T Nation

Did the Olympics Get More Time Than

I just do’t understand why the president has spent more time trying to get the Olympics to Chicago than he has discussing what he’s going to do in Afghanistan. When Gen. McChrystal got out the to him in Copenhagen the two of them only spent 25 minutes together. Considering that he spent a couple of hours flying to give an nine minute speech http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r84lkFwXenc for a worldwide sporting event that only lasts for like… 2 weeks, I think he could have given the General a little more time. Just my opinion…

Get over it, he went to Denmark for 1 day to lobby for the Olympics. 1 friggin day.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Get over it, he went to Denmark for 1 day to lobby for the Olympics. 1 friggin day.[/quote]

He has only given General McChrystal 1 day since June. On top of that the last time he did talk to him he told Barry he needed more troops in order to win. Barry blew him off. Maybe this doesn’t impact you as much as it does me but I went to a memorial service for 3 dead soldiers on Friday morning. Maybe if Barry had given Gen. McChrystal his audience sooner and we had the addition troops over there they wouldn’t be dead. Once again, just my opinion…

Should he have lobbied for the Olympics via Twitter?

How would you have wanted him to do it if one day was just too much. I am sorry for your loss, but the guy can’t be everywhere at once. I disagree with some of his policies, but having the Olympics would have helped our economy, and I cannot fault him for trying to get it here.

Why do you think the Olympics in Chicago would have helped the economy? All it does is create more government-financed jobs followed by 20 years of debt.

So if he hadn’t gone, and keep in mind that the leader of every other finalist nation was present, then you would be able to blame it on him for not going and pulling for his own country. More proof that he’s really from Kenya after all, right?

Some day they’ll invent satellite communications and a president will be able to talk to his generals. Maybe they could put something on the president’s plane so that they could have discussions while he’s airborne even. But for now actual face time is the only thing that counts, I guess.

So anyway Jawawa, what’s up next on Beck’s bitch list?

[quote]jawara wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Get over it, he went to Denmark for 1 day to lobby for the Olympics. 1 friggin day.

He has only given General McChrystal 1 day since June. On top of that the last time he did talk to him he told Barry he needed more troops in order to win. Barry blew him off. Maybe this doesn’t impact you as much as it does me but I went to a memorial service for 3 dead soldiers on Friday morning. Maybe if Barry had given Gen. McChrystal his audience sooner and we had the addition troops over there they wouldn’t be dead. Once again, just my opinion… [/quote]

WTF? So let me get this straight: McChrystal needs constant supervision and input from his boss? Or did Obama pick him because he trusts him to get the job done?

And you’re pissed because Obama didn’t teleport more troops into Afghanistan the day after McCrystal asked for them? Do Petraeus and Gates have any input here, or is it all McChrystal?

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Should he have lobbied for the Olympics via Twitter?

[/quote]

Lobbying for the Olympics isn’t my problem. Spending more time lobbying for the Olympics than time spent on figuring out what to do in order to when a war is my problem. Obama hasn’t even spoken to his General since JUNE.

[quote]tme wrote:
And you’re pissed because Obama didn’t teleport more troops into Afghanistan the day after McCrystal asked for them? Do Petraeus and Gates have any input here, or is it all McChrystal?

[/quote]

Well, Petraeus endorses troop build up. It’s pretty much get out, or go all in. Keeping the same troop level, or even reducing it, is no different than the disaster of pre-surge Iraq. I thought we realized that too few troops for an occupation was bad news?

Time to make up our friggen minds here folks. Win, or walk away. If walk away, do it now. Otherwise, troops are dying today only for us to find out a week, a month, or one year later, that we’re not really interested in making Afghanistan ‘work’ in the first palce.

[quote]jawara wrote:
MaximusB wrote:
Should he have lobbied for the Olympics via Twitter?

Lobbying for the Olympics isn’t my problem. Spending more time lobbying for the Olympics than time spent on figuring out what to do in order to when a war is my problem. Obama hasn’t even spoken to his General since JUNE. [/quote]

I have no idea why this needed explaining. Did people really think you were criticizing the amount of time spent lobbying for the Olympics? However, Jimmy Carter can’t disagree with you, so you’ve got that going for you.

[quote]tme wrote:
So if he hadn’t gone, and keep in mind that the leader of every other finalist nation was present, then you would be able to blame it on him for not going and pulling for his own country. More proof that he’s really from Kenya after all, right?

Some day they’ll invent satellite communications and a president will be able to talk to his generals. Maybe they could put something on the president’s plane so that they could have discussions while he’s airborne even. But for now actual face time is the only thing that counts, I guess.

