T Nation

Diet and Routine Advice for Newbie

Started working out a few weeks ago just at home. Im 64kgs and 175cms tall. Atm im doing a complete body workout 3 days a week consisting of:

6 push ups (4 secs down, 4secs hold, 4 secs up)
10 squats (5 secs down, 5secs hold, 5secs up)
4chin ups (4secs hold,4secs up, 4 secs hold, 4 secs down)

This is supersetted with 2 sets (going to add a 3 set soon and have been increasing reps and secs as i can)

Currently the only consistent thing in my diet is breakfast which is a smoothie of:
1 cup oats
1 cup milk
.5 tsp nutmeg
.5tsp cinnimon
2 Tablespoons peanut butter
2 tablespoons greek yogurt
2 eggs
1 tablespoon honey

Everything else varies depending on availability but i do have a hard time eating heaps as im never that hungry

Just wondering where i can improve and stuff? (Have no money for supplements, weights or gym membership)

You can improve everything.

1. Buy 'Never Gymless' by Ross Enamait. It is not expensive and will tell you a lot about training without weights.
  2. If you want to look bigger, you need to get stronger. Try to get to 20 pull ups and learn handstand push ups and pistol squats. I'd rather see you in the weight room if size is what you're after but I guess that won't happen-
  3. If you want to gain weight, you need to eat more. This means eating more than you want to and eating even if you are not hungry. You need more of everything - protein, carbs, fats. Don't focus on only one of these.
  4. Your routine is something I could do every morning just to wake up. You need to do more (cp. 1&2).

How old are you? If you're still in high school, join the football team. Free gym just like that.

Also, start eating like you mean it. Meat, carbs, fruits and vegetables.

Ahem...
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/bodyweight_workout_routine

What is your current goal?

You'd be much better served using exercise variations (changing grip, hand placement, stance, one-arm, one-leg, etc.) instead of playing with the tempo like that.

You have to basically train yourself to eat. There's an adaptation period, but you'll get used to it pretty quickly if you make it a habit. 3 meals a day, 7 days a week. Make that your goal for the next 8 weeks.

LOL at that gif and seeing his old thread