Dickheads at the Gym

Gyms need to hand out “VIP” cards for people who actually work out with decent weight and are above 210lbs. With this card they can demand a random noob (without a card) to move from the machine.

Some people are doing “something” in the gym, but without any results. Why should hard training people have to screw their routine because of that?

Dude, I’m sorry I stared at the back of your head, you had a booger on it. If you hadn’t looked like a little girl in trouble, I wouldn’t have bothered you. My bad brah.

Also, hamburgers.

[quote]Dahollow wrote:
Gyms need to hand out “VIP” cards for people who actually work out with decent weight and are above 210lbs. With this card they can demand a random noob (without a card) to move from the machine.

Some people are doing “something” in the gym, but without any results. Why should hard training people have to screw their routine because of that?[/quote]

Everyone has to start somewhere… and everyone has different goals as to why they’re working out etc… or why they do certain things.

I can only hope you weren’t being serious… or maybe you’re just that ignorant.

[quote]Amiright wrote:

[quote]Dahollow wrote:

Some people are doing “something” in the gym, but without any results. Why should hard training people have to screw their routine because of that?[/quote]

Everyone has to start somewhere… and everyone has different goals as to why they’re working out etc… or why they do certain things.

I can only hope you weren’t being serious… or maybe you’re just that ignorant. [/quote]

There was nothing ignorant in his post at all. There are literally people in the gym taking up space just going through the motions. It has NOTHING to do with “everyone has to start somewhere” because those same people will be in the exact same position a year later or worse.

There is nothing wrong with having “different goals”.

There IS something wrong with having NO GOALS and doing shit that is NOT PRODUCTIVE while using equipment the rest of us actually have a plan to use with a purpose.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]Amiright wrote:

[quote]Dahollow wrote:

I can only hope you weren’t being serious… or maybe you’re just that ignorant. [/quote]

There was nothing ignorant in his post at all. There are literally people in the gym taking up space just going through the motions. It has NOTHING to do with “everyone has to start somewhere” because those same people will be in the exact same position a year later or worse.

There is nothing wrong with having “different goals”.

There IS something wrong with having NO GOALS and doing shit that is NOT PRODUCTIVE while using equipment the rest of us actually have a plan to use with a purpose.[/quote]

“Gyms need to hand out “VIP” cards for people who actually work out with decent weight and are above 210lbs. With this card they can demand a random noob (without a card) to move from the machine.”

You don’t see any problem with that statement?

I’m not 210lbs and I never will be… I can not lift what a 210+ pounds person would consider respectable weight(not knowing what respectable weight even is sense that differs completely from person to person). Does that suddenly make me a random newb that has no right to use equipment when the “more capable” trainee approaches.

Edit: not trying to derail this thread…

as far as the topic goes… op needs to rage less

Hmm. What if a gym had a room just for people who could lift heavy enough? Would allow for everyone else to be in their nice comfortable “judgement free zone”, and would give more serious lifters something to try to earn.

Just a thought.

[quote]Amiright wrote:

“Gyms need to hand out “VIP” cards for people who actually work out with decent weight and are above 210lbs. With this card they can demand a random noob (without a card) to move from the machine.”

You don’t see any problem with that statement?[/quote]

No.

[quote]

I’m not 210lbs and I never will be… I can not lift what a 210+ pounds person would consider respectable weight(not knowing what respectable weight even is sense that differs completely from person to person). Does that suddenly make me a random newb that has no right to use equipment when the “more capable” trainee approaches. [/quote]

No, it does not make you a random newb.

However, let me put it like this. If I see Ronnie Coleman in the gym and as he walks towards me he says, “Hey buuuday, ain’t nuthin’ but a peanut but I need to work in on that machine”…I am going to either let him work in immediately or get the fuck off the machine.

But then, I actually have some concept of what it takes to even get bigger than average and don’t hold the opinion that everyone is a special snowflake and everyone everywhere deserves the exact same level of respect regardless of achievement.

I would not rush off the equipment for some guy weighing a buck fifty who can barely benchpress the bar.

[quote]Amiright wrote:

You don’t see any problem with that statement?[/quote]

No.

[quote]

I’m not 210lbs and I never will be… I can not lift what a 210+ pounds person would consider respectable weight(not knowing what respectable weight even is sense that differs completely from person to person). Does that suddenly make me a random newb that has no right to use equipment when the “more capable” trainee approaches. [/quote]

No, it does not make you a random newb.

If I see Ronnie Coleman in the gym and as he walks towards me he says, “Hey buuuday, ain’t nuthin’ but a peanut but I need to work in on that machine”…I am going to either let him work in immediately or get the fuck off the machine.[/quote]

Gotta admit that made me laugh.

At the same time though its the randoms that show up once a week/month/year that pay for the whole show. If everyone that was a member at my gym showed up 5x a week and trained seriously there would either be 1) way too many people at the gym or 2) membership fees would be really high.

