Diet and Fat Loss.

I am currently looking to lose some fat. I have been working out on and off for several years, but recently I have been more off then on. I am currently 6"0, approx, 215lbs,

My current diet:

Meal:
Shake
(1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup O.J, 1/2 cup frozen fruit, 1/2 cup fiber cereal, 1 Tbsp Peanut butter, 1 tbsp protein, 1 Tbsp Flax seed).

Snack:
1/2 cup baby carrots.
1 Apple.

Meal:
2 slices WW Bread.
3 slices Lean Deli Meat.
Couple slices tomato.
1/2 cup Grapes.

Snack:
3/4 cup Oatmeal.
3/4 cup raisins.

Meal:
1 piece chicken.
1/2 cup brocolli.
1/2 cup ww pasta.
1 plum, (or any piece of fruit).

Snack:
1/2 cup Bran Flakes.
1 Banana.

Meal:
Usually another shake, same as above.

This is just a sample of what I usually eat. I know it is probably missing a lot of protein here and there, but being a person who has been on and off of high protein, I usually find it really hurts my stomach and causes a lot of gas eating a lot of protein.

anyway, let me know what you think.

Thanks.

[quote]paul_b wrote:
I am currently looking to lose some fat. I have been working out on and off for several years, but recently I have been more off then on. I am currently 6"0, approx, 215lbs,

My current diet:

Meal:
Shake
(1 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup O.J, 1/2 cup frozen fruit, 1/2 cup fiber cereal, 1 Tbsp Peanut butter, 1 tbsp protein, 1 Tbsp Flax seed).
[/quote]

1 tbslspoon protein ?? bro make it a scoop maybe drop the OJ for the protein

needs protein

more protein and if really needing wanting to drop fast id consider dropping the bread for veggies you have a lack of them and you need good fats.

protein, fats man your very carb heavy for trying to drop fat and way low on protein and fats

MORE!!! Chicken drop the pasta and more veggies put some olive oil on it

Protein fats maybe veggies, nuts, protein, etc

fats fiber and protein.

[/quote]

This is just a sample of what I usually eat. I know it is probably missing a lot of protein here and there, but being a person who has been on and off of high protein, I usually find it really hurts my stomach and causes a lot of gas eating a lot of protein.

anyway, let me know what you think.

Thanks.[/quote]

Low on protein WAY high on carbs and lacking veggies, and VERY hugely lacking fats. etc

Check out The seven habits article by John Berardi a great place to start just start and try and nail those basics for now make them habit. See where that takes you Then think about going further if needed

Phill

Thanks again Phil…

Diet is always the hardest thing for me because I can never get the right amount of what I need. I just try and eat clean and hopefully that works out.

I can never get the Carbs right, I know some diets call for like 100g carbs, but after my first morning shake, they are almost all used up.

I really appreciate the help though…

thanks.

So this is what I take for supplements, thought maybe see what you think…

Protein
Creatine
Multivitamin
Vitamin-C
glucosamine
flax seed (have in shake, powder).

What kind of fat should I be taking in? A fish oil?

Ok one more…

Any diet you would suggest that is on the site here?

thanks!

[quote]paul_b wrote:
Thanks again Phil…

Diet is always the hardest thing for me because I can never get the right amount of what I need. I just try and eat clean and hopefully that works out.

I can never get the Carbs right, I know some diets call for like 100g carbs, but after my first morning shake, they are almost all used up.

I really appreciate the help though…

thanks.[/quote]

Im fairly new to all this myself(lifted off/on about 5 years ago)… getting serous now tho. but…

Get a scale and keep a log. What, size, when, etc…

A scale & log helped me so much when I started doing that about 3+ months ago. If you can, also plan out what you are doing to eat days in advance.

It might sound like a lot of work, but its really not once you get the hang of it. I usally cook up 15 lbs of chicken every few days, 4-5lbs of flank steak, some salmon every 3-4 days. And a bunch of brown rice, some sweet potatos and other stuff to toss in to a bunch of containers.

I grab 2-3 containers and goto work everyday, works great.

The article phil said, 7-habits, is awsome. As are a bunch of the others. I suggest reading as many as you can.

For fish oil, I rotate Flameout from Biotest and a local grocery stores that seems to have good quality sups.

Cheers

J

[quote]paul_b wrote:
Ok one more…

Any diet you would suggest that is on the site here?

thanks![/quote]

T-Dawg 2.0

Phill