Did We Really Land on the Moon?

I used to think that the mere question was stupid.

But, I was curious and just watched this documentary
http://bestdocumentaries.blogspot.com/2007/04/did-we-really-land-men-on-moon.html

Makes some good points. Not saying I believe it, but still makes you think.

During a time when our gov’t likely assassinated it’s own president, something like this doesn’t seem too far fetched considering the era.

thoughts?

They left certain panels on the moon that we still use today to get certain data. If they weren’t there, we couldn’t get much of that data otherwise.

I used to think the moon landing was faked. Then I saw the episode of Mythbusters that addressed this. Now I believe. I believe everything I see on Mythbusters.

They did land on the moon.

Did ya know that the computers they used when they launched the Apollo 18 (and I mean EVERY computer in the building) had a combined processing power that was just over that of a modern electronic watch?

Kari from Mythbusters.

http://images.main.uab.edu/mediarelations/siteadmin/releaseimages/limited/big/lecture_mythbusters_kari_1.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:

Did ya know that the computers they used when they launched the Apollo 18 (and I mean EVERY computer in the building) had a combined processing power that was just over that of a modern electronic watch?[/quote]

How is that possible, unless you have a watch that doubles as a graphing calculator.

[quote]LiftSmart wrote:
Sick Rick wrote:

Did ya know that the computers they used when they launched the Apollo 18 (and I mean EVERY computer in the building) had a combined processing power that was just over that of a modern electronic watch?

How is that possible, unless you have a watch that doubles as a graphing calculator.[/quote]

Computers back then were largely typewriters with a screen. Your PS3 or X-Box would literally cause a rocket scientist from back then to go into convulsions.

[quote]Vash wrote:
Kari from Mythbusters.

http://images.main.uab.edu/mediarelations/siteadmin/releaseimages/limited/big/lecture_mythbusters_kari_1.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.[/quote]

Awesome.

Simultaneous balloon, school girl, and wolverine fetishes.

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:

Did ya know that the computers they used when they launched the Apollo 18 (and I mean EVERY computer in the building) had a combined processing power that was just over that of a modern electronic watch?[/quote]

were you being sarcastic with your 1st statement, or was that a typo?

[quote]Mick28 wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:

During a time when our gov’t likely assassinated it’s own president,

thoughts?

Tell me you don’t believe that horse shit…Come on tell me.[/quote]

I wasn’t alive then, nor have I read much about it. But, considering how he was sleeping around with MM, during a time when our country would have handled a situation like that differently than the Clinton thing, it’s not an impossibility IMO.

just saying :wink:

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:

More amazingly, they were making calculations, real time (ie during mission), with freaking slide rules. Those folks were amazing engineers.

I heard the Holocaust was fake too. And the Earth is flat. We came from monkeys. Hot Rocks and Coke will kill you. etc…

[quote]Bujo wrote:
I heard the Holocaust was fake too. And the Earth is flat. We came from monkeys. Hot Rocks and Coke will kill you. etc…[/quote]

Pop rocks and Coke.

Spending a little too much time on T-Nation? HOT-ROX and Coke?

I like moon pies.

Not really… They are too “marshmallow-y” for my taste. I only like marshmallows on my fluffernutters. Now that shit is good. I remember that cadbury used to make marshmallow and peanut butter eggs. Those were fucking awesome, but they were like a diabetic coma wrapped in foil. Like 70 grams of sugar.

They were really good though.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I believe everything I see on Mythbusters.[/quote]

They ought to just show episodes of Mythbusters in every high school science class.

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
Bujo wrote:
I heard the Holocaust was fake too. And the Earth is flat. We came from monkeys. Hot Rocks and Coke will kill you. etc…

Pop rocks and Coke.

Spending a little too much time on T-Nation? HOT-ROX and Coke?[/quote]

I dunno. HOT-ROX followed by a few lines might give your heart a run for its money.

Don’t underestimate.

[quote]Stuntman Mike wrote:
Bujo wrote:

Pop rocks and Coke.

Spending a little too much time on T-Nation? HOT-ROX and Coke?[/quote]

You got me