Did Paris Freak Out?

The secret to getting out of jail may be to go absolutely crazy!

Paris Hilton Released From LA Jail
By ROBERT JABLON, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton was released from a Los Angeles County jail early Thursday because of an unspecified medical problem and will fulfill the reminder of her sentence in home confinement, a sheriff’s spokesman said.

Gotta wonder…

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
The secret to getting out of jail may be to go absolutely crazy!

Paris Hilton Released From LA Jail
By ROBERT JABLON, Associated Press
LOS ANGELES - Paris Hilton was released from a Los Angeles County jail early Thursday because of an unspecified medical problem and will fulfill the reminder of her sentence in home confinement, a sheriff’s spokesman said.

Gotta wonder…

[/quote]

It only works for the rich and famous.

[quote]jlesk68 wrote:
It only works for the rich and famous.[/quote]

Awww…beat me to it.

Unspecified family connection.

Hmm.

I’d be more likely to believe that some rich and powerful people had a discussion and came to an accommodation.

What we will get is some type of bullshit semi-believable story that will let the masses continue to believe their legal system is just.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Hmm.

I’d be more likely to believe that some rich and powerful people had a discussion and came to an accommodation.

What we will get is some type of bullshit semi-believable story that will let the masses continue to believe their legal system is just.[/quote]

No Vroom,

the BEST LEGAL SYSTEM IN THE WORLD!!!

We are talking about the US of A here and I heard that more than once.

Don’t give a fuck, but I’d vote for her over hillary.

Orion, I stand corrected!

[quote]orion wrote:
the BEST LEGAL SYSTEM IN THE WORLD!! [/quote]

The best legal system money can buy.

Man, I want her lawyer, if I ever get in trouble. He must be good.

I wonder what the victim’s family thinks.

Ahem.

I don’t know if there’s any room for facts in this little back-and-forth you guys have going on, but-

That crappy, corrupt system has her standing back in front of a judge today, along with the people who got her out…

[quote]Judge Sauer had expressed his unhappiness with Hilton’s release before Mr Delgadillo asked him to return her to court. When he sentenced Hilton to 45 days in jail last month, he ruled specifically that she could not serve her term at home under electronic monitoring.
[/quote]
Source:

[quote]MrRezister wrote:
That crappy, corrupt system has her standing back in front of a judge today, along with the people who got her out…
[/quote]

Presumably, only because it caused a public outcry.

For once, the media does it’s job!

[quote]vroom wrote:
MrRezister wrote:

For once, the media does it’s job![/quote]

I want to shake the judges hand.

They should let her go. The LA jails are overflowing and its actually common to release non-violent and esp females after serving 10% or so of their sentence. Her lawyer points out that she’s actually being singled out because of her fame.

Let the bitch go, esp if she’s going to celebrate by making a fun little video!

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
They should let her go. The LA jails are overflowing and its actually common to release non-violent and esp females after serving 10% or so of their sentence. Her lawyer points out that she’s actually being singled out because of her fame.

Let the bitch go, esp if she’s going to celebrate by making a fun little video![/quote]

There’s a guy known as a “judge” who considers the issues and makes decisions.

Paris would do well to deal with a stainless steel shitter and a crappy little cell, so maybe she can learn she is actually human like the rest of us peons.

However, I must say, I would not like her to be endangered, due to her status, while she is imprisoned. So, I could see special precautions being taken in that respect.

I really like the message that being rich does not give you a free pass to break the law, or get special treatment, and if we can get that extended to the idea that being elected does not give you a free pass to be corrupt, we’ll be well on our way!

Maybe the media can act as a watchdog on this type of thing… like it is supposed to.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Paris would do well to deal with a stainless steel shitter and a crappy little cell, so maybe she can learn she is actually human like the rest of us peons. [/quote]

She’ll probably do the time in the nicest possible conditions given her connections.

[quote]vroom wrote:
MrRezister wrote:

For once, the media does it’s job![/quote]

The media? They always do their job - to make money. They aren’t a public conscience nor a police entity. My days would be just fine without the majority of the crap they make public. That includes anything to do with that twig Hilton.

[quote]kroby wrote:
The media? They always do their job - to make money. They aren’t a public conscience nor a police entity. My days would be just fine without the majority of the crap they make public. That includes anything to do with that twig Hilton.[/quote]

Well, by “the media” I mean “the news” I suppose.

It’s traditionally what “the press” has done. Talk about issues and ensure the public is (or at least can choose to be) informed.

The fact that the public focuses on all the inane trivia is not their fault…

[quote]kroby wrote:
The media? They always do their job - to make money. [/quote]

And there I was thinking their job was to objectively report on important issues and get the citizens properly informed. Oh well, I guess we have different expectations and standards…

The media I watch/read/listen-to are all non-profit organizations. They run no ads and are solely supported by individual donations.