Diet Advice to Get Into Shape?

hey guys, I’m 18 and weigh 231 pounds…I have natural muscle but tbh I’m obviously not in shape. I have realised that I need to CHANGE. so I have started to eat healthy and I’m gunna join a gym asap.

this is my rough diet (since changing to healthy)

BREAKFAST:

50g- 80g of oatmeal rolled oats. with water (+ some blueberries)

snack:

water

protein (ham/chicken)
apple

LUNCH:

protein (ham/chicken/turkey/pork)
salad (tomato, lettuce, pepper,)
2/3 eggs

Snack:

fruit

DINNER:

protein (ham/chicken/turkey/pork)
salad (tomato, lettuce, pepper,)
2/3 eggs

SO…this is roughly how I eat now. I’ll try and eat every few hours so 7 ish meals a day (if u can call them meals) and I will try to have protein at each meal.

IS this diet good , will it be good for getting me into shape?

Please guys, Ive started down the road of recovery and if I get there it will make me so much more happy about myself. Any help ATALL will be very greatly appreciated.

have a good day people.

N-spark x

bump

I have a feeling your meat protein contains lots of lunch meat.

Eat some real vegetables (broccoli).

Find a way to walk 30-45 minutes daily and add three resistance workouts per week.

Pork is not a great source of protein, not as much protein per oz as in other meats and tends to be fattier.

I know a lot of people like oatmeal, I don’t. If you’re not very active, you don’t really need the carbs. For now, I would get all your carbs from vegetable sources… maybe a little fruit. Potatos, rice, tomatos, corn, wheat and the like are not vegetables. I mean dark, leafy green stuff… try kale, spinach, broccoli, asparagus, exe.

It’s hard to overdue it with water. Start drinking lots of it. It will help.

Don’t forget the good fats: avocado, fish (oil), olive oil, (raw) nuts.

thank buddy. Anyone else got any good advice?
appreciate the input btw

This will get you started. Follow the 7 habits first, then worry about the details.

Add more protein to your breakfast. Like 6 whole eggs + some more protein in the form of shakes.

Here is what has been working for me, been trying to get my body fat percentage down.

Breakfast
4 oz chicken
4 egg whites
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup milk

Snack
2 tbsp peanut butter
1 scoop whey protein in water

Lunch
6-8 oz Chicken
2 serving green veggies (broccoli or spinach is what i use

Snack
1 Tuna pack
2 Servings spinach

pre-workout
1 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup berries
1 scoop whey protein in water

post workout
8 oz fish (talapia, salmon, tuna)
2 serving broccoli

snack
2 tbsp peanut butter

thats been working for me, you also want to get another scoop of whey protein post workout as soon as possible. on your off days or days you just have cardio your pre workout meal should be switched to 4 oz chicken and 1 serving veggies. you may want to buy a fat burner, i use one mainly for energy and appetite control, and take a fiber supplement with your protein shakes or with 2 of your meals.