T Nation

Did I Do Something Bad??

I know it is wrong to curl in the squat rack, but is it wrong to use a bench press ‘station’ as a squat rack? I was going between partial deadlifts and box squat and didn’t want to unload all the weight to move the bar up on the squat rack (we only have one squat rack)because I needed every ounce of energy and the time between sets is limited, so I put the bar holders up as high as possible on the bench and was able to get under it and use the bench as my box for the box squat. Worked out pretty good :slight_smile:

Don’t worry, only one other person was there and they were on the stairmaster and it was 20 minutes before closing time :slight_smile:

Not bad at all. Sounds like a good way to set up. Some people could probably use this.

no. i’ve seen guys use a bench for seated good mornings and romanian deads(so that they could get a greater range of motion). but then again, i’m even ok with curls on a squat rack, if you’re not holding anyone up from doing squats.

Your fine brother…I workout at the gym at school and one of the regulars, who I only ever see doing curls, was not only curling in the squat rack but psyching himself up between sets. He was doing the motion wihtout the weight, taking deep breaths, grunting ect. ect. looking like he was going for a PR in a seriously challenging lift.

So I like to get geared up for my sets of curls? So what.

Thanks for the reply, guys. I probably wouldn’t of done that if the gym was busy. I would of taken the weights off from the partials and moved the bar up on the rack for box squats and then moved it back for the partials. Only if there are a couple people in the gym would I do that again and I usually ask if they are going to be using the station ahead of time

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
Your fine brother…I workout at the gym at school and one of the regulars, who I only ever see doing curls, was not only curling in the squat rack but psyching himself up between sets. He was doing the motion wihtout the weight, taking deep breaths, grunting ect. ect. looking like he was going for a PR in a seriously challenging lift. [/quote]

#11- No imaginary curling in the squat rack!!

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
So I like to get geared up for my sets of curls? So what.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAHA Yeah but you do em after DLing 450+ lbs. You know the guy I am talking about as well…other then curls I have only ever seen him do one arm rows.

This guy, does he wear zebra striped Zoobas, tank top and a lifting belt (no matter what he’s doing)? If so, I think I’ve seen him around. Sometimes he has a mullet.

As for did you do anything wrong? If the place is empty, you can do what you want with the equipment, IMO. Except curl in the squat rack, of course.

DB

[quote]Jersey5150 wrote:
RIT Jared wrote:
So I like to get geared up for my sets of curls? So what.

HAHAHAHAHA Yeah but you do em after DLing 450+ lbs. You know the guy I am talking about as well…other then curls I have only ever seen him do one arm rows.[/quote]