Did LabCorp Mess Up My Results?

A little background info… 26 years old, feel like shit most of the time. I work out 2-3 a week, have a stable job, am in school, but something doesn’t feel quite “right” (all the symptoms of low-t… fatigue, lethargy, don’t really care about anything, anxiety, fear of life, of doing things, absolute shit sex drive etc). I lost my relationship with my ex girlfriend because of my lack of drive- in life and in bed. At this point I decided I needed to get my bloodwork done to figure out wtf was going on.

So, I get my results back.

Total test is 435.8 ng/dL

Not terrible, but its the average levels for someone in their 80s apparently. At least I have something in common with the kind people at the old folks home down the street.

Now to the part I’m referencing in the title… My free testosterone levels were…

16.0 pg/mL

At first I didn’t think anything of it because the range that they gave was 9.3 - 26.5 pg/ml, but that can’t be right is it? The range for a male 18-70 should be 46-224 pg/ml correct??

So my question is, what is more likely… they gave the wrong range for the unit listed or they listed the wrong unit? What do you guys think?

You should post your whole lab report here.

1 Like

Psst. Block out your name.

Highish LH, lowish T, lowish free T.

DHEA, wtf? Never seen that one high, are you supplementing?

Replacing bloodwork details minus name

Yes. I had a saliva hormone profile test done at the beginning of April and my DHEA levels were quite low at 5 ng/ml. I started taking one 50mg pill every other day starting like 3 days before this blood test.

Drop DHEA to 25mg.

DHEA is an adrenal hormone and if low at your age is a huge red flag. Other labs needed:

fasting cholesterol - can be too low
AM cortisol - at 8AM or 1 hour after waking up
CBC
hematocrit
prolactin

FT3=3.2 looks good, but still need to know more, see last paragraph in this post. Might be an adrenal connection…

You may find things that fit your case reading the stickies.

Please read the stickies found here: About the T Replacement Category - #2 by KSman

• advice for new guys - need more info about you
  • things that damage your hormones
  • protocol for injections
  • finding a TRT doc

Evaluate your overall thyroid function by checking oral body temperatures as per the thyroid basics sticky. Thyroid hormone fT3 is what gets the job done and it regulates mitochondrial activity, the source of ATP which is the universal currency of cellular energy. This is part of the body’s temperature control loop. This can get messed up if you are iodine deficient. In many countries, you need to be using iodized salt. Other countries add iodine to dairy or bread.

1 Like

Short answer, No.

In case you want to look behind the curtain. I give you credit if you make it through the whole explanation. Reach deep.