T Nation

Diet And Supplement Plan

basketball is ended in a week or two, and i want to get huge once the season ends to be able to play college basketball. how is this diet and supplement schedule? i will be starting Waterbury's "Bodybuilding's next frontier" as soon as the season ends.

Breakfast (9:30):
6 eggs, 3 slices whole of grain bread, apple, multivitamin, 5 grams of BCAA powder, 2 fish oil softgels

Homemade Weight gainer (10 am- I will drink this on the way to school):
2 cups of 2% milk
1 scoop of Whey Protein
4 strawberries
1 banana

522.5 calories, 70g carbs, 41.5g protein

Lunch (11:30 am):
chicken breast, 2 baked potatoes, salad, low fat yogurt, 1 fish oil softgel

Early-Afternoon Snack (1:30):
1 serving of Prima Force Nitro Charge, 2 slices of whole wheat bread

Pre-Workout Meal (3:00 pm):
2 scoops of Whey Protein in 16 ounces of milk, steak, 2 baked potatoes

(3:45 pm):
5 grams of CEE, 1 serving of Prima Force Nitrocharge, 1 fish oil softgel, 5 grams of BCAA powder

(During Workout):
10 grams of BCAA powder

Immediately Post-Workout (around 5 pm):
5 grams of BCAA powder, 2 scoops of Whey Protein in 16 ounces of water, with dextrose, 5 grams of CEE

Dinner (5:30 pm):
turkey, pasta, salad, cantaloupe

Late Afternoon Snack (7:30 pm):
large bowl of a wholewheat breakfast cereal

Bedtime Snack (9:30 pm):
2 scoops of CytoSport Muscle Milk in 12 ounces of skimmilk, 1 softgel of fish oil, 5 grams of BCAA powder

Taking approx 0.44g per kg of bodyweight in BCAA's during training was recc'd by Mauro Di Pasquale for increasing GH and Insulin and a load of other benefits. So a 200lb guy would take about 40-41g. There is something pertaining to this on an audio file by Charles Poliquin on this site, I can't find it though, dunno if anyone else knows where it it.

I have tried this, the cost is inhibitive, but you seem to be using lots of this stuff anyway. I did get some good benefits on a lower intake of about 30g during workouts, I just used if when training back, which I wanted to improve at the time more than other body parts. It appears to work well.

Are you sure he wasn't talking about just protein, not BCAA's? Thats kind of a lot of BCAA's and I've heard the exact same number(.44g/kg bodyweight) for protein periworkout.

Evidently they used the same equation, but no it was using BCAA's, Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine. I found the audio files in a post by Dr. Lonnie Lowery.

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=audio2

There are two files, can't remember which one its in.

maybe ill try and take the amount of bcaas he remembered... anyways what do you think about the rest of the diet?