Dickheads at the Gym

Wow, haven’t been this ticked off at someone at my gym in a while.

So I’m sitting on the seated calf raise machine with about four plates loaded on it facing the way one is supposed to when using the machine. I look in the mirror and this dude is staring at the back of my head, about 4 feet behind me.

Now, this guy is pretty huge. Probably could be a pro BBer. I don’t know why this is relevant but thought I’d throw it in there.

So I turn and look at his face and he looks away. I continue to sit there waiting for my next set. The next thing I know he is at the side of me, talking (I wear the kind of headphones that are like earplugs and can’t hear shit with them in). I take one out and he says, “Hey, you using that.”

WTF DO YOU THINK YOU FUCKSTICK. NO, I’M JUST SITTING ON THIS THING, WITH BEADS OF SWEAT ON MY FACE AND PLATES ON THE MACHINE FOR NOTHING.

I say, “Ya, it’s my last set.”

He rolls his eyes, sighs, and puts down his water bottle about a three feet from me and proceeds to wait.

I don’t know why the shit pissed me off so much. Probably because when someone is on a machine, I sit back a ways and don’t stare at them like I am trying to rush them.

What do you guys think? Do you stand and stare at the person when you are waiting to use the machine they are on? Because if you do, you should kill yourself. thx.

If a little guy is doing cable crossovers with 30 pounds and I need to use the cables for pushdowns or something…I stare…rush a little bit.

four plates isnt much on a calf lift so maybe he thought you were a pussy because you were sweating from “only” for plates.

shit, dude…don’t take it personal.

how long of a break do you take for calves?

Drama queen. Boo hoo, you probably take forever between your sets.

and you probably stare at me while I do

[quote]markdp wrote:
and you probably stare at me while I do[/quote]

yeah, if you’re only calf raising four plates and taking five minute breaks while you blast some annoying drowning pool bullshit from your earphones.

He asked you if you were using it, which you weren’t, you were sitting on it taking a break. Why didn’t you at least get up and let him do a set while you were dicking around?

So many other things in life cause real stress. If that causes stress for you I either feel bad for you or envy the lack of other stress in your life.

how long of rest do you need between seated calf raises? if it was a long time, yeah i can see why he gave you attitude. Hurry up.

FTR on calves I usually wait less than a minute between sets… these aren’t squats or DLs

I think it was his way of asking if he could work in.

Maybe he noticed your panties bunched easily?

hahahaha I dont think this was the response the OP thought he would be getting from everyone. I kind of find it hard to believe that it was less than 60 seconds between sets… That would mean he HAD to have seen you using the machine. He probably woulda asked “how many more sets do you have?” if it looked like you were using the machine.

.greg.

[quote]gregron wrote:
hahahaha I dont think this was the response the OP thought he would be getting from everyone. I kind of find it hard to believe that it was less than 60 seconds between sets… That would mean he HAD to have seen you using the machine. He probably woulda asked “how many more sets do you have?” if it looked like you were using the machine.

.greg.[/quote]

I think that is why it annoyed me. I wasn’t taking long between sets. It was obvious I was using it.

And BTW I’ve been on T-Nation long enough to know I wouldn’t be coddled, lol.

shoulda posted this in the SRC thread

.greg.

lol probably not the responses you were looking for…
but I would have probably asked if he wanted to work in between my rests.
maybe you were upset cause he was a bear? and bear’s shouldn’t be in gyms anyways… this is a valid reason.

get bigger =p

there are only 4 people who ask if im done/they can work in with me in my gym, and they are all BBers/Plers i know lol.

Seriously, get bigger. No one will fuck with you. In fact next time do a staring contest with the guy.

Next time he asks if you’re done, say “Yeah, all done” and immediately start your next set while staring him in the eye.

Does it bother anybody else that the title is plural while there is only one antagonist in this story? Or am I just being a tool and nitpicking?

OP was obviously referring to himself as well, unconsciously.