T Nation

Diego Sanchez

I hope this kid beats Joe Riggs on UFC fight night Wednesday, so he can next take on GSP and get his CHI scrambled.

Oh man, I hope Riggs beats him so bad. He’s such an IDIOT.

I respect his talent, but he acts too much like the know-it-all in school that seems to look down on everyone. He’ll whup Joe Riggs, and then…lose to GSP by decapitation.

[quote]StevenF wrote:
Oh man, I hope Riggs beats him so bad. He’s such an IDIOT. [/quote]

Word. Every time he thanks Jesus Christ for his victories and then talks about his destiny, it makes me wanna vomit!

I have disliked Diego since the moment I first saw him in UFC.

EDIT

I meant to say I have disliked him since I first saw him on TUF. Too many acronyms.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I respect his talent, but he acts too much like the know-it-all in school that seems to look down on everyone. He’ll whup Joe Riggs, and then…lose to GSP by decapitation.[/quote]

Agreed.

[quote]Jason32 wrote:
StevenF wrote:

Word. Every time he thanks Jesus Christ for his victories and then talks about his destiny, it makes me wanna vomit![/quote]

I don’t have a problem with people talking about Jesus and what not, but he just sounds so dumb everytime he speaks.

[quote]Jason32 wrote:

StevenF wrote:
Word. Every time he thanks Jesus Christ for his victories and then talks about his destiny, it makes me wanna vomit!

Rainjack wrote:
I have disliked Diego since the moment I first saw him in UFC.
[/quote]

Agreed, all around. Good fighter, but he comes across as a complete moron. They really need to ditch any attempts at showcasing his personality.

Diego Sanchez is the only person, who I don’t know, who I am close to hating. It actually disturbs me that some moron on the teevee can incite such strong feelings in me. I haven’t been paying much attention to the UFC lately but a Sanchez/GSP fight would be amazing.

it seems like the the ground and pound can only take you so far fighters are learning to defend against it exp… huges vs gsp moson vs the big tall gangly bastard etc…the sport has evolved beyond that.just my opinion

i just wasted 20 minutes of my life that will never return what dribble.
cant wait to see him get knocked out, it will crush him I can picture it.

[quote]Jason32 wrote:
StevenF wrote:

Word. Every time he thanks Jesus Christ for his victories and then talks about his destiny, it makes me wanna vomit![/quote]

I guess fighters who train their asses off and step into a ring to risk most certain injury and possibly death [I know…I know…] are idiots and morons for thanking their creator makes real sense.

But all in all I’ve disliked Sanchez since TUF and he keeps coming up with these victories, gets on my damned nerves. Riggs hasn’t been too effective lately so I hope he’s got it in him to smash Sanchez at the very least.

[quote]uv_deth wrote:
Jason32 wrote:
StevenF wrote:

I guess fighters who train their asses off and step into a ring to risk most certain injury and possibly death [I know…I know…] are idiots and morons for thanking their creator makes real sense.

But all in all I’ve disliked Sanchez since TUF and he keeps coming up with these victories, gets on my damned nerves. Riggs hasn’t been too effective lately so I hope he’s got it in him to smash Sanchez at the very least.[/quote]

The problem I have with athletes thanking God or Jesus or whomever, is that if there is a supreme being, do you really think that he would take sides or even give a fuck for that matter, about the outcome of an athletic competition?

everyone’s got their peculiarities, and diego is no different. but they never struck me as a reason to dislike the guy.

he’s obviously talented and always seems incredibly confident and focused which are all pretty normal and respectable traits in an athlete.

i always try to watch his fights and hope to see him win again on wednesday. should he get a chance to meet up with gsp - that would be quite a match.

but if you’re looking to hate on someone, let’s talk tim sylvia…

He is not thanking Jesus Christ, (who likely does not follow UFC), rather he is thanking his brother, Jesus Sanchez.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
He is not thanking Jesus Christ, (who likely does not follow UFC), rather he is thanking his brother, Jesus Sanchez.[/quote]

Ooops, my bad!

Diego knocked out Riggs and it was fucking awesome. It was pretty awesome that riggs hit him the same time diego did, they both connected but riggs was knocked down and Diego capitalized on that. Awesome fight. I have to say though that Karo Parisyan fight was really good also.

I kinda like him.

[quote]alocubano1110 wrote:
Diego knocked out Riggs and it was fucking awesome. [/quote]

The best part was Riggs showing off his ‘Good Night’ mouthpiece just moments before the fight. Poor Joe didn’t know how prophetic his mouthpiece would be.

I haven’t like Mr. Sanchez since TUF. He has really proven himself as a good fighter but his personality just rubs me wrong in many ways.
Just a minute while I draw some energy from the lightening and rain. Oh wait that is Diego that does that.