Diet Advice

Hello all, First i would like to say this forum is awesome and thanks for having me here… I have added alot of knowledge to my brain just from browsing for these past 2 weeks, on top of all the knowledge I have already.
Im 22y/o, 6’5" at 255.5lbs.
Chest Press Flat: 325lbs 4x4
Squats : 365 6x4
Around 18-20% bf mainly in the gut (Sucks)
Just some brief strength info

So i got 24hr fitness to build me a cutting meal plan about a year and half ago becuase i used to work there according to they’re bodygem testing for the RMR. Well my RMR was 2,240 calories at a resting stage. They built this meal plan for that due to my extreme pickyness (sorry my taste buds are really bad); it was 3 day low calorie 1 day high calorie. I can not eat tuna, or cottage cheese. On the diet I took Pyruvate and multivitamins…Please keep that in mind…

3day low cal

4 Pyruvate upon wakeup

Meal 1: 7:00am
6 eggs whites
1 cup of fruit salad lite
1 piece of whole-wheat bread

Meal 2 : 10:30am
1 Orange
1 Protein Bar (Average 15-20g protein)
1 Multivitamin

Meal 3: 12:30pm
3oz Grilled Chicken Breast
2pc Whole-Wheat Bread
1 large apple (Red)

Meal 4: 2:30pm

Meal 5: 5:30pm
(1/2 of the burrito)
4oz. Deli Turkey
1 whole wheat tortilla
2oz. Swizz Cheese
1 Banana

Meal 6: 7:00pm
1 Cup of Carrots (No Butter/No Salt)
1/2 cup of Mashed Potatos

1day High Calorie

4 Pyruvate upon wakeup

Meal 1: 7:00am
1 Waffle w/ 1tsp of Sugar Free Syrup
4 Egg Whites
1 Piece of Canadian Bacon

Meal 2: 10:30am
2 Medium Pears
1 Multivitamin

Meal 3: 12:00pm
4oz Deli Turkey
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
2oz Fat Free American Cheese
1 Large Apple
1 Cup of Fat Free Yogart

Meal 4: 2:30pm
1 Large Apple

Meal 5: 5:00pm
3oz Deli Ham
2 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread
1oz of Baked Lays Sour Cream & Onion Chips
1 Large Apple

Meal 6: 7:30pm
1 Flour Tortilla
2 Pinches of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 cup of brown rice

Ok now the catch…Ive been bulking for the last 2 months, and want to get back on this diet for 2 months and then the last month try something a little more extreme where i can really lose the bodyfat for this big trip im going on July 4th weekend. With the proper cardio i lost 33lbs in 4 1/2 weeks the first time i did this diet a year ago and got down to almost 10% bf. I dont care too much about weight but really just size is whats going to matter.

Now on the new meal plan for cutting, this is where i need yall’s help please. Im very serious about this. Ive read the article on FFA’s and was also wondering when and how much i should take with this new cutting diet? What i want is to be getting enough protein for the cutting stage to not lose much LBM, without all the really bad fats. Can someone add/change out the foods for an extreme cutting diet. I can take pills, money is not an option. I am on the mass stack from bsn. No Xplode/ Cell mass/ Nitrix. If someone would like a b4 and after pic of me from the BSN stack i will be glad to post. Although very pricey, it works great with me!, but you have to follow it correctly 100%. I just basically need help with times, and amounts of stuff. Also i will be working out from 4:30pm until 7:30pm. So schedule my protein shakes and (BSN stuff if possible) please…It would be very much appreciated!!
If someone wants to answer my questions indirectly for specific questions i have also, im willing to talk through aim or yahoo messenger as well…

Like i said before VERY GOOD site…I hope to get all my answers here instead of other sites that just want to be rude and give me the run around.

I don’t have much time right now, so I just skimmed the post. It looks like you have a pretty solid base as far as food choices. I would recommend not taking pyruvate: it doesn’t do anything. If you want more information about why, I will explain further later on. Basically, adding Kreb’s Cycle substrates does nothing to enhance the oxidative capacity.

Can you explain later about what you ment like tonight later or sometime this weekend later? sorry for the bug but sort of in a hurry for some advice to start next monday for dieting…
Anymore help is greatly appreciated!

Here’s a layout of what happens to pyruvate in the body.

http://webclu.bio.wzw.tum.de/genre/proj/uwe25/images/pw_pyruvate.gif

A much simpler version…

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/bookres.fcgi/stryer/ch16f10.gif

In a nutshell, pyruvate has four fates. It can be converted back into glucose via gluconeogenesis, it can be converted into lactic acid and stored until reconverted into pyruvate and then oxidized, or it can be converted into acetyl-CoA (a krebs cycle intermediate). It can also be converted into ethanol via fermentation, but that is not of any significant concern. These reactions are catalyzed by specific enzymes and are two-way (reversible) reactions, meaning that if you add more of a specific substrate it will not just speed up the forward reaction, but also the reverse of other reactions.

It basically comes down to using the pyruvate as energy. By supplementing with pyruvate you will at most be getting a small amount of extra calories. You’d be better off eating an apple.

I’ve heard and briefly skimmed some articles about pyruvate having other benefits, but I couldn’t tell you. As far as assisting in the oxidative capacity of the body or energy production, it’s crap.

So knowing all this (Thanks for the great info, my nutritionist is an idiot obviously) what would yall recommend since now this man is fired!..any recommenations would be good…All help here please, i start cutting on monday!

Please read post b4 giving random ideas for dietary help

Thanks again James for the pyruvate info!