Did I Get Scammed???

Hey, I was wondering if I could get your opinions on a recent thing.

I sent a Money Gram to a known person. He’s a board sponsor on a big board and is also recommended by a few here. I figured he was g2g because he’s one of the guy’s uncles here.

I sent the funds on 09/11 but the girl at Wal Mart screwed up the destination country and he couldn’t collect. So I re-sent on 09/17. Money Gram shows the money was picked up on 09/20.

I’ve been waiting ever since and nothing. I sent him 2 emails and he finally got back to me saying he still can’t pick up the money.

I called Money Gram just now and they confirmed it was picked up on 09/20 by the receiver in the specified country. I asked if he had to show ID to pick up and they said yes.

So wtf do you guys think I should do? Will the mods/admin at the board help me out since he’s a sponsor at their site? Or am I perhaps screwed? I don’t think he’s a scammer so I don’t know anymore.

Hey Shadow,

Since the Money Gram is cashed, I would contact the source again and make clear that there must be a mixup on his end. Also, doesn’t the receiver have to sign for the funds? Maybe you can get proof of pickup from Money Gram and use that in your negotiations with your source.

FRIGGIN PEOPLE!

I’m tired of the amount of b.s. going on when all we want to buy is some supplements.

I’m sorry about that man, that doesn’t look too cool. Maybe like dynamo hum said, contact them again telling your side of the story that the money was picked up, etc. Maybe prove to them that it was picked up somehow?

Good luck shadow that sucks.

DG

Thanks for the replies guys. Yea, I already sent him an email telling him the cash was picked up. I’m still waiting for that reply.

I don’t know if I can prove he cashed it or not. Either way, if he’s going to scam me it doesn’t matter what I show. I’m just hoping it’s an honest mistake.

It’s been 16 days since he cashed it and I’m still trying to convince him he has my cash. Argh! Just needed to vent a little. LOL

If it is our favourite Uncle, then i would not think he would scam. i do think that the guy who picked up the money may pocket one or two of the pickups, as it wouldnt be too hard to cover up… just say there were only 7 deposits and not the 8 they expected… the company doesnt lose out and it is illegal for most of the payee’s after all… so the police wont be called.

If this is the case then providing a copy of the proof of pickup faxed to you or emailed from WU, would be adequate to show the guy his pickup guy isnt quite the straight laced anabolic money runner he thought… :S

or you have been ripped. Again, if it is the uncle, i would like to think NOT.

JJ

That’s exactly who I’m referring to. Which is why I’m confused because he’s not a known scammer.

Your theory on his runner pocketing it makes total sense. Especially since the first transfer legitimately didn’t go through. It would be too easy for the guy to say “nope, there’s still no money” and it would be believable.

So I might be dealing with a 3rd party trying to scam me. If so, your favorite uncle is innocent and should do the right thing. Right???

Honestly even tho reputations mean a lot in this biz, I wouldn’t give complete trust to anybody without a face…

To him we are just random internet strangers, much like these boards, etc.

I’m not saying you can’t make friends with ppl online or trust ppl, but unless there is a face to relate to things it makes scamming that much easier imo…

Hope it gets taken care of in your favor shadow hunter.

DG

[quote]Shadow Hunter36 wrote:
That’s exactly who I’m referring to. Which is why I’m confused because he’s not a known scammer.

Your theory on his runner pocketing it makes total sense. Especially since the first transfer legitimately didn’t go through. It would be too easy for the guy to say “nope, there’s still no money” and it would be believable.

So I might be dealing with a 3rd party trying to scam me. If so, your favorite uncle is innocent and should do the right thing. Right???[/quote]

IF that is indeed what has happened… however…

Gerds does have a valid point also… albeit a little less optimistic, but maybe just as realistic, if not more so!

Good luck either way. How much are we talking about? How much more than $100?

Brook

You guys sure know how to make a guy feel better. LOL

Yea, you’re both right. It’s sad, but rep is all we have sometimes. Even good reps go south as I’ve seen with other guys. Which makes this game all the worse.

Anyways, I ordered $200. I should have went with the bare minimum to test the waters but this is what I need atm. It’s not even about the money at this point. All this crap is messing with certain time frames.

I’m still waiting for his reply. Hopefully it’ll be settled one way or another soon.