Did Something Stupid Tonight

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
I suggest that instead of giving him “the usual” you could have made your night less intense by returning his hard look with a blank stare, maybe a yawn, followed by another blank stare. You gave this punk the power to piss you off by letting him get under your skin.

[/quote]

I completely agree with this. I also agree with this…

[quote]
cell phone guy, come on! This shit happened to friend of mine. He was on his way to Pismo beach when some pussy ass gang members cut him off. He flew the bird and they pulled a gun. he took there plates, called 911 and faded back. when he got to Kettlemen City CHP had those bitches laying on the 120 degree pavment.[/quote]

It’s really the only way to do things sometimes. I’ve wanted to fight guys before, even if they 100% deserve it, but in reality I would likely end up spending the night in jail with a record for it. Even if you were to do it and not get caught it’s not like the guy would learn a lesson anyway. Hell, after something like that then he would get a gun!

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Firearms are the absolute, most terrible, god awful invention ever.

Everyone’s tough now. Get a gun. You’re the man. Invade a country? Grab the guns. Want to call yourself a warrior? Grab a gun. Want to kill an animal with no skill? Grab a gun.

Want to kill someone like a fucking gutless coward with no balls? Grab a gun.

I wish it were still just knives and catapults. I was born in the wrong century.[/quote]

Yeah, you’re right dude. Creativity, initiative and inventiveness have no place in warfare. Moreso, women shouldn’t be allowed to defend themselves with guns. I mean, if 100lb girls didn’t want to be raped then they’d skip the salad and move on to milk and squats. And it’s true man, that guy that charges a machine gun nest and shoots everyone inside is a total coward. I mean, he should just jump in there and hiyookin everyone inside. And pulling a catapult lever and launching a big fucking rock a couple hundred yards in front of you to kill a half dozen people is way more noble of a weapon than a pistol that you shoot someone with from 10 yards away.

Besides, everyone knows that guns don’t make you tough…beer does.

mike

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Firearms are the absolute, most terrible, god awful invention ever.Everyone’s tough now. Get a gun. You’re the man. Invade a country? Grab the guns. Want to call yourself a warrior? Grab a gun. Want to kill an animal with no skill? Grab a gun.Want to kill someone like a fucking gutless coward with no balls? Grab a gun.I wish it were still just knives and catapults. I was born in the wrong century.[/quote]
My my…Stop blaming firearms for the stupidity and evil in the world…There was plenty stupidity and evil in the world before the advent of firearms, and gangs of edged weapon armed men enforced the will of their masters by terrorizing the unarmed with them…Thank God you have the means and liberty to defend yourself and others against evil, at least on one level, if you have the guts…
Nothing has changed in history except the technology, Bubba’…

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Want to kill an animal with no skill? Grab a gun.
[/quote]
But going to the grocery store where you pick up some meat that someone else killed for you is much manlier.

mike

Just walk away. Stay away from those situations. Even if you beat up or kill some piece of shit there will be ten more waiting to piss you off and make the world shittier. You can’t teach everyone a lesson. On the other hand if there is no avoiding it I think any means from fists to a gun is justified.

[quote]texasguy1 wrote:
I have no idea what I just read. [/quote]

x2. To quote Wall of Voodoo: “No comprende - it’s a riddle.”

I’m starting to fear greatly for tomorrow’s generation of drivers that will be forced to cope with the absence of all the stop signs that have been torn from the ground by these burly, veiny, internet gangsters.

[quote]Mikeyali wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:

Everyone’s tough now. Get a gun. You’re the man. Invade a country? Grab the guns. Want to call yourself a warrior? Grab a gun. Want to kill an animal with no skill? Grab a gun.

I wish it were still just knives and catapults. I was born in the wrong century.

