Diagnosed with ME (CFS)

Is this the same Dr that dx you with ME? if so it seems that his mind is now closed. I would definitely go get a second opinion from somebody else.

alternatively, and I know things may be different in England, but here in Canada going to your local Emergency (even though you may have to wait an awfully long time) will get you access to same day results and same day interventions. There the Urine is accually analysed by a labratory, not a dip stick. They also have things such as CT scanners.

The hope is you get a thorough Doc, as you definitely want to rule out Cancer. The urinary track symptoms you are describing, along with your pains in your back could well be Kidney related.

You need to get to the bottom of this ASAP

If it wasn’t for your urinary problems I would say it very well could be low testosterone and that this should be ruled out. It could be though, and your urinary symptoms and back pain are in addition to the low energy.

Cheers guys,

Lets assume it is low test for a mo, would starting a high dose course right now eliviate symptoms after a couple of weeks, and then prove that is was low test causing the problems?

labs, labs, labs…stop guessing about it bro…get complete labs cbc, lipids, free and total test, e2 (specify you insist on ultra sensitive assay for males)…more than likely your PCT was not nearly as successful as you think and your t is low and/or your e2 is high.

If you need a specific set of labs that you can refer to i always insist on the list written by Dr. John Crisler at allthingsmale.com read his trt recipe for success it explains what he tests for and why.

I am curious as to why coming off in august (only 1.5 months ago approx) you are assuming that your pct worked great?? obviously by your condition it did not.

oh and make sure you run the labs B4 you start taking anything on your own to alleviate symptoms as bad as that may suck right now

I really don’t think your back pain and urinary symptoms though are related to prostate as BBB states. Experience points towards kidneys and bladder.

I have been in excactly the same situation so I understand your frustrations, and (as was the case with me) worry.

Im interested in what you said about your urine. You mentioned that there was a definite smell, almost sweet, cloudy, along with difficulty passing urine too? Your also experiencing some form of fatigue?

It could be that you may be showing some pre-diabetic symptoms, especially considering past stimulant use?

Now with me, I insisted that I had test levels checked, turned out I am hyopgonadal, which presented itself with many of the same symptoms you describe (even the pre-diabetic ones). I had to battle with the docs and endos throughout this, now I am on TRT, and all my symptoms have completely gone!

My experience has shown me that you have to be forceful and informed with docs in this country!

Thanks again for the input guys.

Dave, no problems/pain urinating, nor am I going a lot during the night but I am going a lot during the day.

I checked my cycle diary and my last injection of test was avtually on the 10th June 2008.

I said August becuase I got confused with when it was I went on hols, and I couldnt remember when I finished.

So ive been off for a while.

When I asked my doc about testing my test levels he was very pissy about my steroid usage, but I will try again, I am waiting to have prostate bloods done and see what they show up.

My main concern is this crippling back pain, one other possibilty I have been advised to try and get checked out is kidney stones.

Cheers guys

EE,
Did you mention the smelly urine to your doctor? And do you find that it is moreso than ‘normal’?

Probably not a good idea to discuss AAS or stim use to your doc, but present yourself with symptoms that need some form of diagnosis.

My GP was pretty insistant that I had ME and wanted me to go on antidepressants, if I hadnt done what i did, I would never have had my problem resolved.

Anyway, please, dont get yourself too worked up or worried, clutching at diagnoses, until you have some black and white results that may provide some tangible insight into your situation.

Chin up mate.

BBB,

Experience over the years has shown me to think critically and laterally when it comes to such matters and that GPs are not always the diagnosticians they would like us to believe. I have a lot of respect for the medical community, however, I do not agree with the culture we have of viewing everything they tell us as gospel.

I had to battle for 10 months to finally get treated appropriately. I am lucky, I have access to a lot of research and resources that others may not, and was able to construct a strong case for myself. I find it really worrying though that other people, without the knowledge and resources I have / had available, could quite easily be misdiagnosed with some other condition, such as depression and be placed on any number of inappropriate drugs. Scary.

I wont even mention the issues I faced about cost and NHS resources!!!

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
Electric_E wrote:
Thanks again for the input guys.

Dave, no problems/pain urinating, nor am I going a lot during the night but I am going a lot during the day.

I checked my cycle diary and my last injection of test was avtually on the 10th June 2008.

I said August becuase I got confused with when it was I went on hols, and I couldnt remember when I finished.

So ive been off for a while.

When I asked my doc about testing my test levels he was very pissy about my steroid usage, but I will try again, I am waiting to have prostate bloods done and see what they show up.

