Did Rippetoes for a Year, Want Hypertrophy

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DanielDJ wrote:
‘ayy man! you looking to build some muscle? … you do? … that’s good man that’s real good! … you at the right place’[/quote]

But remeber that you can do what ever the FUCK you wanna do!![/quote]

Those guys are full of shit but they crack me up! [/quote]

Broscience for shure, but they have some good points on som topics and they
crack me up to.

BBB = Boring But Big. It’s in the ebook.

Look up sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar hhpertrophy. Decide which one you want a pick a program to achieve those goals. You can’t have evrything (not at once anyway). I like 5/3/1 myself but it fits perfectly with my goals.

Have you considered sticking to the cals and macro breakdown but cut out wheat and dairy, u might have an intolerance and bloats you

[quote]dapunisher1 wrote:
Its just annoying holding it in all day. If i let up and relax for a second people will see my huge gut and I’ve had young girls in the mall laughing at it lol. I swear the rest of my body is really lean, legs are long and muscular now, arms arent huge but definately hardly any fat, shoulders too. I just got a huge bulge in the gut lol. I’m going to commit to this diet for like 10 weeks because I was eating similar to this before with a few cheat meals every week or so, and would probably overdo the calories with all of the pre workout and post workout carb/protein drinks, and probably too many carbs and no cardio, so I’m going to take like 35 g of protein and 30 g of carb pre and post workout to cut back and eat more salad instead of yams. [/quote]

awwww your gettin made fun of by little girls? wait what?

Look up sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar hypertrophy. Decide which one you want a pick a program to achieve those goals. You can’t have everything (not at once anyway). I like 5/3/1 myself but it fits perfectly with my goals.

Lol yeah I think I eat a great diet. I dont eat dairy at all, just some cottage cheese, drink almond milk and water mix for my protein shakes, no sandwitches or bread or nothing like that. I got a boring diet, but gotta lose this gut mayne.

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]lumbahjack wrote:

[quote]florelius wrote:

[quote]DanielDJ wrote:
‘ayy man! you looking to build some muscle? … you do? … that’s good man that’s real good! … you at the right place’[/quote]

But remeber that you can do what ever the FUCK you wanna do!![/quote]

Those guys are full of shit but they crack me up! [/quote]

Broscience for shure, but they have some good points on som topics and they
crack me up to.[/quote]

x2 But cant argue with bro-science when they have built great physiques. Nutrition wise they are on point though. They building ‘all kinds of muscle’

[quote]late2thegame wrote:

Look up sarcoplasmic and myofibrillar hypertrophy. Decide which one you want a pick a program to achieve those goals. You can’t have everything (not at once anyway). I like 5/3/1 myself but it fits perfectly with my goals.[/quote]

Seriously? you can choose between myofibrillar or sarcoplasmic hypertrophy?
so you really th

Ok, so after the first week of my new diet, I’m down from 228.2 to 224.4 a loss of 3.8 pounds, but my scale is saying lean body mass is down about 2 pounds also. Do you think I should believe the bodyfat percentage information or just pay attention to the weight part. I’m sticking to rippetoes, eating about 2300 calories on off days and 2650 on lifting days maintanence is around 2900-3400 calories, also doing jump rope cardio on off days just starting off on that so I"m doing 5 minutes and adding time as I get better. Really dont want to lose much muscle or strength do you think my calories are at a good level to do this. I’m getting about 300 g of protein,100 g of carbs on lifting days and about 160g on lifting days and about 80 g of fat

[quote]dapunisher1 wrote:
Ok, so after the first week of my new diet, I’m down from 228.2 to 224.4 a loss of 3.8 pounds, but my scale is saying lean body mass is down about 2 pounds also. Do you think I should believe the bodyfat percentage information or just pay attention to the weight part. I’m sticking to rippetoes, eating about 2300 calories on off days and 2650 on lifting days maintanence is around 2900-3400 calories, also doing jump rope cardio on off days just starting off on that so I"m doing 5 minutes and adding time as I get better. Really dont want to lose much muscle or strength do you think my calories are at a good level to do this. I’m getting about 300 g of protein,100 g of carbs on lifting days and about 160g on lifting days and about 80 g of fat [/quote]

4lbs is too much for one week, even if its the first week so I’d up the cals slightly

Does anyone else agree with this? I dont really feel too hungry on this diet, I’m doing it perfect no junk, all good foods. I really want to go from 224 now down to about 195 with no visibile fat before the summer and maintain the muscle

If you’re holding your strength keep doing it