Did I Hit a Vein?

Just did my injection today after my workout. It bled for about 5 seconds after i pulled the needle out then it stopped. I didnt aspirate… i believe also that once a week is enough…didnt this time and just my luck… havent had any other sites bleed… maybe i hit a vein? just curious if the shot was a waste or not.

bmc

There have been other posts just like this in the past. You can find all the details in them.

But your fine.

-RetailBoy

I regularly bleed exactly how you said here.
You’re fine, you’re not missing or wasting material and yes you probably nicked a vein.
No big deal! Also why did you not aspirate?
Always do this step very important!

Now if you developed a wicked cough shortly after your inj than that would mean you injected into a vein… This is bad. Pretty much just gets destroyed by your liver and you piss it out. Doesn’t hurt your body but wastes the compound.

Plenty of resources here to keep you straight!

Good Luck

You are not officially admitted into the darkside if you have not hit a gusher at least once.

Scary as hell when you first do it, but really kind of cool when you think back.

I get gushers in my delts fairly often.

I aspirated yesterday and the syringe filled up with blood,i squirted out the blood,changed the needle and reshot it
first time i ever aspirated and drew blood

[quote]ironmiketyson wrote:
I aspirated yesterday and the syringe filled up with blood,i squirted out the blood,changed the needle and reshot it
first time i ever aspirated and drew blood [/quote]

Good feelin’ eh?

[quote]rainjack wrote:
You are not officially admitted into the darkside if you have not hit a gusher at least once.

Scary as hell when you first do it, but really kind of cool when you think back.

I get gushers in my delts fairly often. [/quote]

You ever try to avoid those arteries in the future? Not meant as a rip, just curious if it’s possible with self injections.

[quote]retailboy wrote:
ironmiketyson wrote:
first time i ever aspirated and drew blood

Good feelin’ eh?[/quote]

id rather not have had it to be honest,it was right before a squat workout and when i was squatting i was wondering if blood was leaking from the vessel or vein i bursted!
seems ok anyway

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
rainjack wrote:

I get gushers in my delts fairly often.

You ever try to avoid those arteries in the future? Not meant as a rip, just curious if it’s possible with self injections.[/quote]

You are not injecting in a vein when you get the gushers. I aspirate every time, and have never drawn back blood. Gushers are caused, I think when you go through the vein.

It’s pretty much unavoidable. You can try and avoid the spots, but that’s damn near impossible because you rarely inject at the exact same angle or hold your arm/leg in the exact same position.

[quote]Randizo wrote:
I regularly bleed exactly how you said here.
You’re fine, you’re not missing or wasting material and yes you probably nicked a vein.
No big deal! Also why did you not aspirate?
Always do this step very important!

[/quote]

I do aspirate 1-2 shots of my 3 a week. You cut your muscle up aspiratinig repositioning and injecting. And considering I have some painful sust i am doing what i can to minimize injection soreness.

bmc

p.s. anyone have bad pollen where they live? I cant stand that shit. Had my window cracked last night on accident in my room and woke up with swollen eyes.

[quote]
I do aspirate 1-2 shots of my 3 a week. You cut your muscle up aspiratinig repositioning and injecting. And considering I have some painful sust i am doing what i can to minimize injection soreness.

bmc

p.s. anyone have bad pollen where they live? I cant stand that shit. Had my window cracked last night on accident in my room and woke up with swollen eyes.[/quote]

“I do aspirate 1-2 shots of my 3 a week. You cut your muscle up aspiratinig repositioning and injecting.”

So let me get this right:
You have allergies, as you said, to pollen.

So why do you breathe? I mean you have allergies, which can effect your mood, job, social ability, structural damage in airways, lung damage form inflamation, etc. So if you are going to risk getting a blood clot, stroke, heart attack, etc because of your ‘cut up muscle’ theory - then why breath, those allergies are killer.

-RetailBoy

[quote]rainjack wrote:

I get gushers in my delts fairly often. [/quote]

LOL! I did my bicep (due to a thread here actually) last week, and
I got a real spurt!
I pulled the needle out, a 23G - so a little large anyway, and as i pulled it out i got a lovely spurt of claret all down my arm and onto my bed where i was sat!

Made me jump actually!

Joe

Calm down budddy.

I inject 3x/week. 1-2 times/week I aspirate.

Plenty others do the same thing. Aspirating then repositioning your head and injecting just hacks things up with the end of the needle causing more unessesary damage.

bmc

[quote]BMC85 wrote:
[/quote]

MY GOD, Bushy! Another for the “Natural Selection” archive!!

Do you know WHY you aspirate?

JB

Joe how in the hell have you posted 661 times in about 3 weeks time…

In response to your 661st post, I completely understand why you aspirate.

bmc

I actually dont like to aspirate either as i find it difficult to do without moving the needle about all over the place cutting and slicing as it goes,next time im gonna buy smaller syringes as the 5ml ones i have its sometimes hard to pull the plunger back esp with 1 hand and trying to force it with 1 hand results in moving the needle.

repeat after me…“I will aspirate”… it’s not that hard to do…and is…well… lets say…the smart thing to do…
as for you gusher…you knicked a vein…no biggie…

Yesterday did another injection and I ASPIRATED got nothing but still bled for about 5 seconds. Is it pretty common to knick veins in the delts?

bmc

I find it very hard to aspirate when doing delts, or while using slin pins - those suckers certainly dont move back easily.
It’s been a long while since I aspirated and drew blood. I had some gushers though. I dont mind at all! BLOODDDDD

You need to aspirate. Period.

I don’t care what your excuse is for not, but the fact of the matter is you need to. But then again, if you’re stupid enough to choose not to, then maybe you need that embolism to kill you, and thereby remove your dumbass from the gene pool.

If you can’t aspirate delts, then it’s time to change injection sites.

World