Diazepam and Cardio

Agreed, and yes Marty Scorcese is the man.

That’s the point I’d need evidence for. I never heard of that, tried to verify and couldn’t. If you can, I’ll change my mind.

Yes I agree but the difference is that ED pills (i.e. tadalafil) get prescribed for high pulmonary blood pressure but benzos don’t. Just because a medication lowers blood pressure doesn’t mean it’s good at preventing the damage of high blood pressure (see mortality or secondary end point studies on various blood pressure medication). That is the reason why some blood pressure medication (for example ACE-I) gets prescribed for chronic HBP and others don’t (for example nitroprusside). But you’re right that there’s probably no harm done.

Lordgains, I can’t offer any evidence. There may be some out there, but then again I don’t know how many clinical trials would risk exposing a random audience to alcohol and cocktail combinations or sedatives/stilnox. Furthermore, I’m not sure where you would find the mortality rates per substance as mixed with blood saturations of alcohol. Plus there are a lot of variables to work with like blood alcohol levels and medication saturations… Again I’m guessing there may be ethical roadblocks considering some data may be involving non accidental death/hospitalizations.

My assumptions are based on the warnings from GPS and chemists as well as the booklet that comes with the stilnox box (at least here In Australia) that stresses that ZERO alcohol should be consumed at any point where stilnox is used. That same info doesn’t come with a box of valium or a bottle of Xanax, though it’s known that they’re also a dangerous mix.

I’ll be more careful next time to not pass an assumption of as a proven assertion .

And thanks for clarifying regarding the BP. That’s good to know. At one point I was taking 600mg of test plus 400mg EQ and anadrol and my BP was very high in both diastolic and systolic so I self medicated with an increased dose of clonazapam before bed which helped with quality sleep and also helped lower the BP. But I’m sure there are better options.

Thanks for your input!

Damn

It does, I’ve got an old box of temazepam that has the “avoid alcohol” warning on it

I’d post up the pic but my name is on the box (scripted in my name)

Have you ever had a drink after taking a benzodiazepine? One standard unit of ethanol hits like four, not a great idea unless you’ve got a tolerance. People die this way (concurrent, fatal respiratory depression)

1 Like

There actually is a study:

It states that the effects are not additive and not linear in increase (more unequal more).
I don’t know what to make of that.

I would advise anybody to avoid alcohol with benzos AND z-substances equally strict.

Thanks for providing some context.

I wouldn’t do that again because of BP reasons.

You’re a good sport. Thanks for clarifying your statements. I was genuinely worried I missed something that important about Zolpidem.

Lots of medications have pharmacological effects that CAN cater towards amoreliating symptomatology regarding a certain condition.

Opiates elicit an anxiolytic effect for most, they also lower BP and HR. Repeatedly taking opiates to treat anxiety, hypertension or innapropriate sinus tachycardia would end in disaster.

True that!

Interesting study and points of view. As I said before I don’t drink anyway and definitely agree that it’s not a good mix with any of this other stuff

I stand corrected,my bad. And no I personally haven’t as i don’t drink at all. Cheers for your input it’s been a good thread

That’s the point