Died Too Soon?

James Dean

Hey, Zen…

In this day of Photoshopping, digital enhancement and Lord knows what else, it may NOT be him, but a “likeness”!

Thinking of people is sort of hard; but there are a number of examples throughout history.

Here is another early pic!

Mufasa

PGA:

GREAT pics!

I think that the pics of Soldiers and Marines “Coming Home” and of Jon Benet could stand as representative pics of all Wars and all abused and exploited children who leave this World without reaching the Fullness of their Potential.

Outstanding…!

Mufasa

[quote]PabloJuarez wrote:
dre wrote:
Musicians

Stevie Ray Vaughn
Buddy Holly
The Big Bopper
Kurt Cobain (like him or not)
Ritchie Valens
2Pac
Notorious B.I.G.

Agreed on all.
Also
Hendrix
Steve Prefontaine
Selena[/quote]

Arguably, when Pre died, US middle distance running died.

I’m adding Walter Payton to the list. After reading his book , “Never Die Easy”, it was clear he would have accomplished much more as a man than he had as the greatest FOOTBALL player of all-time.

This may be a morbid opinion, but in some cases, dying young, early into their stardom, and tragic is the best career move some people could have made. I am not going to get in a pissing match by mentioning names, as at least 1 relatively recent one and 1 old one has been mentioned. When it is said, “they died too young, just at the beginning of a blossoming career” or “imagine what they could have done had they lived longer…” I can’t help but think of the disclaimer on investment commercials, past performance is not indicative of future results. I still wonder, don’t get me wrong, what coulda been

JFK and “John-John”…

JFK’s Life (and its potential) is SO full of “what if’s” that it makes the head spin.

The “Butterfly Effect” theorist LOVE to contemplate those “what if’s”, especially as it relates to Vietnam and the turbulence of the Sixties.

JFK, Jr (“John-John”) has created almost as many “what-if’s” with his untimely Death as well as the death of his uncle Robert Kennedy.

Mufasa

James Dean

Ernie Davis, Syracuse University, Heisman Trophy winner-1961. He was the first black man to win the Heisman Trophy. Here’s his story for anyone who is interested.

DB

Selena

jp:

You are NOT off in your opinion…

Think of the Stars still living who “crashed and burned” later in their careers (many of the “Child Stars” come to mind).

If one of them had died at the height of their popularity, they most likely would have had a Bio full of “what if’s…”

So its true…living is no guarantee of future stardom or success…

Mufasa

TheSicillian…

NICE!!!

LOL!

Mufasa

Len Bias

If he didn’t die, the Celtics could’ve easily won a couple more championships during the Bird era.

SRV most deinitely.

How about:
Buddy Holly
Richie Valenz
John Lennon
John Bonham (Led Zeppelin drummer)
Buddy Rich (great big band dummer)
Elvis…
Michael Hutchins

Darent Williams (Denver Broncos)

Of course, Anna Nicole Smith. (Partially kidding about that one.)