Diablo III

May 15th!

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/?-

Pre-ordered about 30 mins ago.

So, what’s the dealio with the graphics?

Are they keeping the WoW-esque crap, are they sticking to the darker graphics of the first two, or is it something in between?

edit: D2 wasn’t all that dark; I’m speaking comparatively.

Losers.

[quote]anonym wrote:

Are they keeping the WoW-esque crap, are they sticking to the darker graphics of the first two, or is it something in between?

edit: D2 wasn’t all that dark; I’m speaking comparatively.[/quote]

it is keeping the Wow type graphics but it is also dark.

[quote]anonym wrote:

edit: D2 wasn’t all that dark; I’m speaking comparatively.[/quote]

From what I have seen it is a lot less “blocky” than wow, and much darker in terms of colors to set to mood and the default view is more zoomed out and overhead.

There’s a few mods out there already that make the graphics darker via some shading. I prefer that look over the stock.

The current stock graphics are too bright.

Good news, then. One of the things I loved most about the original was the pants-shitting atmosphere of dungeon crawling by torchlight.

The second one was decent based on pure entertainment and the greater options, but it WAS missing that element the first one had in spades, IMO. The improved multi-player made it particularly addictive.

[quote]anonym wrote:
Good news, then. One of the things I loved most about the original was the pants-shitting atmosphere of dungeon crawling by torchlight.

The second one was decent based on pure entertainment and the greater options, but it WAS missing that element the first one had in spades, IMO. The improved multi-player made it particularly addictive.[/quote]

Diablo 3 isn’t as pants-shitting as I would like it. Granted it’s only the a part of the first act I’ve played in the beta. I have a feeling the beta was overly easy for the simple fact it’s a beta. As evident by recent changes to equipment that was available.

I think we’re in for a nice surprise.

Pre-ordered… and very thankful that this comes out AFTER my current semester.

Beta has been fun, but I’m hoping that it becomes much more difficult, especially in inferno.

I got bored of the beta very quickly, and I don’t really like how they have skills set up. I still have high hopes though.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I got bored of the beta very quickly, and I don’t really like how they have skills set up. I still have high hopes though.[/quote]

The skills were okay until they put in the forced baby mode that was broken, but now that’s fixed. Beta was fun for about 20 hours between all the classes.

[quote]Dmgctrl wrote:
Pre-ordered… and very thankful that this comes out AFTER my current semester.

Beta has been fun, but I’m hoping that it becomes much more difficult, especially in inferno.[/quote]

I think the latest beta changes increased difficulty, I have hopes the launch will provide plenty of difficulty, don’t forget the beta is only about 1/3 of act 1

[quote]HoustonGuy wrote:
Losers.[/quote]

Played D2 considerably in the past. I want to get D3 but I know exactly how addictive it’s going to get.

Agree that D1 was darker, the music added quite a bit to the atmosphere.

if any of my fellow d3 players want to make some extra cash writing some d3 articles for my website, PM me!

This is going to be unreal! What race are you guys going to stick with?

I also heard the best testers blizzard has have not yet beaten the inferno mode.

[quote]Hellfrost wrote:
This is going to be unreal! What race are you guys going to stick with?

I also heard the best testers blizzard has have not yet beaten the inferno mode.[/quote]

Race? Think you mean class.

But either Monk/Wizard.

I tried Witch Doctor on beta and it felt way OP.

I’m going to go with the barbarian. I liked that class the best during the beta.

Anyone planning on hopping on the D2 LOD ladder reset on May 2nd? So much fun when everyone has to restart from scratch and it will be a good lead up to the d3 release.

Of course the ladder reset is in the middle of finals week. Fuckers.

I don’t wanna have to play online tho.
Is that still a thing?
I read a long time ago that D3 was entirely online
and That was what really ruined 1&2 for me.
All the cheating and hacking and lagging etc.