Yeah, you’re right dude. Creativity, initiative and inventiveness have no place in warfare. Moreso, women shouldn’t be allowed to defend themselves with guns. I mean, if 100lb girls didn’t want to be raped then they’d skip the salad and move on to milk and squats. And it’s true man, that guy that charges a machine gun nest and shoots everyone inside is a total coward. I mean, he should just jump in there and hiyookin everyone inside. And pulling a catapult lever and launching a big fucking rock a couple hundred yards in front of you to kill a half dozen people is way more noble of a weapon than a pistol that you shoot someone with from 10 yards away.

mike[/quote]
My point is that any schmo can obtain a firearm and kill large amounts of people with ease. It requires no effort and it can leave the killer almost completely detached from the killing. How many people have been killed due to stray bullets, senseless gang war shoot offs, or civilian casualties in war, etc etc?

[quote]Blacksnake wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:
Firearms are the absolute, most terrible, god awful invention ever.Everyone’s tough now. Get a gun. You’re the man. Invade a country? Grab the guns. Want to call yourself a warrior? Grab a gun. Want to kill an animal with no skill? Grab a gun.Want to kill someone like a fucking gutless coward with no balls? Grab a gun.I wish it were still just knives and catapults. I was born in the wrong century.
My my…Stop blaming firearms for the stupidity and evil in the world…There was plenty stupidity and evil in the world before the advent of firearms, and gangs of edged weapon armed men enforced the will of their masters by terrorizing the unarmed with them…Thank God you have the means and liberty to defend yourself and others against evil, at least on one level, if you have the guts…
Nothing has changed in history except the technology, Bubba’…
[/quote]
Except men of the past could defend themself. Anyone could obtain a sword or other edged weapon and with enough proficiency and skill defend himself and others… Tell me exactly how the fuck a few men defend against a street gang armed with ak-47’s or a dictatorial military with machine guns and rocket launchers? WATCH OUT, I’ve got my 9mm! Are you kidding me?

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Mikeyali wrote:
Inner Hulk wrote:

I wish it were still just knives and catapults. I was born in the wrong century.

mike
My point is that any schmo can obtain a firearm and kill large amounts of people with ease. It requires no effort and it can leave the killer almost completely detached from the killing. How many people have been killed due to stray bullets, senseless gang war shoot offs, or civilian casualties in war, etc etc?[/quote]

how many people have been killed by drunk drivers?

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:

Except men of the past could defend themself. Anyone could obtain a sword or other edged weapon and with enough proficiency and skill defend himself and others… Tell me exactly how the fuck a few men defend against a street gang armed with ak-47’s or a dictatorial military with machine guns and rocket launchers? WATCH OUT, I’ve got my 9mm! Are you kidding me?[/quote]

How did a few men of the past defend against a better armed street gang?

Shit, Tone. You need to learn the art of ignoring stupid fucks. Just ignore them, man.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Tell me exactly how the fuck a few men defend against a street gang armed with ak-47’s or a dictatorial military with machine guns and rocket launchers?[/quote]

Without further hijacking the original post, I’ll ask rhetorically, how do you reconcile this question with your prior post where you state, “My point is that any schmo can obtain a firearm and kill large amounts of people with ease.” When it comes to firearms, you clearly have insufficient information or experience to bring much value to the thread. Stick to the topic.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
InTheZone wrote:
Yeah it’s me ToneBone…the name fits apparently…lol…

So I’m out w/the bro, a pal from 6th grade, big boy works out w/me still…go to a movie, on the way back, I say let’s go through town instead of…right,…as I’m driving around, your typical asshole is driving a bit fast and stupid behind me…so he comes up on us…He’s a punk teenager or twenty something mofo…w/about 5-6 pahtnuzz in the van w/him…

He trys giving me/us, a “look”…I already want to pummel this jerk…I ask him if he’s got a “problem”, the usual right?.

I suggest that instead of giving him “the usual” you could have made your night less intense by returning his hard look with a blank stare, maybe a yawn, followed by another blank stare. You gave this punk the power to piss you off by letting him get under your skin.

