereating.

Pick some numbers to hit and eat that amount each day. To get you started, maybe shoot for :
1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweigt
.5-.75 grams of fat per pound
50-100 grams carbs per day (ingested post workout and breakfast)

Divide that among 4-6 meals per day.

Use your BCAAs in between your meals to ward off catabolism and peri-workout.

HOT-ROX supplementation looks good.

Whatever you decide to do, try to be consistent for two weeks, assess your results, and make any adjustments you need if you’re not losing fast enough or losing too fast (loss of strength.) None of this is really written in stone, so its gonna take some tweaking to hit your sweet spot in terms of the amounts you need to eat.

[/quote]

Thanks for the info.

I was thinking the same things you said. I felt like I wasn’t eating enough, but I don’t know what to eat and when. Also, I’m not sure when and how much Flameout and BCAAs I should take. I was also thinking of taking Surge PWO, is that a good idea?

NewDamage what does your diet look like, just so I have a reference point?

You want Surge post-workout instead of Metabolic Drive. Surge is designed to spike insulin to drive nutrients into the muscles at the time when they are most receptive to them.

Post-workout is the most anabolic time, so it is a shame not to take advantage of that with a large solid meal. For evening workouts, I take Surge, then 45-60 minutes later, have a large meal. This would be the best time to have carbs as well. I’d rather have the oatmeal PWO than in the morning.

You can’t go wrong taking Flameout and BCAA’s as directed on the label.

[quote]andersons wrote:
You want Surge post-workout instead of Metabolic Drive. Surge is designed to spike insulin to drive nutrients into the muscles at the time when they are most receptive to them.

Post-workout is the most anabolic time, so it is a shame not to take advantage of that with a large solid meal. For evening workouts, I take Surge, then 45-60 minutes later, have a large meal. This would be the best time to have carbs as well. I’d rather have the oatmeal PWO than in the morning.

You can’t go wrong taking Flameout and BCAA’s as directed on the label.

[/quote]

I actually just ordered Chocolate Surge to take Post-workout. I usually get out of the gym at 10 and head to bed by 12 or 1. I have no problem taking Surge after, but what should I eat when I get home? Should I even take a MD shake before bed or just eat regular food? (maybe hard boiled eggs or PB)

I reworked my nutrition and this is what I came up with. Please criticize and suggest any necessary fixes. I am 5’8", 22, 195lbs, and 15% bf. I am trying to cut for 3 weeks.

Supps:
Metabolic Drive �?? 2 servings of 2 scoops(80g protein)
HOT-ROX �?? 2 servings of 3
Surge �?? 2 scoops Post-Workout (33g protein)
Flameout �?? 2 servings of 3 (6g)
BCAA �?? 3 servings of 3 between meals and 4, 10, 4 pre, during, post work out

Food Intake Goals:
Calories: ~2000
Protein: 200g �?? 800kcal
Fat: 100g �?? 900kcal
Carbs: 80g �?? 320kcal

Diet:
Meal 1 �?? Oatmeal (33g carbs) and Metabolic Drive shake (7am)
Meal 2 �?? Tuna w/ mayo (10am)
Meal 3 �?? Protein w/ veggies or salad (1pm)
Meal 4 �?? beef jerky and almonds (4pm)
Meal 5 �?? Metabolic Drive shake (7pm �?? pre workout)
PWO �?? Surge (10pm)
Meal 6 �?? Cottage Cheese and Natural PB (11pm)

I need some help with this because I’m going to be starting this diet tomorrow.
I’ll be doing the following:

Wake up: Take HOT-ROX and BCAA

Do AM Cardio

Breakfast: Oatmeal and 2 scoops of MD

Take BCAA and Fish Oil

Snack: 2 cans of tuna and 1 tablespoon of Mayo

Lunch: Protein (Chicken or Steak) w/ Veggies

Take BCAA and Fish Oil

Snack: Almonds and Beef Jerky

Pre-Workout: 2 scoops of MD and BCAA and HOT-ROX

During Workout: BCAA

Post Workout: Surge

Dinner/Pre Bed: Cottage Cheese and Peanut Butter and BCAA

I am not sure about my dosing of fish oil and BCAA. Also, does this diet look good for cutting.

[quote]thoughts1053 wrote:
I need some help with this because I’m going to be starting this diet tomorrow.
I’ll be doing the following:

Wake up: Take HOT-ROX and BCAA

Do AM Cardio

Breakfast: Oatmeal and 2 scoops of MD

Take BCAA and Fish Oil
[/quote]
I’d drop the BCAAs here, keeping the fish oil with breakfast. I would do BCAAs in between Breakfast and your first snack.

[quote]
Snack: 2 cans of tuna and 1 tablespoon of Mayo[/quote]

I might add in some more fish oil here and a green veggie if you can.

[quote]

Lunch: Protein (Chicken or Steak) w/ Veggies

Take BCAA and Fish Oil[/quote] Again, I’d drop the BCAAs here and instead do them in between lunch and the next snack. Also, is there a fat source with this meal, other than what comes from the meat? If not, you may want to add some oil of some sort, fish oil or olive oil or something.[quote]

Snack: Almonds and Beef Jerky

Pre-Workout: 2 scoops of Metabolic Drive and BCAA and HOT-ROX[/quote]

I’m not sure how far in advance this is pre-workout, but 2 scoops of MD might be a little heavy on your stomach if taken too close to your workout. I would do either a half scoop of MD, or maybe a half scoop of whey, to get 10-15 grams of protein. Depends on you though. I can’t have too much on my stomach when I go in to train. [quote]

During Workout: BCAA

Post Workout: Surge

Dinner/Pre Bed: Cottage Cheese and Peanut Butter and BCAA

I am not sure about my dosing of fish oil and BCAA. Also, does this diet look good for cutting.[/quote]

Overall not bad, as long as you’re hitting your macronutrient totals. Run it for a couple weeks and make adjustments if you need to.

never been a fan of oatmeal.

[quote]THE_CLAMP_DOWN wrote:
never been a fan of oatmeal.[/quote]

I really don’t mind it. I use the instant oatmeal kind. Its much easier and faster than anything else in the morning.