Diagnosed, But Unsure of Treatment

UPDATE:

Something I didn’t mention was that on my first apt with pcp he initially mentioned that I might have a low thyroid and that we should check it. On my second appointment however he seemed pretty confident that it was a pituitary / hypothalamus issue and we continued on from there.

Having researched ksmann’s previous posts I think that maybe I should have had a few more labs done. Curious how some of you approach your doctors about this. I realize that the doctor is there FOR the patient but I imagine there is a fine line between being a condescending know it all and genuinely concerned about tests/treatments that the Doc may or may not be aware of.

For example, lets say your doc is a fairly open minded guy that genuinely cares about the well being of his patients(as I believe mine does). In specialty fields such as this where he unknowingly may not be up to speed on the most current protocol, how do we as patients educate them without sounding like an idiot.

I mean we are essentially entering into a discussion with very little knowledge about a topic that one man has made his professional living for the last 25 years, with only the advice of a few smart individuals on forums and anti-aging clinics. Kind of hard to go to bat with that, no?

To answer some of ksmans usual questions:

Are you on any medications? Rx or OTC
Nothing except for 10,000IU of Vit D3

Do you use iodized salt?
No, but over the last week I have made some changes to diet that should now fix that

Feel cold easily?
Sometimes, but I wouldn’t say its often.

Outer eyebrows sparse?
Yes as a matter of fact they are

Last night while trying to fall asleep(11pm’ish) I noticed my heart beat was elevated. Not crazy high but enough that it was noticeable which then becomes uncomfortable due to the fact that I’m just laying in bed. That compounded with a restless mind and some light sweating. It didn’t last very long(maybe 20-30 minutes) until I eventually fell asleep. I have never really had any problems with sleep, when I was younger I could sleep up to 15 hours if not disturbed. Over the last couple of years that has changed due to our child being born, but I still usually get ample sleep(5-9 hours).