I could care less if you’re ronnie coleman or some joe shmow. You’re either going to wait for me to finish or you can work in with me if the machine/exercise is fitting to do so. In the end we all pay the same membership fee, so just because one person is bigger or has “better goals” doesn’t mean they can override the gym. However if the person has no idea whats going on, I’d make them wait.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
I could care less if you’re ronnie coleman or some joe shmow. You’re either going to wait for me to finish or you can work in with me if the machine/exercise is fitting to do so. In the end we all pay the same membership fee, so just because one person is bigger or has “better goals” doesn’t mean they can override the gym. However if the person has no idea whats going on, I’d make them wait.[/quote]

Oh look at me, I’m billy bad ass. I aint moving for nobody.

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:
I could care less if you’re ronnie coleman or some joe shmow. You’re either going to wait for me to finish or you can work in with me if the machine/exercise is fitting to do so. In the end we all pay the same membership fee, so just because one person is bigger or has “better goals” doesn’t mean they can override the gym. However if the person has no idea whats going on, I’d make them wait.[/quote]

Some people are extremely sensitive about people asking them to work in.

I never ask to work in with anyone anymore: the last time I tried, the guy shot me a death-stare, tutted(!) and walked away…why do some people think they have temporary ownership of a piece of equipment, even between sets?

But then, I actually have some concept of what it takes to even get bigger than average and don’t hold the opinion that everyone is a special snowflake and everyone everywhere deserves the exact same level of respect regardless of achievement.

[/quote]

lol, with lines like that you must think you’re a special snowflake.

On a serious note, everyone does have different goals and mine isn’t to be a BB or PL. However, I still BUST MY FUCKING ASS and try to hit PRs every time I go to the gym. I’ll be god damned if you think you have rights to the calf machine when I’m on it! (mild sarcasm)

[quote]Loudog75 wrote:

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

Oh look at me, I’m billy bad ass. I aint moving for nobody.[/quote]

I don’t think you understood what I said. I don’t blame you though, being from Texas and all.

[quote]roybot wrote:

[quote]Rico Suave wrote:

Some people are extremely sensitive about people asking them to work in.

I never ask to work in with anyone anymore: the last time I tried, the guy shot me a death-stare, tutted(!) and walked away…why do some people think they have temporary ownership of a piece of equipment, even between sets?[/quote]

Yeah, I don’t understand why though. If its two people working on the same machine, it usually gives a good amount of rest between your own sets… you might as well let someone finish they workout quicker too.

[quote]Dahollow wrote:

That’s fucking retarded. I would like to have some guy ask me to leave the rack because I don’t weigh 210lbs. How self important and entitled are you people? FFS, if you all get in such a bunch about bullshit, get some qualuudes or train at home.

That “VIP” bullshit is just that. I wish someone would come at me with a sense of ownership or entitlement in the gym. I don’t care who the hell you are. If I’m working out, and someone asks if they could work in, I don’t mind, as long as they are respectful. Come at me the way a couple of you are coming across, then you will have issues. Best piece of advice I can give: if you feel that you are a “VIP”, start your own damn gym, or workout at home. Don’t bring that bullshit to a gym where everybody pays the same price.

I said this before in T-Cell, but if i ever won the lottery or something, or maybe just decided to open a gym regardless, i would probably try to implement a Point system. The VIP system isnt that great of an idea just because it really isnt fair to up N comers, or smaller people who are actually trying, however funny it may be. With the point system, however, everyone would begin on the same level. If we have a guy sitting on a machine for the sake of keeping his ass warm, as in Prof’s situation, he would get a point. After a certain number of points, monthly dues would increase. After a certain amount of increases, you could just be denied membership. I think its a cool idea to keep serious trainers in and people who go to the gym to say they go to the gym out.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
I said this before in T-Cell, but if i ever won the lottery or something, or maybe just decided to open a gym regardless, i would probably try to implement a Point system. The VIP system isnt that great of an idea just because it really isnt fair to up N comers, or smaller people who are actually trying, however funny it may be. With the point system, however, everyone would begin on the same level. If we have a guy sitting on a machine for the sake of keeping his ass warm, as in Prof’s situation, he would get a point. After a certain number of points, monthly dues would increase. After a certain amount of increases, you could just be denied membership. I think its a cool idea to keep serious trainers in and people who go to the gym to say they go to the gym out.[/quote]

You would be out of business in 1 month. Cool idea though. I’d workout there.

[quote]Akuma01 wrote:
I said this before in T-Cell, but if i ever won the lottery or something, or maybe just decided to open a gym regardless, i would probably try to implement a Point system. The VIP system isnt that great of an idea just because it really isnt fair to up N comers, or smaller people who are actually trying, however funny it may be. With the point system, however, everyone would begin on the same level. If we have a guy sitting on a machine for the sake of keeping his ass warm, as in Prof’s situation, he would get a point. After a certain number of points, monthly dues would increase. After a certain amount of increases, you could just be denied membership. I think its a cool idea to keep serious trainers in and people who go to the gym to say they go to the gym out.[/quote]

That would wreak havoc. You all would turn into a bunch of little girls whining about how everyone isnt working hard enough, and bitching to try and get memberships banned until theres only like…two swole dudes in the gym.

lol well the concept sounds a whole helluvalot better when your standing in a gym, dripping with sweat and breathing heavily, looking at the 130lb d bag in a tank top standing in the squat rack doing some retarded breed of a squat every 5 minutes, while taking his rest time to rap at himself in the mirror. Lol seriously try, itll sound genius in that scenario!