diary of a steroid user

Lucid:

I’m not here to defend juicers, I don’t juice. However, you’re rambling and don’t seem to make any sense… at least not to me. Lucid you are not.

Yes steroids do make a huge difference but where do you draw the line when it comes to ‘advantages’. Would you look down on someone who uses Mag-10 or other legal prohormones? Or creatine and other ergogenics? What about Hot-Rox and ephedrine? What about just having the advantage of knowing about good nutrition? Hell I think most of the people who read T-mag have a huge advantage over others!

I think the distinction between cheats and non-cheats is more blurry then you like to think.

Shall I elucidate you kenman? I’m making perfect sense. You haven’t juiced so you don’t know what you are talking about. Roids = cheating whether you are in competitive sports or not.

Just sounds like sour grapes to me lucid.

The members asked why it is cheating and your response was “hmmm, cuz it is ok…mom, the juicers are bugging me wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.”

Your moronic response is noted.

Go shoot up jackass. When you are done tell me how your life is. Better yet, why don’t you tell everyone what you were feeling when the needle went in and the first 10 minutes afterward?

Cheating? How? It’s no more cheating (if you’re not a competitive athlete in a tested sport)than using protein powder (too lazy to chew meat), creatine, prohormones or Mag 10 (soon to be illegal), or even using scientific nutrition principles to help you grow.

Steroids are a tool, and a damn effective one. You still have to go to the gym and lift the weights, eat the food, and do the other things it takes to make use of them. So you get a bit farther than the guy spending three times as much on legal (for now) supplements. Big deal.

Do you think some steroid user is going to take your woman from you because he’s hotter than you? What do you really stand to lose if some other guy juices and you don’t?

I’m almost 45, I’ve used AAS off and on for 5 years or so. Even when I’m not on, like now, I feel great. I lift when I’m off and I lift when I’m on. I just make better progress when I’m on. I do it for me. The results, the risks, and everything that comes with it is mine to deal with.

I guess reading bullshit from people I view as overly judgemental should go on that list too. So I’ll do it. I’ll do it the same way I do when I see a movie or TV show that mischaracterizes AAS use or weightlifting; laugh and shake my head.

“I have yet to see a bottle of test bench even 100lbs.”

Why does everyone think or at least the majority think that steroids are the miracle drug. Cheating or not you still have to lift the weight, run the lap or hit the ball, and don’t forget about the nutrition part being at the top of the chain

Good post warhorse…, it doesn’t matter what you can or can’t bench. it’s all relative and has to do with personal goals. You can’t match yourself againsta soemone elses standards.
Lucid, you’re always talking bullshit about steroid users or steroids. Man your sorry ass gets really annoying, if you don’t like them it’s your choice, there are some of us who do like them and make EDUCATED decisions about their use. Now I know you have the right to voice your opinion and so do I. Fuck off Lucid!!!

k.

I think lucid is just bitter because his girl sucked off a juicer somewhere…

Am I right, lucid? Did she spit or swallow?

“Roids = cheating whether you are in competitive sports or not.” Lucid

Cheating who or what? Illegal yes…cheating no. Use in sanctioned events or sports is both, but how can rec use be called cheating? Not to debate legal issues, but AAS are a controlled substance in the United States. If joe blow decides he wants to use them to improve his workouts, body comp, self-esteem…whatever that is his perogative. He making a personal decison to not abide by the law just like underage drinkers, prescription drug abusers, drunk drivers, ticket scalpers, speeders, j-walkers, and the list can go on. Are they all cheating us?

Lucid is going to get a lot of heat in this forum for his position. Funny thing is, probably a lot of Americans (or at least our elected representatives …) share his perspective on steroid use.

I just don’t get it, personally.

It’s all risk/benefit analysis, right? You tally up the pros (improved size + strength) and the cons (legal risk, expense, gyno, disruption of natural endocrine profile). I can totally understand why some people would find the risks outweigh the rewards, and hence would choose not to use. But I can’t fathom how that justifies calling the users “Cheaters”? If you honestly believe that they are losing out in the long run, then why harbour such jealous animosity?

