Did it For Chicks, Not Anymore...

blast your bench program
blast your squat program

www.blastyourbench.com

do these programs while your on a cycle and eat like your going to the chair

Im thinking you could get 50-80lbs on your bench and 100+lbs on your squat

One word (four words?)…

OLAD

and also learn to start pushing yourself. You must be stronger than you think your just not putting enough balls into it. Get a spotter. focus on being stronger and rock some lower reps. I was kinda your way a while ago and then thought:

“I better start focusing on getting stronger here.”

And my DL went up like nobody’s business because I pulled my sack out and went heavy.

who knows?

-chris

[quote]Matt McGorry wrote:
I’ll second Fightin’Irish’s suggestions.

And I have to say it too…I’m damn confused as to how that could happen. Can you post a picture of yourself? One of the few possible thoughts I have as to how this could be possible is if you are definetly not around 10% BF and are in fact very fat with little muscle.

What does your training look like now in terms of sets/reps, exercises, etc.

In my opinion, the main problem with AAS use in newbies (other than side effects) was that you can basically do anything and make some progress. Therefore, learning about proper nutrition, recovery, and training becomes less necessary to make gains. Therefore it becomes harder for the user to gain while “off,” not only because they don’t know how they should be eating, training, and recovering, but also because they don’t necessarily have to bust their balls as hard to get results while “on.”

My suggestion would be to stay off the juice for a while and learn how your body works.

-Matt

FightinIrish26 wrote:
vnv wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:
Thats a 2xbody weight bench, and 3xbodyweight squat and dead.

Sometimes to get stronger, you have to put more weight on the bar and push harder.

Thats about it.How much more, and how frequently should it be increased? Like, is there a certain pace I should aim for? Should I expect to add 10 lbs to my deadlifts every two months–or every six months? Etc.

Go check out either Joe DeFranco’s Westside for Skinny Bastards or Dan John’s One Lift a Day.

Both did wonders for my PR’s.

[/quote]

What area/country are you in? Find lifters near you and train with them.

Good training partners are gold.

I don’t believe you used gear and got bigger muscles and stood that weak. Even with gear to stimulate muscle gains you have to bust ass with the weights. I don’t believe this.

D

[quote]vnv wrote:
SkyzykS wrote:
Thats a 2xbody weight bench, and 3xbodyweight squat and dead.

Sometimes to get stronger, you have to put more weight on the bar and push harder.

Thats about it.How much more, and how frequently should it be increased? Like, is there a certain pace I should aim for? Should I expect to add 10 lbs to my deadlifts every two months–or every six months? Etc.

[/quote]

Put more on until you cannot lift it.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
I don’t believe you used gear and got bigger muscles and stood that weak. Even with gear to stimulate muscle gains you have to bust ass with the weights. I don’t believe this.

D [/quote]

I have seen it more times than I would like.
People on a never ending cycle with piss poor eating and training habits that are weaker than a kitten yet still totally jacked.
Steroids can get you there.

[quote]scan7 wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

D

I have seen it more times than I would like.
People on a never ending cycle with piss poor eating and training habits that are weaker than a kitten yet still totally jacked.
Steroids can get you there.[/quote]

I’ll take your word for it scan, but I find it hard to believe. I mean you should still be benching at least two hundred pounds, natural, if you weight that much and have lifted for three years. I mean what was he doing mime lifting!

D

You have to start training less.
Squat one week, deadlift the next. Bench once every five days.
You have to go heavy, though.
A max triple in each powerlift.
This top set should be a gutbuster.
Keep assistance work to a minimum.
You got bigger, now you have to get stronger.
So forget hypertrophy and concentrate on max effort sets and conditioning your CNS.

Talk to Tim Phoenix. If the lightning bolt he shoots up your ass doesn’t electrify you past your plateau, it’s a lost cause.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:

D [/quote]

Hey, knock it off man. Someone on the Internet isn’t going to lie.

[quote]Edders wrote:
Dedicated wrote:

D

Hey, knock it off man. Someone on the Internet isn’t going to lie.[/quote]

True, but unless you’re a glutton for punishment make it a good one. Like I did one cycle and I am benching 500 pounds for reps. Not a few cycles and I can’t hit my bodyweight. Oh yeah, supposedly he looks all “swole”.

D

this is a 2 day a week program, since your going for strength this is what I use sometimes.

tue. bench

Thur. squat

Start with something like this
warm up
70% 3 reps.
take 15lbs off your 1rm and lift that once.

Squats.
5x5 program start with something 70-75% of your max.

The next week add 5lbs to the lifts, do this 6 weeks.

The best advice find somebody to lift with, it sounds like you are just not doing what you body actually can do. A person 200 lbs with 10% body fat if they just did pushups will bench more than that. So its possible your just not pushing yourself enough.

Your coordination might be off also. You can get better coordination by doing more high quality reps. If you can’t bench 200 lbs, I would not suggest a 5x5 program unless your really starting off light. Pick a good weight that is pretty tough for 20 reps, bench it twice a week and go up 5 lbs every workout, until you can only do 6 or 7 reps then you can change your routine. Concentrate on technically sound smooth reps, dumbbells are great but for Bench squats and deads, thrown them out for a few months.

Many might give you superior caliber elite professional training programs with High Intesity this or that. They forget that when they started out the first thing they did was get under the bar and lifted as many times as possible. This may seem like bad lifting but for a beginning lifter this is conditioning and coordination. 3 years or not, if you can’t bench your weight you are a beginner.
Or follow a solid 3 day total body training program.