So anyway Jawawa, what’s up next on Beck’s bitch list?
[/quote]
Barry could have used some sorta of satcom’s to talk to Gen. McChrystal but he hasn’t in 70 days. http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5344961n&tag=contentBody;housing

The Olympics was just another Chicago thing for his cronies to get rich with. I personally don’t giver a crap about the Olympics and don’t see why we need to spend money on something that was here just three years ago.

The issue is during the Presidential campaign Obama talked a lot of shit about how Bush was handling the WOT being too distracted by Iraq and not doing enough for Afghanistan. Obama repeatedly said that he would be “focused like a laser” on Afghanistan.

Now that he is president however Obama couldn’t care less about Afghanistan. Instead he is focsed like a laser on being a celebrity. He made time to go on Letterman before he mad time to meet with his general running the war in Afghanistan.

This is typical of the democrats. When it comes to the military, they are disinterested.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
The issue is during the Presidential campaign Obama talked a lot of shit about how Bush was handling the WOT being too distracted by Iraq and not doing enough for Afghanistan. Obama repeatedly said that he would be “focused like a laser” on Afghanistan.

Now that he is president however Obama couldn’t care less about Afghanistan. Instead he is focsed like a laser on being a celebrity. He made time to go on Letterman before he mad time to meet with his general running the war in Afghanistan.

This is typical of the democrats. When it comes to the military, they are disinterested.[/quote]

Yep.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
Get over it, he went to Denmark for 1 day to lobby for the Olympics. 1 friggin day.[/quote]

And it cost 1.2 million bucks for fucking nothing.

[quote]tme wrote:
So if he hadn’t gone, and keep in mind that the leader of every other finalist nation was present, then you would be able to blame it on him for not going and pulling for his own country. More proof that he’s really from Kenya after all, right?

Some day they’ll invent satellite communications and a president will be able to talk to his generals. Maybe they could put something on the president’s plane so that they could have discussions while he’s airborne even. But for now actual face time is the only thing that counts, I guess.

So anyway Jawawa, what’s up next on Beck’s bitch list?
[/quote]

Keep in mind nobody gives a fuck about the Olympics in Chicago except the Chicago elite. The trip was a waste of time. He spent more time with the Olympic committee, then he did with McChrystal. So much for laser focus.
My guess is he won’t send another boot their even if it meant losing Afghanistan…Yes, I think he’s that dumb.

If he really wanted the olympics in Chicago, he should have sent them so 80 year old scotch, cigars, and high priced hookers. It would have been a lock. I am pretty sure those high priced hookers give better head than he does.

[quote]Sifu wrote:
The issue is during the Presidential campaign Obama talked a lot of shit about how Bush was handling the WOT being too distracted by Iraq and not doing enough for Afghanistan. Obama repeatedly said that he would be “focused like a laser” on Afghanistan.

Now that he is president however Obama couldn’t care less about Afghanistan. Instead he is focsed like a laser on being a celebrity. He made time to go on Letterman before he mad time to meet with his general running the war in Afghanistan.

This is typical of the democrats. When it comes to the military, they are disinterested.[/quote]

And if it gets fucked up, he’ll just blame the previous administration. Such has been his MO. If it’s broke it’s because he got a shit deal from Bush. Zero accountability is what we are dealing with here.

And apparently the 25 minutes with McChrystal was not something planned so as to finally get some one-on-one work done regarding the war, but was to chew him out for giving a speech with content that Obama did not appreciate:

“According to sources close to the administration, Gen McChrystal shocked and angered presidential advisers with the bluntness of a speech given in London last week. The next day he was summoned to an awkward 25-minute face-to-face meeting on board Air Force One on the tarmac in Copenhagen, where the president had arrived to tout Chicago’s unsuccessful Olympic bid.”

[quote]Bill Roberts wrote:
And apparently the 25 minutes with McChrystal was not something planned so as to finally get some one-on-one work done regarding the war, but was to chew him out for giving a speech with content that Obama did not appreciate:

“According to sources close to the administration, Gen McChrystal shocked and angered presidential advisers with the bluntness of a speech given in London last week. The next day he was summoned to an awkward 25-minute face-to-face meeting on board Air Force One on the tarmac in Copenhagen, where the president had arrived to tout Chicago’s unsuccessful Olympic bid.”


[/quote]

Once again proving my point the Barry was more concerned about the Olympics in 2016 the the WOT thats going on right now.