Did They Poll the PWI Forum?

Terribly run study. I honestly don’t believe that on the whole the reelection or loss of office of Obama will hinge on any significant prejudice among the population. Trolls be trolling-18% think he’s Jewish? I suppose that would help his image regarding Israeli relations if it were true…

Interestingly, it is worth noting that studies have suggested that even the most open minded of us hold some subconscious stereotypes/prejudice in regards to race (first link as an example in regards to violence). It is also worth noting that most of us correct for these unconscious thoughts and do not allow them to influence our behavior in any significant way (second link). This is frankly IRRELEVANT to the election and this study, but I figured I would just put it in here for anyone who was curious. Again, let me reiterate before any flaming commences that I do not believe anywhere near the majority of Americans demonstrate prejudicial attitudes and that any suggestion that this election will be won/lost on prejudice holds little if any water in my eyes.

http://magazine.uchicago.edu/0778/investigations/shooters_choice.shtml

I haven’t been polled… Wait, that’s a good thing. Better stay out of prison.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
My gosh smh wants us to prove a lack of racism. (Shaking head)

The absolute worst type of liberal.[/quote]

I know this was a few days ago, but had to bring it up:

what the hell are you talking about?

I said: “but I wouldn’t be all that surprised if about close to half of whites harbor some racist attitudes toward blacks, given the ingrained believes of lots of older folks.”

I don’t want you to prove shit. I just said I wouldn’t be surprised. And I really wouldn’t. The oldest half of my family–and of most families I’ve come to know well–is pretty prejudiced, usually against blacks, Jews, and/or the Japanese. It would’t surprise me if this were a common phenomenon. In fact it would surprise me if it weren’t.

Understand?

Edit: by the way, Zeb, if you try really hard, I bet you can go back through this very short thread and figure out that it was you and not me who brought Obama up. What I said was an offhand generalization, not some secret liberal plot to blame racists for his possible loss on Tuesday. I don’t make paranoid talk-radio accusations like that, though I know you’re very used to hearing them.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
This is from the “Nation” LOL.

They have to start beating the racist drum card because Obama is in a tight race.

Democratic strategist #1 “Hey I know what we can do”

Dem Strategist #2 “What’s that?”

#1 “Time to gin up the white guilt by accusing people of being racist…that should get Obama a few more votes”

#2 “Excellent! I’ll make some phone calls…it’ll work like magic.”[/quote]

“LOL”

Really? You think you’re being funny?

It will work, and that’s pretty fucking sad.