Diet and DHT Production

As of late I've been eating a lot of olive oil in lieu of carbs, and I have to say I've gotten a lot leaner. I eat about 100ml of olive oil a day. My concern is, however, that this may not be all that good for me. After all doesn't olive oil increase testosterone levels? And doesn't this automatically mean that DHT levels are increased as well? I certainly wouldn't like to have higher DHT levels, for obviuos (hair) reasons. So have any of you ever noticed any androgenic side effects from a higher fat intake?

LOL.

OK olive oil is a great source of healthy fats but I just have to know where you get that it has a direct link to raised T-levels and then DHT.

Just for comic Value look at italians. They live on olives and olive oil and they are some hairly MOFO’s and MOFETS in many cases.

LOL…

I would keep you olive oils and healthy fats in your diet. They are as well as all other macros required in proper amounts for optimal hormone production. I mean eating fat is NOT going to be like supplementinmg with AAS or anything. You are not going to go over what your body can naturally produce.

If you are losing hair chalk it up to being naturally prone to and if desired take the measures to stop it.

Hope that helps,
Phill

If olive oil increases T levels, it won’t do so anywhere near the level required to see a sigficant change to DHT.

[quote]PeteK wrote:
As of late I’ve been eating a lot of olive oil in lieu of carbs, and I have to say I’ve gotten a lot leaner. I eat about 100ml of olive oil a day. My concern is, however, that this may not be all that good for me. After all doesn’t olive oil increase testosterone levels? And doesn’t this automatically mean that DHT levels are increased as well? I certainly wouldn’t like to have higher DHT levels, for obviuos (hair) reasons. So have any of you ever noticed any androgenic side effects from a higher fat intake?[/quote]

so you’re terrified of having a high testosterone level (also known as being a man)…and you’re posting this stupid shit on an internet site called Testosterone-Nation Bodybuilding’s Think Tank…

awesome!