My main concern is this crippling back pain, one other possibilty I have been advised to try and get checked out is kidney stones.

Cheers guys

I didn’t think about kidney stones since renal colic (the pain you get when they block a ureter) is supposed to be absolutely excruciating.

However you just used the word ‘crippling’ which could be seen as the same thing.

Would you mind detailing the nature and presentation of your pain please E_E?

BBB[/quote]

Ok mate, its lower back, central and either side of the spine, sometimes in the coxsix and hip.

I am more stiff in the mornings, there is constant stiffness and pain, but only every now and again is it ‘crippling’ if I crouch down or lie on the setee for a time it will seize up and be excruciating.

Cheers

PS I got some N acetyl cystiene today, should they smell like rotten eggs?

[quote]Dave Rogerson wrote:
BBB,

Experience over the years has shown me to think critically and laterally when it comes to such matters and that GPs are not always the diagnosticians they would like us to believe. I have a lot of respect for the medical community, however, I do not agree with the culture we have of viewing everything they tell us as gospel.

I had to battle for 10 months to finally get treated appropriately. I am lucky, I have access to a lot of research and resources that others may not, and was able to construct a strong case for myself. I find it really worrying though that other people, without the knowledge and resources I have / had available, could quite easily be misdiagnosed with some other condition, such as depression and be placed on any number of inappropriate drugs. Scary.

I wont even mention the issues I faced about cost and NHS resources!!![/quote]

Absolutely - people hold far too much regard for Medical doctors - GP’s particularly… they think that it is an exact science and the years of training and the pay packet is some way to prove their accuracy in the field.

It is most often an educated guess followed by trial and error… and a court case.
Try to explain to your wife that you self administer/prescribe testosterone… she says “go to the doctor, it would make me feel more safe”

Not me.

Bi-weekly injections of a Cyp ester? And when my libido took a nose dive at the end of the first week she would be singing another song!

I have respect for many medical professions - and of course we need GP’s and they do have an important role… except i hate the job. They are often ignorant, arrogant, lazy and set in their ways after so many flu like symptoms and sprains… it sends them mad i think - so all they can prescribe is Sildenafil, NSAID’s and SSRI’s!

Some GP’s are great. I just havent met one. I had a friend who was a GP… he used coke very heavily… he wouldnt touch a benzo though due to his professional upbringing, and he believed that the most effective and safest way to lose weight was to eat a single, large meal a day.
He was a fucking cunt. Still is i’m sure. Also 5’6" and about 120lbs tops.

Brook

Absolutely - people hold far too much regard for Medical doctors - GP’s particularly… they think that it is an exact science and the years of training and the pay packet is some way to prove their accuracy in the field.

It is most often an educated guess followed by trial and error… and a court case.
Try to explain to your wife that you self administer/prescribe testosterone… she says “go to the doctor, it would make me feel more safe”

Not me.

Bi-weekly injections of a Cyp ester? And when my libido took a nose dive at the end of the first week she would be singing another song!

I have respect for many medical professions - and of course we need GP’s and they do have an important role… except i hate the job. They are often ignorant, arrogant, lazy and set in their ways after so many flu like symptoms and sprains… it sends them mad i think - so all they can prescribe is Sildenafil, NSAID’s and SSRI’s!

Some GP’s are great. I just havent met one. I had a friend who was a GP… he used coke very heavily… he wouldnt touch a benzo though due to his professional upbringing, and he believed that the most effective and safest way to lose weight was to eat a single, large meal a day.
He was a fucking cunt. Still is i’m sure. Also 5’6" and about 120lbs tops.

Brook[/quote]

Brook, cant agree with you more, We have to remember that all medical professionals are people too and are prone to the same faults as the rest of us. But for some reason we hold them as something other than human…which is a mistake.

Thing is, and you make thus point yourself, 90% of the patients a GP will see are likely to have minor ailments, depression, etc etc with which they have the expertise and experience to deal with quite effectively.

I was able to convince my endo that frequent test, self administered, opposed to nebido or a transdermal would be optimal for me. I very much doubt that he would have let any of his other patients self administer though.

The thing that people often forget too is that GPs have targets and budgets to adhere to and often treatments and procedures that are administered may not be optimal, they get the job done, at a reasonable cost.

not been woken with any pain mate, and and increase in pain is usually due to movement orbeing in a bent over position for a length of time, in saying that though I was driving the other day and my back just suddenly hurt like fook, I had to stop get out and stretch off.

I actually played rugby today, didnt want to but they begged me :slight_smile:

Anyway I had a volterol suppositry first and it was fine, but I gues I will pay for it tomorrow

Cheers