Would like to ask for tips and ideas on what helped you stick to/dial in during your cut and what factors could/have/did derail such efforts.
I am hoping that with doing enough of the right things and least of wrong things I can understand the process better and more importantly succeed at it.
I realize some of us have or are preparing for contests and that's brilliant (and motivating for me) but I'm not planning to compete anytime soon but tips from contest prep will be helpful, it may even accelerate the achievement of the goal for a regular lifter like myself.
One of my motivations is that I'm 33 and I feel that if I don't perform an honest cut now I will not know if I am capable of disciplining myself through a cut, that I will never know what low body fat feels like to live with and health wise. Also I am becoming a father in a few short months so it's giving me even more impetus to do this quickly and do it right.
Dialing In Factors
1. Not missing scheduled meals due to real life, work, other commitments. I'm taking 6 meals now.
2. Consistent steady state cardio (i.e. perhaps more than 5 days a week?). Perform it in the morning for better progress.
3. Planning meals around and within social commitments. Planning what and when to eat before, what to eat during such commitments etc.
4. More whole food meals rather than protein shake meal combinations (higher ratio of one to the other).
5. Diet soft drinks through bouts of hunger (should I be feeling hunger at all?).
6. Been trying to meditate more and I'm careful with whatever nootropic supplements I've been taking. Supplements wise I am taking fish oil, ZMA, multi-vit, green tea, cissus and a GDA.
1. I find that you won't eat what you don't buy. Requires careful grocery shopping/planning.
2. Not enough sleep, sleeping too late. Ruins the next day as well.
1. Are food/photo food logs useful to help adhere to the cut?
2. Challenges - would a call out help? A challenge of some kind? A competition to prime the mind for sticking to the diet and getting the cut done?
That's all I got for now. Thanks.