Hi vnv,

My advice would be to stop training to failure, or at the very least only take the last set of an exercise to failure. You are probably having a hard time maintaining your strength on later exercises because you’ve totally fried your CNS on the first exercise. This would explain why you can increase weight on your deadlift if you place it first in your workout, but can’t use that same weight if it’s placed later in your workout.

Also, I too am somewhat puzzled as to your apparent lack of strength, especially if you have been training for 3 years, have used AAS, and put in adequate intensity into your training. Perhaps it’s a matter of (as several have already stated) that you aren’t really putting forth the effort that you say you are. In other words, perhaps you’re afraid to really see what you can do because of your lack of a spotter.

Which brings me to a question. How can you be taking your sets to failure, if you don’t have a spotter? I can see how you could do it for deads, curls, rows and the like. But, how can you take a bench press or squat to failure without a spotter to help get the bar back onto the racks? Do you use a smith machine for those exercises?

Also, where do you workout? If you workout at home then I can understand that you really wouldn’t have someone available to spot you. If on the other hand you workout at a gym, then just ask one of the members, or gym staff, to spot you. Really, they won’t bite. And they might possibly be able to give you some training tips or possibly become your training partner.

As far as the exercises themselves. I’d suggest that you perform them more frequently; not less frequently as someone suggested. You need to really build your neurological system for these lifts. I say that because, at 200 lbs with 10% body fat (as you have proclaimed to have) you certainly have the structural components necessary to bench and squat much more than you are.

So, you need to simply practice the movements more often, which will build skill in the lifts (all resistance training exercises have a skill component) and you need to develop your ability to recruit your higher force motor units.

I’d suggest reading CT’s recent article on the Pros and Cons of different training program methodologies. The first one he mentions (or even the second one) would be a good choice for you. Another good program to try would be Poloquin’s “1-6” principle.

Good luck and good training,

Sentoguy

I would have to vote for the 5x5 also, but a different version. In 8 weeks my bench went up about 10-15lbs, my squat went up 25-35 lbs and my my deadlift went up 50-60lbs!!

Here’s a little excerpt on it from madcow2 who has been advocating such programs.

"—5X5— Work up to 5rm on all of the following:
Monday: Squats, Benching, Barbell Rows
Wednesday: Squats, Military Presses, Deadlifts, Underhand Pullups
Friday: Squats, Benching, Barbell Rows

Courtesy of bill starr bill starr, the greatest strength coach who ever lived, popularized this in the 70’s with his great book, The Strongest Shall Survive, which was aimed at strength training for football. I believe he had essentually two different programs which both are 5 sets of 5. The first, which is more suitable for beginners, is to simply do 5 sets of 5 with similar weight jumps between each set so that your last set is your top weight. When you get all 5 on the last set, bump all your weights up 5 or 10lbs. Example for squat… 185 for 5, 225 for 5, 275 for 5, 315 for 5, 365 for 5. If you get 365 for 5, move all weights up."

Other points:

1.)Make sure you start the program with your weights on the light side rather than the heavy side. The first and second week should be relatively easy, then 3rd and 4th week gets harder. For example if you can bench 200x5 at most, do 165x5 and 175x5 for week 1, 185x5 and 195x5 for week 2, and try to PR in week 3. I know its hard to be patient, but it will pay off!

2.) For the wednesday squats, you do not do the last heavy set. Using his example, yo would do: 185 for 5, 225 for 5, 275 for 5, 315 for 5 and stop there. Its just to help with form and add volume, which is what the lighter sets will do for all your exercises actually.

3.) if most of your lifts get stalled after say 8 weeks, lower the weight so its easy and ramp up the weight over 2 weeks so its at about the weight you were using before by week 11. (This is the same method as when you start the prgram) It should help you get a bit of rest and break through the “plateau”

4.) Dont add in a bunch of crap. maybe something like 3x10 on curls Monday, triceps Wed, and abs Fri. At most.

I think this type of program would make your strength go up like crazy since you have not been doing anything close to 5 rep maxes. Lift fast/controlled, NOT SLOW.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:

I’ll take your word for it scan, but I find it hard to believe. I mean you should still be benching at least two hundred pounds, natural, if you weight that much and have lifted for three years. I mean what was he doing mime lifting!

D

[/quote]

Just in the comercial gym I am currently employed i can mention 4guys.
One is a Colleague of mine.
He reps to failure with 60lbs dumbells on the incline benchpress around 10-12reps.
He weighs in at 200lbs at 5feet 10inches.
Is 33 has done many cycles and even competed in a Mr Fitness Competition twice.
In the squat he did 10 quarter squats with 220lbs.

I was lazy and didn’t want to go heavy so i did 14 with 242lbs ass the grass.
I am 6feet tall @ 198lbs. Weak, unassisted and skinny.

I outlift 3 of the roided guys in the gym in practically every lift except the bench press.
They all weigh in around 220-242 never go off cycle and are all quite a bit shorter than me.
To show my low overall strength: My all time PR is 258,5lbs x 3 on the bench, yet i out lift them all on pretty much everysthing other than the bench… Pathetic.

Sure, their work ethic sucks and they only push hard on the bench. But they still show that AAS allow you be weak as a kitten and still be hyooooge.

COnversely AAS vcan be a terrific performance booster, but the way it is mostly used is to allow weak willed bitches to gain muscle.