I don’t want to put words in anyone’s mouth, but I get the feeling that some people see steroids as cheating because they wish they could use themselves, and the only thing stopping them is the illegality. And if that’s the case, the problem is with the LAWS, not the users. Isn’t it?

Well, that’s it. I’m done juicing. I actually am done with aspirin and alcohol too. I should stop cheating and endure the pain, I should also stop cheating at social functions and stay sober. Oh wait, I do stay sober.
That’s right I forgot, I don’t drink, don’t eat potato chips and I don’t fckin nag people who do.
I’m also gonna stop f
ckin cursing and take up walking for exercise.
Bottom line, do what you want, but don’t nag people about what they choose. Especially on a forum where they go to discuss it.
As for cheating. Do you play sports at a high level? Do you know how hard their schedules are? They are cheaters. I?m a cheater. But people wanna see great performances and many of the great performances in sports history involved some drug use. Probably as many as did not.

Look at your responses; what a riot. You are a bunch of children. The bottom line is if you get caught, which you will eventually, you are going to get mainlined by some big mofo named Bubba. Then you can laugh all you want.

Well i won’t you fucking dickwad!!!

‘I don’t want to put words in anyone’s mouth, but I get the feeling that some people see steroids as cheating because they wish they could use themselves, and the only thing stopping them is the illegality. And if that’s the case, the problem is with the LAWS, not the users. Isn’t it?’

I couldn’t agree more.

Oh and Lucid are people who use Mag10 cheating too? After all they are anabolic steroids in all but name. They do exactly the same job.

The laws are always the problem. I never said I was against personal choice. Irreguardless of that fact, juicing is cheating. Yes, Mag-10 is cheating and yes, I have cheated before. So what? The entire point of the article was to show what happens when you are allowed to cheat. Its easy to forget what is truly important when you are focused so much on something that isn’t. I’m sorry, but 6-pack abdominals aren’t going to raise this guy’s kid.

Sure, you still have to lift the weights but the simple fact of the matter is when you are juicing, not only are you chemically enhanced, you are also offered the placebo. The thought of being on the drug is probably 1/2 of it, relative to motivating someone to go to the gym or eat right. Face it, you are cheating when you are doing drugs.

Do elite athletes cheat? Yeah, if they are tired of coming in 2nd place all the time. The only way to be fair is to either not allow drugs at all (and be consistent and effective which is way easier said than done) or to simply let everyone have access to the same drugs. Its still the drug’s effect that is the edge, not the athlete.

I’m not interested in having a conversation about genetics and all that crap; the drug is an advantage. If it wasn’t, people wouldn’t do it.

To some degree, even creatine is cheating. I’m not condemning the cheaters; we all do it. I do not do illegal steroids but I have done my fair share of Mag-10 and other compounds. I do consider the freakish pump and the size and strenght gains to be cheating. And yes, I love to see myself in the mirror when I’m jacked up like that in the middle of a workout.

Its a personal choice with a calculated risk. If you do steroids you take the risk of getting busted and you also risk your life relative to what is known about the drugs and probably more importantly, what isn’t known about them.

If it was legal and I could choose whatever I wanted for cycling anabolics and my source was pure and clean, I would most likely do it. I don’t believe the drugs to be as dangerous as people think; unfortunately we live in a society that sometimes demonizes compounds like ECA because some moron doesn’t use it correctly and kills himself. 155 deaths in 8 years is nothing compared to the problems that are associated with simple aspirin. Go figure.

That wasn’t the point; I can relate to the guy in the article because I’ve let something a simple as Mag10 and my diet get in the way of personal relationships before. Its chasing after perfection that gets to be a problem. Perfection is fleeting; you cannot attain it but there are a lot of drugs out there that will get you damn close, damn quick.

We’re children but look at your response about getting ‘mainlined by bubba.’
I have a lot of friends that don’t juice and I respect that. I don’t go over to the natural board and tell people their supplements suck.
Just get out of here. You contribute nothing.
Steroids are a part of sports. Like it or not a lot of good guys have used them. This board is for exchanging practice and theory on how you’ve used them safely for certain goals.
We don’t want you here, cause you don’t have anything to offer us.

Stop posting ‘diary of a steroid user’ topics unless you want them responded to. Drug use is your choice, that doesn’t mean it isn’t cheating.