[/quote]

ditto

the OP is a moron. oh, pardon me, a “farking” moron

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
ditto

[/quote]

Nice. What a smart response…NOT.

The OP has offered quite a bit of entertaining posts as well as bringing up some pretty good discussions. He’s sharing a situation that many if not all of us have been in, and he ultimately made the right choice in the end thinking about what he was doing. That’s a lesson in itself.

[quote]Loose Tool wrote:
Mister T. wrote:
So, visit America. Don’t let ungrounded fear convince you otherwise.

In the US in 1997 32,436 people died from firearm injuries. The majority (54.2%) were suicides, 41.7% were homicides, and 4.1% were unintentional shootings of indeterminate nature. Of the 13,252 homicides, the victims were disproportionately young, male and black (52% = 103.4 per 100,000 population). By way of comparison the firearm homicide rate for the population as a whole is 3.6 per 100,000 population. On the otherhand, in 1997 there were 37,374 traffic fatalities (14.66 per 100,000 population).

Unless you are young, male and black, if you are going to fear random death in the US, you should be more afraid of driving on our highways.[/quote]

Even in 2001 deaths rates from both categories spank the rate from terrorism in the US, yet most people probably worry more about OBL than firearms and vehicular accidents combined. So either most people are irrational, or people assign their fear based on some considerations other than statistics and probabilities. I have my opinions, but that’s another matter…

To the OP, just remember that that kid is being a punk asshole because he knows his life is worthless and he just wants to feel good about himself for a moment. He may have had a power trip for the moment, but you’re still winning at life.

It’s cool to lose your pride over your family, but don’t lose your family over your pride.

To the OP. It’s cool you stood up that was risky and at the end of the day worth it. I’m sure he’s still having issues with some non-gang member who punked him. It’s even better that you thought of your family and backed down. Unfortunately, incidents where you have to back down will happen more and more unless you take a proactive stance agianst them in an environment outside of the streets. That way you can still fight, but have less of a risk of backfire towards your fam.

[quote]buffd_samurai wrote:
KBCThird wrote:
ditto

Nice. What a smart response…NOT.

The OP has offered quite a bit of entertaining posts as well as bringing up some pretty good discussions. He’s sharing a situation that many if not all of us have been in, and he ultimately made the right choice in the end thinking about what he was doing. That’s a lesson in itself.

[/quote]

The only way you “find” yourself in this position is if you go out looking for trouble. You usually find exactly what you’re looking for.

What is he, a civil rights leader? Standing up against injustice? He doesnt like the way some guy’s driving behind him so his response is to get into a staredown with the guy and ask if he’s got a problem? Idiot.

[quote]KBCThird wrote:
buffd_samurai wrote:
KBCThird wrote:

The only way you “find” yourself in this position is if you go out looking for trouble. You usually find exactly what you’re looking for. [/quote]

Couldn’t disagree more. Alot of times “trouble” finds you just because you look different, are bigger, drive a cooler car…you name it.

[quote]
What is he, a civil rights leader? Standing up against injustice? He doesnt like the way some guy’s driving behind him so his response is to get into a staredown with the guy and ask if he’s got a problem? Idiot.[/quote]

Well, apparently the other “driver” DID have a problem. He was a fucking prick. So, naturally I believe sometimes you get a little fed up with that type of aggressiveness and want to throw it back. I agree with you in that it isn’t the smartest thing to do in many cases. My point is that the OP did the right thing in the end.

Omg! Like first off, your grammar is horrible! I can’t even read it…hehe…
Secondly, I can’t believe you looked at some guy that was staring you down and asked if he had a problem. You are supposed to keep looking forward with both hands on the wheel while your head is pressed up against the headrest if someone does that to you, silly.

I suggest you buy a dictionary because my intelligent mind ONLY understands proper English. I also suggest that you buy a set of fake testicles to hang on the bumper of your car, because that kid wouldn’t have stared you down if he’d seen that you had balls in the first place.~!*